When should open the economy? Name a date.

Back to work / back to normal before we have ways of stopping the spread, is the formula for the original death toll estimates.
The original death toll estimate was pure propaganda. It worked. We shut down the economy over what appears to be less that the deaths of an average flu season. They're desperately trying to inflate the death toll now. It's so blatant that if you got hit by a bus and killed, if they thought you had Covid 19, that would be listed as the cause.
You don't understand the numbers. They were based on the conditions on the ground as input points to an epidemic model. Factors like R0 determine the exponential expansion of the curve, with the area under the curve the total cases, and or fatalities.

The original R0 estimates wre in the 2.5 to 3.5 range, hence a total of 100K to 240K fatalities.

With the closure of schools the R0 was reduced by a third. Closing down non-essential business, another third. Social distancing another third. Bringing the R0 down near or below 1.0

Reversing any of the mitigating elements under the current case load, would return us to the original trajectory, virtually where we left off.

Yes that may well be true.
But isn't it also true that those who have not yet gotten COVID-19 either are immune and will never get it, or will get it eventually?
The only way any virus goes away if after enough people get immunity from getting it.
Social distancing can slow the spread so hospitals do not get over loaded, but it won't reduce the final count, I think.

So why did Obama fail to restock the emergency supplies? We would not have faced the shortage had he done his job.

Had Obama stocked the shelves or not, it's up to the following administration to check inventory. Same with administration officials. Obama left a fully staffed executive branch, yet Trump chose to leave over 3,000 positions permanently unfilled.

Every administration chooses what they want on hand. And president Trump had three years to restock, and failed to. But you can't directly blame the president, since he oversaw the disbanding of the white house office in charge of that stuff, so you didn't have any high level people to tell him the cupboards were bare.

So you decided to join the "lie-fest" of the libtards?

Since there never should have been a shut down in the first place, I would say ASAP.

June 1st let's take a serious look. The economy will survive just fine. Send out round #2 and #3 of stimulus checks.

Maybe the economy will do fine, but maybe not.
The current national debt is $23.3 trillion.
That is so much money, that people may consider switching to another currency, like the Euro for things like OPEC payment, and then our economy would totally collapse.

Actually we should have never closed down as much as we did and should have enacted social distancing, face masks and maybe just shutting down hot zones.

Rest of the Nation could have kept going while requiring no interstate travel unless it is shipping of goods for sixty days...

Yeah, great idea! My daughter just was transferred from Texas to Virginia. I'm sure the Army would not miss her sitting at my house for two months.

The worst thing anyone could do is travel.
All travel should have been stopped, especially the Army, which is not essential right now.

May 1st, May Day.

And let it coincide with a nuclear barrage against China since they have not proven that the Wuhanvirus WAS NOT biowarfare!
That date will be fitting!

You want the world to end on May 1st? Isn't that a bit extreme?

If China was conducting biowarfare, they would not have targeted themselves first, and they would have had a vaccine before releasing it.

Actually we should have never closed down as much as we did and should have enacted social distancing, face masks and maybe just shutting down hot zones.

Rest of the Nation could have kept going while requiring no interstate travel unless it is shipping of goods for sixty days...

Yeah, great idea! My daughter just was transferred from Texas to Virginia. I'm sure the Army would not miss her sitting at my house for two months.

Jesus fucking Christ and people wonder why I use so much profanity at responses like this?

It is a fucking no brainer that Military would be exempted and to act like they would not is just you being your typical asshole self!

I mean do you actually believe I am that stupid enough to say Military should not move and if so just fuck off with that nonsense!

But isn't it also true that those who have not yet gotten COVID-19 either are immune and will never get it, or will get it eventually?
The only way any virus goes away if after enough people get immunity from getting it.
Social distancing can slow the spread so hospitals do not get over loaded, but it won't reduce the final count, I think.
It will buy us time. A vaccine takes about 12 to 18 months to deploy, and it would be good to have as few people die while waiting for that day.
Think Apollo 13. The goal was to scrub the air, to keep the astronauts alive long enough to get back to earth. To conserve enough power for reentry, and to do so using only what they had on board.
Once we have a vaccine, things will be back to normal

Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
So let's sing a song of cheer again
Happy days are here again…

since he oversaw the disbanding of the white house office in charge of that stuff,
Could you give me the address of the White House Global Pandemic Response Team?

I gave a letter to the mailman
He put it in his sack
Bright and early next morning
He brought that letter back
And the writing said
Return to sender, address unknown
And no such number, and no such zone

It is a fucking no brainer that Military would be exempted and to act like they would not is just you being your typical asshole self!

I mean do you actually believe I am that stupid enough to say Military should not move and if so just fuck off with that nonsense!
Pentagon orders 60-day troop freeze | TheHill
thehill.com › policy › defense › 489536-pentagon-orders-60-day-tro...

Mar 25, 2020 - ... troop movement overseas for 60 days to attempt to curb the spread of the coronavirus in the military, the Pentagon announced Wednesday.

What does an extended “Stop Movement” order mean for ...
www.aei.org › foreign-and-defense-policy › what-does-an-extended-s...

1 day ago - All overseas travel and all domestic PCS travel is at a standstill for members of the military until late May.

Pentagon orders 60-day troop freeze | TheHill
thehill.com › policy › defense › 489536-pentagon-orders-60-day-tro...

Mar 25, 2020 - ... troop movement overseas for 60 days to attempt to curb the spread of the coronavirus in the military, the Pentagon announced Wednesday.

1 day ago - All overseas travel and all domestic PCS travel is at a standstill for members of the military until late May.

And yet they will move at notice. Because there is a freeze by the Pentagon does not mean it can not be reversed at any moment.

Jesus fucking Christ and people wonder why I use so much profanity at responses like this?

They have already cancelled the moves, you f-ing dumbass. She already had departed her previous station because she had not taken any leave in about a year. Now don't you feel incredibly stupid? If not, you should!

And yet they will move at notice. Because there is a freeze by the Pentagon does not mean it can not be reversed at any moment.

The commander in chief can countermand any stay in place order.
But there better be a good reason. President Trump ordered ships to redeploy to our southern borders to interdict drug smuggling during the crisis.

since he oversaw the disbanding of the white house office in charge of that stuff,
Could you give me the address of the White House Global Pandemic Response Team?

I gave a letter to the mailman
He put it in his sack
Bright and early next morning
He brought that letter back
And the writing said
Return to sender, address unknown
And no such number, and no such zone

Trump cut back on the NSC by about half. The "office" was folded into the new staff. Learn what is going on before you spread libtard lies.

Open up everything except the largest cities now. Next week open up everything except the hot spot cities. The week after open everything except where new cases are spiking.

That plan effectively says to open places up, until Covid-19 has taken hold, and you have to close them back down again.

In that way you guarantee the coronavirus will always have a "safe haven" in which to grow, and a place from which to spread.
That could be true. It could also be true that due to the very contagious nature of this virus most of us have already been exposed.

The commander in chief can countermand any stay in place order.
But there better be a good reason. President Trump ordered ships to redeploy to our southern borders to interdict drug smuggling during the crisis.

In my daughter's case, these are change of duty stations, not movement of units, although that has been stayed also.

Trump cut back on the NSC by about half. The "office" was folded into the new staff. Learn what is going on before you spread libtard lies.

The story of how Trump disbanded the white house office

And then had to rebuild it, and put Jared Kushner in charge.

Forum List

Back