What's your offical position

Check all that apply

• No abortions, no exceptions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As has already been expressed on the first page, not really my place, as a man, to tell a woman what to do with her body.

That said, if I and my significant other found ourselves in a situation where this was a possibility, I would only support it per rape/incest/life of the mother. Nothing more and nothing less. Ultimately, even in those circumstances, the final decision should and would be hers and hers alone.

You don't have my opinion listed so I won't cast a vote in the poll. My stance is that abortion should never be used as a means of birth control. Rape/incest and if the mother's health is in danger is certainly a consideration that should be considered. However, abortion, for the simple sake of birth control should not be allowed. Also, abortions should not be paid for by the taxpayer.

My thoughts the same...women, and even teens, who think that it's 'ok' to abort every time she accidentaly becomes pregnant really should just get their tubes tied and be done with it.

As far as how late? I have mixed feelings about it. By 20 weeks the mother can already feel the fetus move...to me, it's an amazing feeling and made me fall in love with my baby the first time I felt her move...but, I also wanted her and she was no accident.

If a young woman or teenager becomes pregnant as a result of rape/incest, she should make her decision before the 12th week...I don't want to hear the excuse "I didn't know till now"...when a rape occurs the woman should be aware that there is the possibility of pregnancy and should take every precaution necessary to find out or terminate as soon as possible...blood tests and the morning after pill are reliable and relatively inexpensive.

since i don't have a uterus, i feel qualified to tell women they should never, ever, ever, ever care about my opinion on this.

Fascinating....

:eusa_eh:

Yet, without much of a brain, you feel qualified to tell everyone about your opinion about anything else?

:eusa_clap:

I agree with the conclusion that crime rates decreased in the early 90's PARTIALLY because about 20 years earlier, the Roe v. Wade decision nationally legalized abortion. Unwanted criminals were aborted, and the chances that I or my progeny would be maimed or murdered declined.

Therefore, I support women's right to choose.

And I support anything that makes the decision easier than birthing an unwanted human who will be a criminal.

You have enough time to stop in and post, but didn't bother to state your position.
Everyone knows my position. As do you

Actually, I don't. I started this thread because I realized i know the least about the positions of the the people who most often post in the abortion threads.

Obviously I know you're pro-life, but that's a very broad brush.

Broad brush? No it is not. I believe everyone has the right to life, no matter if it inconveniences some or not.

Everyone knows my position. As do you

Actually, I don't. I started this thread because I realized i know the least about the positions of the the people who most often post in the abortion threads.

Broad brush? No it is not. I believe everyone has the right to life, no matter if it inconveniences some or not.

It's a very broad brush. If bet anyone who checks any of the 1st 3 options on the poll consider themselves pro-life, but each option is very different.

since i don't have a uterus, i feel qualified to tell women they should never, ever, ever, ever care about my opinion on this.

Fascinating....

:eusa_eh:

Yet, without much of a brain, you feel qualified to tell everyone about your opinion about anything else?

:eusa_clap:

I agree with the conclusion that crime rates decreased in the early 90's PARTIALLY because about 20 years earlier, the Roe v. Wade decision nationally legalized abortion. Unwanted criminals were aborted, and the chances that I or my progeny would be maimed or murdered declined.

Therefore, I support women's right to choose.

And I support anything that makes the decision easier than birthing an unwanted human who will be a criminal.

thanks for taking the time to try and insult me, octoboi.

good to know i've still got free space in your head :lol:

It's a very broad brush. If bet anyone who checks any of the 1st 3 options on the poll consider themselves pro-life, but each option is very different.

It is NOT a broad brush for me

It is NOT a broad brush for me

And so your position is ....

1) no exceptions
2) health of the mother
3) rape, incest, health of the mother

?

1. Please explain the fetal difference between 3 months and 40 weeks.

2. These choices make "pro-choice" people uncomfortable because it exposes their extreme (to most people) position on this issue.

3. State laws can differ on legal age for marriage, gay rights and self defense, so why not on this issue?

2. These choices make "pro-choice" people uncomfortable because it exposes their extreme (to most people) position on this issue.

3. State laws can differ on legal age for marriage, gay rights and self defense, so why not on this issue?

Since I am the OP, I will assume this is addressed to me.

1) No
2) that's your opinion
3) they do differ

Do you mean 3 months and 20 weeks since those are the choices. My personal opinion is that except for the life of the mother one should not get an abortion. However the law differs with that so I specified first trimester. The argument about life gets less evasive after 12 weeks. The baby can survive with help on its own shortly there after. That means the claim it is not a human has no legal bearing on the issue. It is a child after that.

Seems like abortion is making the rounds again on here. So, Im curious what's your official position?

Poll to follow

My position is, abortions for any woman who wants one in the 1st trimester, abortions for rape/incest until the 20 week, and only to save the mother after that.

I like your idea.

I'd only add that I'd love to see both ends of the issue pool their incredible passion, energy and resources to minimize abortion's real problem, which is demand.

Seems like abortion is making the rounds again on here. So, Im curious what's your official position?

Poll to follow

My position is, abortions for any woman who wants one in the 1st trimester, abortions for rape/incest until the 20 week, and only to save the mother after that.

I like your idea.

I'd only add that I'd love to see both ends of the issue pool their incredible passion, energy and resources to minimize abortion's real problem, which is demand.

I think if both sides ever decided to work together they could do big things with this issue. However since they can't even agree on what effects abortion rates, I don't see change ever happening.

1) No
2) that's your opinion
3) they do differ

1. I was asking an honest question. I assume 40 weeks is the (current) point of fetal viability outside the womb?

2. Just an observation about negative posts.

3. The varying responses to your poll indicate a range of opinions which contradict the validity of a 9 person poll conducted by the SCOTUS.

Personally, I think once a woman finds out that she is pregnant (i.e., 3 months), she needs to make a choice. Is the 40 week exception for rape/incest because those circumstances might delay her decision?

1) No
2) that's your opinion
3) they do differ

1. I was asking an honest question. I assume 40 weeks is the (current) point of fetal viability outside the womb?

2. Just an observation about negative posts.

3. The varying responses to your poll indicate a range of opinions which contradict the validity of a 9 person poll conducted by the SCOTUS.

Personally, I think once a woman finds out that she is pregnant (i.e., 3 months), she needs to make a choice. Is the 40 week exception for rape/incest because those circumstances might delay her decision?

20, not 40.

I'm not in favor of seeing Roe v Wade overturned if it's a sin against god and we all have answer for our sins then I will left god deal with it. On a non religious side I do think there should be parental notification for a teenager getting a abortion I feel like that is a awful lot for a teen to try and deal with on their own.

I agree, I don't think parental notification is unreasonable.

I agree with blackhawk.

If the parents did not know the girl was having sex in the first place...or to uninformed or oblivious about their daughter to realize she was pregnant.....then they have no business knowing about the abortion.

What if she was pregnant as a result of rape or incest? You still think parents shouldn't be notified?

You do realize that these are the girls who are coerced into it, right?

Forum List

Back