When Have You Made Enough Money?

Should there be a cap on how much any person or entity should be allowed to earn?

• Yes. There should be a limit on earnings.

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • No. There should be no limit on earnings.

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • It depends. I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters
No country can long sustain such a huge income gap. It was our great income gap that led to the great depression. It was France's income gap that led to their revolution. It was again, our income gap that led to the financial situation we are in again.....

Are we a country united, or a country divided? Apparently, we're divided. You believe that CEOs are separate from our country and have no responsibilities toward our country even though it's our country that provided them with their wealth.

Think, use some logic.
It's not your money.

No it isn't

But "We the people" get to make the rules.
We get to decide on what is taxed and what is exempt. We get to decide about loopholes and exemptions and taxable and non-taxable income.

For too long, those decisions have been dictated by the mega-wealthy...the result has been an ever expanding concentration of wealth in the very few

So...you are torpedoing your own argument. On one hand>? It Isn't 'YOUR MONEY'...but then YOU [via the 'people'] can vote yourself Other people's money?

You are a walking fuckin' contradiction aren't you?

No country can long sustain such a huge income gap. It was our great income gap that led to the great depression. It was France's income gap that led to their revolution. It was again, our income gap that led to the financial situation we are in again.....

Are we a country united, or a country divided? Apparently, we're divided. You believe that CEOs are separate from our country and have no responsibilities toward our country even though it's our country that provided them with their wealth.

Think, use some logic.
It's not your money.

No it isn't

We get to decide on what is taxed and what is exempt. We get to decide about loopholes and exemptions and taxable and non-taxable income.

For too long, those decisions have been dictated by the mega-wealthy...the result has been an ever expanding concentration of wealth in the very few

"We" don't get to decide how much other other people can earn, if not "our" money.

It's not your money.

No it isn't

So...you are torpedoing your own argument. On one hand>? It Isn't 'YOUR MONEY'...but then YOU [via the 'people'] can vote yourself Other people's money?

Afraid not my friend...

That is the way civilized societies work. You are a member of the society whether you like it or not. The society as a whole (We the people) gets to decide who contributes what and what is done with the money collected

It's not your money.

No it isn't

"We" don't get to decide how much other other people can earn, if not "our" money.

You earn as much as you can.......But you earn as part of a society. You draw benefits from the society....but are also expected to pay in. The society (We the people) decide on what the society needs to provide and then decides the allocation to each member.

If you don't like the society you are in...you are welcome to move to another

No it isn't

Afraid not my friend...

That is the way civilized societies work. You are a member of the society whether you like it or not. The society as a whole (We the people) gets to decide who contributes what and what is done with the money collected

You just expanded on what *I* said of you. How quaint. That isn't HOW a Republic works numbnuts.

So the Society can VOTE themselves into your wallet?

THAT is what you're saying...and WHY you Statist fucks will be defeated...and why Obama, and this Congress are on their way out.

No it isn't

You earn as much as you can.......But you earn as part of a society. You draw benefits from the society....but are also expected to pay in. The society (We the people) decide on what the society needs to provide and then decides the allocation to each member.

And you will be vacating soon...and Not soon enough for ME.

No it isn't

Obama is a part of our society as well and is supposed to work FOR us, not dictate TO us. He doesn't like our society, but instead of moving to another, he's going to put his boot on our throats to change ours..........

Obama is a part of our society as well and is supposed to work FOR us, not dictate TO us. He doesn't like our society, but instead of moving to another, he's going to put his boot on our throats to change ours..........

He does work FOR us.......He was elected by "We the People" and is representing us as our President. That is the way our Constitutional form of government works. We elect representatives with political positions we agree with and they represent us in running the government

I'm sorry you don't like being an American

Exactly. And this is the 'Hope and Change' those that voted for him received to thier own detriment. Obama isn't of individual Liberty.

Obama is of the State...and the allowance of whatever Liberty (Life, Liberty, Persuit Of happiness [Property]) They allow by LAW.

He does work FOR us.......He was elected by "We the People" and is representing us as our President. That is the way our Constitutional form of government works. We elect representatives with political positions we agree with and they represent us in running the government

An elected official dictating how much money you should make ( amongst other things, but we'll stick to this one for now ) is not American, comrade .........

An elected official dictating how much money you should make ( amongst other things, but we'll stick to this one for now ) is not American, comrade .........

Please provide any links showing where Obama dictated how much money you can make... I will wait

Please provide any links showing where Obama dictated how much money you can make... I will wait

" At some point, you've made enough money " = Unamerican

Do i really have to provide a link proving he said that ? , off script of course .......

Do i really have to provide a link proving he said that ? , off script of course .......

I'm still waiting for a link not some sound bite. I knew you couldn't provide one

Come on driveby...its not that hard

Unless you are lying of course

Last edited:
No it isn't

Afraid not my friend...

So the fact that the majority CAN force their will on the minority makes it moral, ethical, and right for them to do so? Hmmmm. What an interesting theory. :eusa_whistle:

So now we're going to parse words, and say, "Well, he didn't do THIS SPECIFIC THING, so nothing happened at all"? Pitiful.

I'm still waiting for a link not some sound bite. I knew you couldn't provide one

How absolutely lame. "You gave me a soundbyte, not a link, so nothing happened! Na nah!"

Are you denying he said it, or just trying to find a way to dance around the fact that he did?

How absolutely lame. "You gave me a soundbyte, not a link, so nothing happened! Na nah!"

Are you denying he said it, or just trying to find a way to dance around the fact that he did?

I'll make the same offer to you..

Provide a complete quote, in context, where Obama dictates how much money you can make...Do you have a problem in defending your point? Post the full quote, in context and we can discuss it

I am still waiting

Last edited:

Afraid not my friend...

So the fact that the majority CAN force their will on the minority makes it moral, ethical, and right for them to do so? Hmmmm. What an interesting theory. :eusa_whistle:

We work within a system of government that has been in place for over 225 years. We elect representatives to represent the will of "We the people". Those representatives enact laws within the context of the US Constitution with oversight by the Supreme Court.

You obviously have a problem with the United States system of government.

Forum List

Back