When Did Republicans Come To The Conclusion That The Bush II Regime Were Lying To The American People?

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
It seems as if ever since Trump came on the scene as a politician, now twice impeached, former US President, the Republicans have gained the understanding that there was nothing good about The Bush II Regime.

That said, when did you come to that conclusion, was it BEFORE Trump, or AFTER?

What, exactly, did it for you?

Last edited:
It seems as if ever since Trump came on the scene as a politician, now twice impeached, former US President, the Republicans have gained the understanding that there was nothing good about The Bush II Regime.

Why/why not?
Pre-Escalator Day, they would defend Bush's wars all day long. My favorites were when they (a) pretended the Meltdown was just another recession, and (b) pretended that Bush had no choice but to go to war because Congress approved it.

Then along came Escalator Day, and they flipped like a pancake.

Pre-Escalator Day, they would defend Bush's wars all day long. My favorites were when they (a) pretended the Meltdown was just another recession, and (b) pretended that Bush had no choice but to go to war because Congress approved it.

Then along came Escalator Day, and they flipped like a pancake.
"Escalator Day?"

Oh, you're talking about when ole Twinkle Toes came down spewing crap about Obama's birth certificate.

I get it now.

Last edited:
ALL of the Bushes were RINOS. They were obvious about everything.
And their asskissing Hitlery and Obozo was just cementing their kinship with those fucking abominations!!!
It was when Biden was caught lying and had to drop out of his Presidential campaign in 1988.

I called BS on Bush when he claimed the Iraq war would only cost $74 billion and we'd get our money back.
The Iron Law of Progress: USE IT OR LOSE IT

The occupation could have actually turned a profit if we, who created the use for what to the dumb desert savages had been nothing but muck, had taken our intellectual property back. But that was beyond the mindset of Bush, who inherited all he has and never earned anything by brains and initiative.

I like that you call it a REGIME. That is funny considering how suddenly you libs are all about "respecting elections".

I mean, we all you are all nothing but shit talkers, but it is still funny to see you slip up so badly.

Anyhow, that bit where you assume that we all had to edit our memories because the new leader... thought something differently...

Yeah, that's you not understanding how normal people work and projecting your own issues.

Stop doing that.

I like that you call it a REGIME. That is funny considering how suddenly you libs are all about "respecting elections".

I mean, we all you are all nothing but shit talkers, but it is still funny to see you slip up so badly.

Anyhow, that bit where you assume that we all had to edit our memories because the new leader... thought something differently...

Yeah, that's you not understanding how normal people work and projecting your own issues.

Stop doing that.
So you actually approve of the Bush II Regime?

I was kicked off Free Conservatives.Com b/c 2 days after the Iraq invasion I saidwe had been lied to

I was kicked off Free Conservatives.Com b/c 2 days after the Iraq invasion I saidwe had been lied to
Many years ago I got kicked off Sean Hannity's forum after my first post, it was regarding the Bush II Regime.

That guy is a bonafide water carrier. His closet is chuck full of buckets.

During Bush II.

And what did it was Bush II.

When did Democrats start worshiping him - that's the real question.

Holy time traveling Batman. Desperate to avoid current events much?

Did you ever figure out that every word out of Slick Willy's mouth was a lie?

How about the whoppers The Worthless Negro told the American people?

Then we have President Potatohead that has never told the truth in his pathetic corrupt life.

Crooked Hillary gets a mention but she was never President, thank God.

George W. Bush , like every other republican in the freaking history books, was under constant attack by the mainstream media. That's the way the system works. Bush was a freaking genius and successful president compared to what we are dealing with today.

Yeah, it is very difficult to find anyone who says they supported Bush. But while he was president, they were loud and proud. And right up until 2015, hardly a month would go by on this forum when someone was insisting Hussein had WMDs.

But once Trump declared, they went totally radio silent about those WMDs.

In about 15 years, it will be the same for Trump. You won't find any of his supporters anywhere.

I voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004. I also supported the war in Iraq. And to a certain extent, I still do.

I served for 20 years, and I had first-hand knowledge that it was just a matter of time before we went to war with Hussein again. I was involved in an operation in the mid-90s where we stopped Hussein from invading Kuwait again.

The problem I had with Bush as far as the war was concerned is the way he prosecuted it. Totally amateurish and stupid. After Hussein fell, we should have used the Iraqi Army to help keep the country from falling apart the way we used the German Army after Hitler fell.

It was a huge strategic mistake to disband the Iraqi Army. Most of the insurgents were former Iraqi soldiers who had no means of supporting themselves or their families.

My next concern about Bush was he and the GOP Congress doubled the federal debt. The federal debt is my number one pet peeve.

Next, Bush created a whole new government healthcare program without any way to pay for it. It has cost the American taxpayer far more than Obamacare, and yet you never heard a peep of complaint from the Right.

And then my biggest concern about Bush was the War on Terra™. The torturing of prisoners and the spying on every American without a warrant.

So from 2006 to 2018, I always left the top of my ballot blank. I did not vote for anyone for federal office.

At some point along the way, a Republican poll worker in my state was caught filling in blank ballots like mine with Republican federal candidates. She had been a poll worker for something like 6 years before she was caught.

After that, I just wrote in silly names at the top of the ballot. Snoopy, Pat Paulsen, etc.

In 2016, I wrote in Ted Cruz for my mother who had recently passed. She was a big Ted Cruz supporter. I am glad she did not live to see him become the simpering submissive Trump toadie he is today.

In 2020, I voted for the Libertarian candidate.

Forum List

Back