When tolerance is tested

A true test of tolerance comes when the LGBT community has someone within that community who is a Republican. What some of them seem to forget is that they are fighting for the same rights, but from the other side of the aisle. It's one thing to say "you're wrong, and here's why" whilst laying out a principled argument, it is another to completely marginalize and vilify them for supporting someone you deem as a "threat" to your rights.

Hmph, at least try to be objective. Don't just play the part, just freaking do it. It's not hard. I'm a Christian with gay friends, is being gay against my faith? Well, yes, it is, but am I going to shove that down someone else's throat? No, a friend is a friend no matter who they choose to go to bed with. Being heterosexual, it's quite frankly none of my concern. God made us all.

I just wish sometimes the LGBT community wouldn't let it's fringe elements define who they are. Because there are some truly fine people out there who are gay. It's good to fight for your rights, but it's wrong to fight each other. If you want to be tolerated or better yet accepted in society, start by practicing those things amongst yourselves. All the hatred that gay people deal with, they shouldn't be directing it against one another.

But who am I to lecture? I'll leave this to you to ponder in the days leading up to Thanksgiving Holiday. Yes, THANKSGIVING. Christmas is a month and half away. Sheesh.

Later...

The LGBT community doesn't let the fringe elements define who they are. People like you use the fringe elements to define the LGBT community,

in order to rationalize your own hatred and bigotry.

Lesbians and gays have always been on the fringe. That has nothing to do with hatred and bigotry. It actually is antithetical to Darwinism and natural selection. Of course I do have problems with the lack of transitional fossils in stratum but thats another topic.

No, there is nothing 'antithetical' to Darwinism and natural selection that a certain small percentage of a population of animals, including the human animal, might not in fact reproduce. Where did you get that cockeyed idea? Jeezus!

A true test of tolerance comes when the LGBT community has someone within that community who is a Republican. What some of them seem to forget is that they are fighting for the same rights, but from the other side of the aisle. It's one thing to say "you're wrong, and here's why" whilst laying out a principled argument, it is another to completely marginalize and vilify them for supporting someone you deem as a "threat" to your rights.

Hmph, at least try to be objective. Don't just play the part, just freaking do it. It's not hard. I'm a Christian with gay friends, is being gay against my faith? Well, yes, it is, but am I going to shove that down someone else's throat? No, a friend is a friend no matter who they choose to go to bed with. Being heterosexual, it's quite frankly none of my concern. God made us all.

I just wish sometimes the LGBT community wouldn't let it's fringe elements define who they are. Because there are some truly fine people out there who are gay. It's good to fight for your rights, but it's wrong to fight each other. If you want to be tolerated or better yet accepted in society, start by practicing those things amongst yourselves. All the hatred that gay people deal with, they shouldn't be directing it against one another.

But who am I to lecture? I'll leave this to you to ponder in the days leading up to Thanksgiving Holiday. Yes, THANKSGIVING. Christmas is a month and half away. Sheesh.

Later...

The LGBT community doesn't let the fringe elements define who they are. People like you use the fringe elements to define the LGBT community,

Lesbians and gays have always been on the fringe. That has nothing to do with hatred and bigotry. It actually is antithetical to Darwinism and natural selection. Of course I do have problems with the lack of transitional fossils in stratum but thats another topic.

How can you say homosexuality is antithetical to Darwinism when entire species of animals can change their gender when necessary?

You're all over the place? What does one have to do with the other?

No, I'm not.

When anyone expresses a contrary opinion against homosexuality, it is most often the fringe element that responds er, retaliates. However, when radical Islamic terrorists execute homosexuals and there are actual theocracies out in the middle east who make homosexuality a punishable offense, it seems as if they are nowhere to be found.

Name ANYONE of consequence in the American LGBT rights movement that endorse any practice anywhere of killing homosexuals because they're homosexual.

I, on the other hand, can name American conservativism's latest hero of the day, Roy Moore, as someone who endorses the imprisonment of American homosexuals.

Where's your condemnation of him, since you believe that being 'nowhere to be found' on an issue constitutes some sort of endorsement?

Later...

How can you say homosexuality is antithetical to Darwinism when entire species of animals can change their gender when necessary?

Is not a species one purpose but to replicate itself? Why would a species choose to remove itself?

Later...

No, there is nothing 'antithetical' to Darwinism and natural selection that a certain small percentage of a population of animals, including the human animal, might not in fact reproduce. Where did you get that cockeyed idea? Jeezus!

If a species doesn't reproduce, it becomes extinct. Your argument is flawed.

Later...

Is not a species one purpose but to replicate itself? Why would a species choose to remove itself?

If homosexuality were the predominant sexuality you'd have a point and an argument. It's not so you don't.

Later...

If homosexuality were the predominant sexuality you'd have a point and an argument. It's not so you don't.

Species don't experiment with removing themselves from the gene pool. They are either asexual or sexual. That has nothing to do with being gay or lesbian.

Later...

1. It's reasonable to assume that humans have had a homosexual population within the species for thousands of years. How near extinction are we?

2. Are you arguing that heterosexuals who choose not to reproduce should be relegated to a legal status of second class citizens, and socially ostracized in one way or another as 'abnormal'?

Later...

1. It's reasonable to assume that humans have had a homosexual population within the species for thousands of years. How near extinction are we?

2. Are you arguing that heterosexuals who choose not to reproduce should be relegated to a legal status of second class citizens, and socially ostracized in one way or another as 'abnormal'?

It is abnormal behavior in a psychological context since humans produce offspring through the conception, egg and sperm.

Later...

This is a tolerant liberal. Lol

Species don't experiment with removing themselves from the gene pool. They are either asexual or sexual. That has nothing to do with being gay or lesbian.

Then why make it about gay or lesbian when it comes to marriage equality?

It is abnormal behavior in a psychological context since humans produce offspring through the conception, egg and sperm.

So priests and nuns are engaging in an abnormal behavior that 'decent' society should condemn...???

Interesting. Carbine doesn't have the guts to answer any of my questions. She responds with insults instead. First, I'm a bigot, next I'm a Junior RWnut.

But what I'd really like to know is how I'm being bigoted?
I know, being gay is wrong. The way I see it, hate the sin not the sinner. I really don't care what they do, but it seems like they want me to care.

Later...

This is a tolerant liberal. Lol

If you think that tolerance should include tolerance of bigotry then you're more fucked up than most of us probably thought.

Interesting. Carbine doesn't have the guts to answer any of my questions. She responds with insults instead. First, I'm a bigot, next I'm a Junior RWnut.

But what I'd really like to know is how I'm being bigoted?
I know, being gay is wrong. The way I see it, hate the sin not the sinner. I really don't care what they do, but it seems like they want me to care.

What's the sin of gay marriage?

Then why make it about gay or lesbian when it comes to marriage equality?

Ok. So lets venture off on this. If two of the same gender cant perpetuate the species, what is there purpose?

Excuse me? How am I being a bigot? Want to explain that to me? Don't you even know what bigotry is? Or do you simply like hurling that invective at me like a ninja with his shuriken?

By the way, thanks for making my point. Stop acting like you own these people, they are free to have their own opinions, even if they differ from the far leftist views you espouse.

Tell me, who is the bigot here? Tis not I.
The LGBT community isn’t ‘allowing’ its ‘fringe community’ to define who they are – you’re attempting to define the LGBT community with baseless stereotypes and hasty generalization fallacies, which manifests as bigotry on your part.

And Trump is in fact a threat to the rights and protected liberties of gay and transgender Americans – quotation marks omitted, make no mistake about it.
How far are you going to go with this? Read an article earlier about a woman with perfect eyesight. Poured drain cleaner in her eyes, because she thought herself as a blind person. How far are you gonna let this crap go, before you get these people help?

Excuse me? How am I being a bigot? Want to explain that to me? Don't you even know what bigotry is? Or do you simply like hurling that invective at me like a ninja with his shuriken?

By the way, thanks for making my point. Stop acting like you own these people, they are free to have their own opinions, even if they differ from the far leftist views you espouse.

Forget about him. He';s just another lib troll. It's all he does is troll shit. When I worked at the prison I had 2 decent friends that were gay. I don't think it's normal but if you just accepted them, they were ok.

The LGBT community isn’t ‘allowing’ its ‘fringe community’ to define who they are – you’re attempting to define the LGBT community with baseless stereotypes and hasty generalization fallacies, which manifests as bigotry on your part.

And Trump is in fact a threat to the rights and protected liberties of gay and transgender Americans – quotation marks omitted, make no mistake about it.
How far are you going to go with this? Read an article earlier about a woman with perfect eyesight. Poured drain cleaner in her eyes, because she thought herself as a blind person. How far are you gonna let this crap go, before you get these people help?

How many strawmen do you need to attempt to participate in this debate?

lol

The op hates freedom and wants to paint millions of people as undeserving of freedom and rights. Sick.

Business+propriu.png

I hate freedom? Explain how. Did anyone read the post or did they just cherrypick it?

Aaaaand this is why I don't post here more often than I do...
You voted for Trump, who made clear his hatred of immigrants and Muslims, who promised to appoint justices to the Supreme Court hostile to the equal protection rights of gay Americans and the privacy rights of women – clearly you wouldn’t have voted for someone unless you agreed with and supported his hateful agenda hostile to the freedom of all the American people.
You could care less about the privacy rights of women. You want to put men in there restrooms and locker rooms.

Forum List

Back