When Have You Made Enough Money?

Should there be a cap on how much any person or entity should be allowed to earn?

• Yes. There should be a limit on earnings.

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • No. There should be no limit on earnings.

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • It depends. I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters
Your not good at math

How so? Mind giving me a real answer instead of trying to criticize me? Don't see me criticizing you for your grammar mistake.

Also, I'm doing the raw numbers out. I'll do it the way they said at the bottom if you like.

You changed it, I believe. You multiplied by 100 instead of 10.

I was pretty broke in 2007.

Man, this sure is a fun trolling thread. Especially since the majority of Corporations don't pay any taxes at all, meanwhile the rich pay as much in taxes % wise as their workers due to loopholes and write-offs. Add that to the fact that federal taxes are at their lowest levels in 60 years.

How do you know ?

In 2009 my taxes were more than double my entire income in 2007.

Well this depends on a variety of factors:

1.) I don't know if you're being honest.

2.) How much was your income vs 2009.

3.) What were your write-offs in 2007 compared to 2009?

There are a whole variety of things of why that could be. But then again, you could just be completely bullshitting me too.

It just reflects the ups and downs of the Amway business

Your not good at math

Well, let's check my math then. We'll use algebra (or, al-jebr if you'd prefer).

Let x = your income in 2007
You said that you paid more than twice x as income tax is 2009. So, 2x = your income tax in 2009.

You then claimed that you made 12 times as much money in 2009 than 2007. Therefore, 12x = your income in 2009

If you paid 2x in taxes in 2009, and earned 12x, you paid 1/6th of your income as taxes. Alternately, 16.66666666666%.

Code:
Um, I think that would be "you're".

Ya I am using my iPad, it's not like normal typing.

[off topic]

OMG, somebody actually bought one of those stupid things?

I have several friends who have bought them - and love them. It really depends on what one's communication, information, and productivity needs/goals are.

I wish it ran Mac OS X instead of the iphone version. And I'm going to wait until version 3 before I consider buying one. I don't buy version 1.0 of any Apple product.

It's really fast and the graphics are great, I really like the iBooks too.

I think there should be a limit. No CEO should make 500 to 1000 times what their employees make. Especially when they are driving the company into the ground as they are today.

Unless you're a stockholder in that company, what's it to you how they choose to manage their money?

I think there should be a limit. No CEO should make 500 to 1000 times what their employees make. Especially when they are driving the company into the ground as they are today.

Unless you're a stockholder in that company, what's it to you how they choose to manage their money?

No country can long sustain such a huge income gap. It was our great income gap that led to the great depression. It was France's income gap that led to their revolution. It was again, our income gap that led to the financial situation we are in again.....

Are we a country united, or a country divided? Apparently, we're divided. You believe that CEOs are separate from our country and have no responsibilities toward our country even though it's our country that provided them with their wealth.

Think, use some logic.

You know when......when you have the money to leave oppression, empire, police state and other things the flounderers "supposedly" escaped ' from.
It was a scam. THEY won the real war.

The Chinese won the big war.They never fired a shot !
Now go to Walmart and buy wunna them thar new NASCAR sweat shirts.

No country can long sustain such a huge income gap. It was our great income gap that led to the great depression. It was France's income gap that led to their revolution. It was again, our income gap that led to the financial situation we are in again.....

Are we a country united, or a country divided? Apparently, we're divided. You believe that CEOs are separate from our country and have no responsibilities toward our country even though it's our country that provided them with their wealth.

Think, use some logic.

And now you're going to explain how it was our "great income gap" that led to the Great Depression, right? I'm not even going to dignify the ludicrous attempt to simplify the French Revolution into "an income gap" and compare it to modern-day America. :rolleyes:

And I'll thank you not to ever again try to tell ME what I believe and don't believe, especially when you are so puerilely clueless about what that might even be. Next time, ASK me what I think, rather than attempting to attribute the argument you WISH you were opposing to me so that you can argue against it.

Think, use some logic.
It's not your money.

Think, use some logic.
It's not your money.

No it isn't

But "We the people" get to make the rules.
We get to decide on what is taxed and what is exempt. We get to decide about loopholes and exemptions and taxable and non-taxable income.

For too long, those decisions have been dictated by the mega-wealthy...the result has been an ever expanding concentration of wealth in the very few

Last edited:

Forum List

Back