When republicans complain about single moms getting food stamps, why don’t they consider the well-being of the child?

Single moms having kids they can’t afford is an easy target. It makes a right winger feel superior by shitting on such a woman. It makes it easy to rail against the idea of food stamps altogether. Such a person judging feels superior because they aren’t on food stamps and have a full time job in comparison. Somebody should probably tell them that it is very common for anyone to have a full time job and not be on food stamps lol. Such people judging aren’t as special as they like to think they are. Food stamps is not the epidemic that republicans like to think it is. They simply pretend that it is because it makes them feel less insecure about themselves. The truth is that few actual able bodied adults are even on food stamps. The ones that are have dependents.

But sure, such irresponsible women do exist.

We can all agree: an impoverished woman should not have kids and she made a mistake when she had one. Okay sure. However, the kid still…. exists. What should we do with that kid? Should the kid suffer because of the mom’s mistakes? Probably not, right? Government assistance is required either way.

“SNAP targets those in greatest need. Among those participating in the program, most are children, elderly persons, or individuals with a disability. In fact, 86 percent of all SNAP benefits go to households that include a child, elderly person, or person with disabilities. In addition, about 92 percent of all SNAP benefits go to households with income at or below the federal poverty line.”
nobody rails against them…we do however think they should be looking for work.

the dems don’t even want woek requirements…the dems want folks dependent on govt. that’s what folks “rail” against

Single moms having kids they can’t afford is an easy target. It makes a right winger feel superior by shitting on such a woman. It makes it easy to rail against the idea of food stamps altogether. Such a person judging feels superior because they aren’t on food stamps and have a full time job in comparison. Somebody should probably tell them that it is very common for anyone to have a full time job and not be on food stamps lol. Such people judging aren’t as special as they like to think they are. Food stamps is not the epidemic that republicans like to think it is. They simply pretend that it is because it makes them feel less insecure about themselves. The truth is that few actual able bodied adults are even on food stamps. The ones that are have dependents.

We can all agree: an impoverished woman should not have kids and she made a mistake when she had one. Okay sure. However, the kid still…. exists. What should we do with that kid? Should the kid suffer because of the mom’s mistakes? Probably not, right? Government assistance is required either way.

“SNAP targets those in greatest need. Among those participating in the program, most are children, elderly persons, or individuals with a disability. In fact, 86 percent of all SNAP benefits go to households that include a child, elderly person, or person with disabilities. In addition, about 92 percent of all SNAP benefits go to households with income at or below the federal poverty line.”
Leftist Democrats are unprincipled, immoral, unaccountable, poor decision making degenerate lowlifes…180 degrees the opposite of conservatives.
You degenerates insist on cultivating and recruiting more degeneracy…you even beg Mexico to send all their filth for American’s to foster…you‘re hellbent on expanding our underclass at a rate that us producers can’t pace with.
See, it isn’t really about the money, for good people it’s about not wanting to live among filthly human beings with your mindset…A human who has children they can’t properly provide for and afford without robbing others is the lowest of low, the dirtiest piece of filthy dog shit….Nobody decent wants more of you, more with your mindset. Sorry bud

We can all agree: an impoverished woman should not have kids and she made a mistake when she had one. Okay sure. However, the kid still…. exists.

Note the difference between the amount of time spent talking shit on conservatives, vs the...grudging admission that "impoverished women" should not have kids.

This shows where Billy000 is really coming from.

It is not my responsibility to feed your child. It is your responsibility.

I may chose to be generous and help you out if I feel you deserve it but I don't need the filthy ass government taking my earned money by force to supply a bloated welfare system.

Are you completely incapable of evaluating misleading statistics?

Cultural morality and generational poverty can only be cured by education. As a conservative Christian libertarian I support SNAP, however until such time our educational system is flipped and overhauled there will be no change. Change does not result from money being thrown at a problem.

Note the difference between the amount of time spent talking shit on conservatives, vs the...grudging admission that "impoverished women" should not have kids.

This shows where Billy000 is really coming from.
Grudging admission? It’s simply obvious. Why would anyone say it’s okay for women to have kids she can’t afford? That’s simply not the point of OP. The point of OP is that regardless of how irresponsible the woman is, the child still needs support.

Grudging admission? It’s simply obvious. Why would anyone say it’s okay for women to have kids she can’t afford? That’s simply not the point of OP. The point of OP is that regardless of how irresponsible the woman is, the child still needs support.
To support the child, the child must be removed from the mother instead of rewarding the woman for having the child.

To support the child, the child must be removed from the mother instead of rewarding the woman for having the child.
And do what with child? Foster care? Do you realize how expensive that would be in comparison to food stamps. It’s a ridiculous, impractical idea.

I've done it for parties. Course if you're on welfare you shouldn't be throwing parties and sticking it to the taxpayers.
You should be doing what you can to get a job.
Well, I stand corrected. My husband did buy Cokes for barbeques and oyster roasts, but never so many. There was always beer, wine and sweet tea. We never served soda at small dinner parties.

The Lord of the Manor was responsible for insuring the Peasants got fed,
So taxpayers are now "lord of the manor", regardless of how they may be struggling with inflation-Joe's economy, and the folks on the dole are "peasants"? I need my peasants to do some weekly yard work in exchange for their free food.

So taxpayers are now "lord of the manor", regardless of how they may be struggling with inflation-Joe's economy, and the folks on the dole are "peasants"? I need my peasants to do some weekly yard work in exchange for their free food.

Cool. So when will you start howling for more police to hold back the hungry hordes? Or will it be National Guard?

Forum List

Back