What's wrong with smart guns?

Next the fucking LIB coward pussy-boys are going to demand a fucking card reader in a gun: "If you don't mind before you kick in my door I need to get my wallet and find the card to swipe for my gun to work. It will only take a minute."
There are parts of the country which could be accurately described as war zones.
Every high school student in the country should spend a couple of days in these war zones and then be asked if having a gun to protect yourself in them is a good or a bad idea.

Gun rights advocates will say they are a form of gun control and a violation of the second amendment rights. I say abide by the second amendment by owning a musket.

Very good point. When the Second Amendment was written, "arms" meant a very different thing than it does now. At that time not even the Minié Ball had been invented. To read the Amendment literally, I should be allowed to bear a fighter jet or a nuclear missile if I want to.

When you can bear under the definition a fighter jet or a nuclear missile, we will consider your interesting viewpoint. :laugh:

In the Heller case, the SCOTUS noted that there was a historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of “dangerous and unusual weapons”.

There is a "tradition", sure.
But on the other hand there's also the wording of the Constitution.

Please expound.

Next the fucking LIB coward pussy-boys are going to demand a fucking card reader in a gun: "If you don't mind before you kick in my door I need to get my wallet and find the card to swipe for my gun to work. It will only take a minute."
There are parts of the country which could be accurately described as war zones.
Every high school student in the country should spend a couple of days in these war zones and then be asked if having a gun to protect yourself in them is a good or a bad idea.

---- but there's no way Gun Nuts are aggressive. Nope. :eusa_liar:

---- but there's no way Gun Nuts are aggressive. Nope. :eusa_liar:
And who do you call when you need help? Someone with a fucking gun. You're a fool. Someone is trying to break into your house. One neighbor has an NRA sign on his lawn. Your other neighbor has a "Ban All Guns" sign on his lawn. Who are you going to run to for help asshole? Not the neighbor with the Ban All Guns sign on his lawn because whoever is kicking your door in just came from your LIB coward pussy's house and your neighbors are fucking dead.

Why did that Black lady want to sit somewhere other than the back of the bus?
She had the right to do so for whatever reason or for none at all. The why was her business.
By the same token I have the right to bare arms without infringement. Why I choose a particular weapon is my business. Feel free to mind your own.

If you decided to go skydiving...Which would you trust more. A regular parachute...or a fingerprint reading, electronically controlled parachute?

Why would you want a finger print reader on a parachute? Fingerprint readers are regularly used at the pentagon and nuclear facilities. Haven't heard about any problems using them there.

Opening a door is not a life or death situation

Operations at the pentagon and nuclear facilities quite often is..

If you decided to go skydiving...Which would you trust more. A regular parachute...or a fingerprint reading, electronically controlled parachute?

Why would you want a finger print reader on a parachute? Fingerprint readers are regularly used at the pentagon and nuclear facilities. Haven't heard about any problems using them there.

You wouldn't, even If there was a pressing need for it.

It's an analogy of a life or death situation where a mechanical device must work immediately.

If you wouldn't trust your life to this technology on a parachute...that answers the question "what's wrong with smart guns" quite succinctly.
Well if it doesn't work you can always take the batteries out and put them back in again and hope you don't get shot by a guy with n old fashioned not so smart gun

Batteries last for years. Changing them on a regular basis is just common maintenance. Do you clean your gun after using it?

More guns, more suicide

High-Gun States Low-Gun States

Population 39 million 40 million

Household Gun Ownership 47% 15%

Firearm Suicide 9,749 2,606

Non-Firearm Suicide 5,060 5,446

Total Suicide 14,809 8,052

yeah.....where did you get that stat and how many years does it cover...because that is not a yearly stat. You realize that right? This is another gun grabber lie technique..they lump large periods of time together, and don't tell you they did it so they get this huge number........to scare people who don't follow the actual links.....

I already posted the link, it clearly states the time line from 2000-2002.

Oh...I see.....it looked like they were talking millions...

Total suicides in the whole country from the CDC in 2013....

from guns...

21/175

From unspecified...not guns...

And in Japan, South Korea, and China....all suicides...not guns...

again....guns are not the issue...

What is 21/175? Is that 21,175? So like almost half of all suicides are by gun? Kind of high.

And all of the suicides in Japan, South Korea and China are not by gun….and they have more of them…and Apparently so does Scandinavia, Poland and Hungary……..

And you would have to convince us that since 19,900 people in the United States commit suicide without guns, that the 21,175 people wouldn't just commit suicide with the other methods the other 19,900 used….

And I don't believe you answered my question……since you lefties love the idea of Doctor assisted suicide…would it be okay with you if the Dr. just shot the person they were assisting?

Why not pick the UK? They have far fewer suicides than we do, you're cherry picking.

In the meantime states with lax gun laws have 6k more suicides with 1 million less people.

Lax gun law states
population: 39 million
47% of population owns guns
non-gun suicides:5,060
gun suicides: 9,749
total suicides: 14,089
suicides per million: 361.25

Stricter gun law states
population: 40 million
15% of population owns guns
non-gun suicides: 5,446
gun suicides: 2,696
total suicides: 8,142
suicides per million: 203.55

So, while states with fewer guns slightly edge out states with more guns in the number of non-gun suicides, it's insignificant compared to gun suicides.

And yes, you already have the link to the stats.

False comparison.
You can't kill (or even injure) anybody by opening a parachute.

Plus if you jump out of a plane there is a 100% chance you need to use a parachute. On any given day there is about a 0% chance you will need to fire your gun.

You never need to fire a gun until you do and when that time comes to you want a dead battery on your fingerprint scanner to be the reason you wound up dead?

If only there were some kind of thing like a low battery indicator. Why can't some genius invent that.

Oh wait.... :eusa_doh:

False comparison.

Plus if you jump out of a plane there is a 100% chance you need to use a parachute. On any given day there is about a 0% chance you will need to fire your gun.

You never need to fire a gun until you do and when that time comes to you want a dead battery on your fingerprint scanner to be the reason you wound up dead?

I am fine with that. There is basically zero chance you will need to fire a gun. And it is easy to keep the batteries charged. You probably don't forget to load your gun do you?
I don't care of you're fine with it

I'm not and I'm not going to bet my life if it comes to it on a piece of technology that can fail

I have a fingerprint scanner on my computer and routinely have to swipe my finger 2 or 3 times for it to work

There's no way that's acceptable on a firearm

Conventional guns can't fail huh? Informative.

But not as informative as watching all the Firearm Fetishists carefully dance around the point, opting to focus on the comic-book cops-and-robbers fantasy way unlikely to ever happen, and totally ignoring the five-year-old who picks up a gun in curiosity and shoots his toddler sister's face off.

They fail far less often than any piece of electronics. Tell me when was the last time you had to unplug and plug back in an electronic device?

I have never had a gun experience a mechanical failure

And I don't have kids so your point is moot as far as my situation is concerned

It's an analogy of a life or death situation where a mechanical device must work immediately.

If you wouldn't trust your life to this technology on a parachute...that answers the question "what's wrong with smart guns" quite succinctly.
Well if it doesn't work you can always take the batteries out and put them back in again and hope you don't get shot by a guy with n old fashioned not so smart gun

Batteries last for years. Changing them on a regular basis is just common maintenance. Do you clean your gun after using it?

Of course I do but you cannot guarantee me that a fingerprint reader will work 100% of the time.

What if I have blood on my hand? What if my hands are sweaty?

I have a scanner on my computer and I routinely have to swipe my finger more than once when my hands are clean and dry

And besides I want my wife to be able to pick up and use any weapon we have in the house a gun coded to one person doesn't allow that

yeah.....where did you get that stat and how many years does it cover...because that is not a yearly stat. You realize that right? This is another gun grabber lie technique..they lump large periods of time together, and don't tell you they did it so they get this huge number........to scare people who don't follow the actual links.....

from guns...

21/175

What is 21/175? Is that 21,175? So like almost half of all suicides are by gun? Kind of high.

And all of the suicides in Japan, South Korea and China are not by gun….and they have more of them…and Apparently so does Scandinavia, Poland and Hungary……..

And you would have to convince us that since 19,900 people in the United States commit suicide without guns, that the 21,175 people wouldn't just commit suicide with the other methods the other 19,900 used….

And I don't believe you answered my question……since you lefties love the idea of Doctor assisted suicide…would it be okay with you if the Dr. just shot the person they were assisting?

Why not pick the UK? They have far fewer suicides than we do, you're cherry picking.

In the meantime states with lax gun laws have 6k more suicides with 1 million less people.

Lax gun law states

Stricter gun law states

So, while states with fewer guns slightly edge out states with more guns in the number of non-gun suicides, it's insignificant compared to gun suicides.

Guns do not cause suicides

Opening a door is not a life or death situation

Operations at the pentagon and nuclear facilities quite often is..

Not really

from guns...

21/175

Lax gun law states

Stricter gun law states

Guns cause suicide about as much as a hammer causes a nail to drive into a 2x4.

Other than that, I have stats and you don't

False comparison.

If only there were some kind of thing like a low battery indicator. Why can't some genius invent that.

I am fine with that. There is basically zero chance you will need to fire a gun. And it is easy to keep the batteries charged. You probably don't forget to load your gun do you?

I'm not and I'm not going to bet my life if it comes to it on a piece of technology that can fail

I have a fingerprint scanner on my computer and routinely have to swipe my finger 2 or 3 times for it to work

But not as informative as watching all the Firearm Fetishists carefully dance around the point, opting to focus on the comic-book cops-and-robbers fantasy way unlikely to ever happen, and totally ignoring the five-year-old who picks up a gun in curiosity and shoots his toddler sister's face off.

They fail far less often than any piece of electronics. Tell me when was the last time you had to unplug and plug back in an electronic device?

Well no. The military says the AK averages 1 failure per 1000 rounds. Common LEDs can cycle on and off thousands of times per second for years without failure.

False comparison.

Well no. The military says the AK averages 1 failure per 1000 rounds. Common LEDs can cycle on and off thousands of times per second for years without failure.

How are either of those analogous to a fingerprint reader?

I don't own an AK and if an LED fails I won't end up dead if a fingerprint scanner on a gun fails I could

from guns...

21/175

Lax gun law states

Stricter gun law states

Guns cause suicide about as much as a hammer causes a nail to drive into a 2x4.

Other than that, I have stats and you don't

Lies damn lies and....

Tell me how many of those people who kill themselves with guns in the US wouldn't still commit suicide if there were no guns available?

And besides suicide is not a crime and people have the right to decide whether they live or die so your suicide numbers don't count as far as I'm concerned

from guns...

21/175

Lax gun law states

Stricter gun law states

Japan, South Korea and China…absolute gun control…no ownership for civilians….and higher suicide rates than the United States and Great Britain.

How about naming the states in particular…….that would be helpful.

If You want a smart gun, buy a smart gun. But of course it isn't enough for you to buy a smart gun for yourself…..you have to make it the only gun anyone can buy…which is where the conflict comes in.

False comparison.

False comparison.

Total number of accidental gun deaths in the United States for children 14 and under…… the total population of children in the U.S. in 2010 74.2 million….. 69 kids accidentally killed with guns.

Let's see….74.2 million children…. vs. 69 accidental gun deaths of children under 14 in 2013.

We aren't ignoring anything…we actually know the truth….

And it is people like you who are fighting to keep gun safety education out of schools so that even that tiny number of children killed accidentally with guns could be reduced…why is that?

Forum List

Back