When thou art converted

Walk on water in front of me and manifest matter out of nothing and I'll believe anything you say. :)

Good point. Peter actually walked on water too. Would you have had any doubts remaining if you had walked on water too? Not a chance?

This suggests that walking on water has nothing whatever to do with H2O......just like the storm that broke out had nothing whatever to do with the weather and feeding the multitude had nothing whatever to do with fish sandwiches.

Last edited:
that thy faith fail not: ... telling Him He wasn't converted.

it implies Peter had not conquered Evil.

I've been thinking about the apostle Peter a bit lately. His life is interesting. He is depicted as an extremely zealous believer. We know from Matthew 16 that He has a testimony that Jesus is the messiah and that he recieved that testimony from the Father. We know he is one of the only people recorded in history to walk on water. We know he went on several missions during the Saviors lifetime which it was said they healed many. We know he was one of the twelve who helped feed 5000.

And yet despite all of this, on the night He was betrayed Christ told Peter:

But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.(Luke 22:32)

Despite everything Peter did during the three years He walked with Christ, despite the mighty miracles, he was Jesus telling Him He wasn't converted.

So what does it take to be converted?

I don't understand how you can believe Peter was not converted.We have many interpretations of that passage.

Jesus was only telling him that he was worried that his faith would fail him. And it happens to so many of us on our journey in life. We are not perfect souls.

:lol:

I can attest to that. We fail our faith so many times. As did Peter.

Why would Jesus be worried about Peter's faith failing? Wasn't it all part of the plan? Didn't God/Jesus already know the outcome, so why worry?

Forum List

Back