🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

When Were Universities Granted the Authority to Become a Judical Branch in Criminal Cases?

I missed that one. If you rape someone at your work your work does not hold a trial. You call the cops, who then present it to the DA who then takes you to court where Constitutional procedures are followed.

Fortunately Devos is eliminating the insanity.

Here Is Every Crazy Title IX Rape Case Betsy DeVos Referenced, Plus a Bunch More
this started under Obama, or just before him, but went unchecked by him.

a 'female' can accuse any male of rape, for any reason, the more absurd the better. But if there is ZERO evidence, she can demand the school do something, so to cater to this utter nonsense, honest law abiding men are put through the ringer where they are guilty of being a man, and 'convicted' before the 'trial' even starts.

they keep this up, no man will want to be a leftists for fear of being arrested for looking at a chicks ass.

I missed that one. If you rape someone at your work your work does not hold a trial. You call the cops, who then present it to the DA who then takes you to court where Constitutional procedures are followed.

Here Is Every Crazy Title IX Rape Case Betsy DeVos Referenced, Plus a Bunch More

a 'female' can accuse any male of rape, for any reason, the more absurd the better. But if there is ZERO evidence, she can demand the school do something, so to cater to this utter nonsense, honest law abiding men are put through the ringer where they are guilty of being a man, and 'convicted' before the 'trial' even starts.

they keep this up, no man will want to be a leftists for fear of being arrested for looking at a chicks ass.

I agree criminal courts should handle sexual battery; note however, a man can accuse a woman of the same offense. Grabbing his genitals without his consent for example.

I promise you, if you rape your coworker, or even get accused of raping your coworker, you WILL get fired.

Pretty much the same thing here. You act badly on campus, you get expelled.

The real problem is exactly the opposite of what De Vos thinks it is. It isn't that universities are being too hard core prosecuting rapists, it's that htey are as much as possible, sweeping these incidents under the rug.

NObody wants to send their daughter to Rape U.

I promise you, if you rape your coworker, or even get accused of raping your coworker, you WILL get fired.

The real problem is exactly the opposite of what De Vos thinks it is. It isn't that universities are being too hard core prosecuting rapists, it's that htey are as much as possible, sweeping these incidents under the rug.

You're an idiot. You don't get to fire someone or remove them from school without evidence and a proper investigation and trial. It's the law you moron. Your fucking daughter doesn't get to ruin the life of someone on hearsay and bullshit charges because she sucked a dick and felt bad about it. And if she is proven to have falsely accused someone she needs to be exposed as the fraud and expelled and her life should be ruined. Rape isn't a one sided joke.

There are other differences as well. In university you receive rape charges even if you did no such thing. It's the punishment for being a white male.

I agree criminal courts should handle sexual battery; note however, a man can accuse a woman of the same offense. Grabbing his genitals without his consent for example.
wrong

he will be told to 'man up' and stop being such a pussy.

A public university is not a private business. They should be letting the courts handle such cases, and not impose penalties based on their own Kangaroo court legal process.

You're an idiot. You don't get to fire someone or remove them from school without evidence and a proper investigation and trial.

Since when? We live in a world of "At Will" employment. If you aren't lucky enough to belong to a union, you can get fired for looking at the boss funny one morning.

It's the law you moron. Your fucking daughter doesn't get to ruin the life of someone on hearsay and bullshit charges because she sucked a dick and felt bad about it.

First, these universities aren't really taking this issue seriously. For instance, Ken Starr used to run Baylor University after he was done investigating the Clintons, and he swept lots of credible accusations of rape and sexual assault under the rug.

And if she is proven to have falsely accused someone she needs to be exposed as the fraud and expelled and her life should be ruined. Rape isn't a one sided joke.

If it was proven that the charges were completely false, she should be expelled. But again, there are more cases of guys who get away with it than guys who are expelled for false charges.

The real problem is, the Universities don't report these things to the police and they don't make a big deal about it.

A public university is not a private business. They should be letting the courts handle such cases, and not impose penalties based on their own Kangaroo court legal process.

Here's the problem with that theory.

Let's say that Little Timmy rapes a co-ed at a frat party and for whatever reason, the local courts refuse to prosecute.

Then little Timmy goes to another frat party and rapes another girl.

Well, the family of that other girl have a GREAT Civil case against the university. They knew Timmy was a sexual predator, and they let him stay on campus anyway.

So you are for firing people based upon a kangaroo court with no Constitutional rights?

Yep, you lefties are fascists.

Here's the problem with that theory.

Let's say that Little Timmy rapes a co-ed at a frat party and for whatever reason, the local courts refuse to prosecute.

Then little Timmy goes to another frat party and rapes another girl.

Well, the family of that other girl have a GREAT Civil case against the university. They knew Timmy was a sexual predator, and they let him stay on campus anyway.
They didn't know he was a sexual predator. He wasn't convicted. Your theory is bullshit.

What's really funny is that turds like you think sanctuary cities aren't liable when some piece of shit they protected kills innocent American citizens.

Does Kate Steinly ring a bell?

Last edited:

You're an idiot. You don't get to fire someone or remove them from school without evidence and a proper investigation and trial. It's the law you moron. Your fucking daughter doesn't get to ruin the life of someone on hearsay and bullshit charges because she sucked a dick and felt bad about it. And if she is proven to have falsely accused someone she needs to be exposed as the fraud and expelled and her life should be ruined. Rape isn't a one sided joke.

It is happening in professional sports and other private business. They can fire you for misconduct, violating conduct codes etc and no crime charges or police involvement.

I will agree though that the current situation concerning sexual assault on campus is too one sided, and does not give the accused enough protections and rights. I think the universities can handle it internally without the sort of draconian measures suggested by deVoss that has the potential of attacking the victim and inhibiting reporting.

It is happening in professional sports and other private business. They can fire you for misconduct, violating conduct codes etc and no crime charges or police involvement.

I will agree though that the current situation concerning sexual assault on campus is too one sided, and does not give the accused enough protections and rights. I think the universities can handle it internally without the sort of draconian measures suggested by deVoss that has the potential of attacking the victim and inhibiting reporting.
Accusing someone of rape isn't misconduct and it better be treated with more care than some half ass university student council. If you want rape to be handled by a school as a disciplinary action fine. Take it off the books as a crime. The law prosecutes crimes not you.

The universities have already proven they can't handle it on their own.

It is crazy. Some schools don't want cases being handled the legal way that respects the rights of all. There is so much inconsistency in the way these cases are handled. Some automatically believe the woman, or in one case refused to believe either the man or woman and opted to believe some witness. Others protect athletes or other men over the victims.

All of these cases need to be handled by police and not some kangaroo court at the colleges. I think in some cases, the colleges simply want to control the outcome by handling it themselves, which is a gross violation of rights.

They might feel that our system won't work due to lack of evidence, which often happens. DAs don't want to go into court with a he said/she said type of thing. There must be evidence to convict.

Sans any evidence, not much can be done. Some want action taken by schools based solely on the word of the victim. While many actual victims will not get justice due to the fact that they waiting too long or there is no evidence of assault, there are those who falsely cry rape to get even with someone or because they regretted the act.

Everyone has a right to a fair trial before being punished, at least that is what we strive for in our justice system. To have schools dole out punishment in the absence of proof or declare someone not guilty without proper investigation is wrong. We can't always take someone's word for something because it may unfairly violate the rights of those accused.

On the other hand, seeing a rapist protected because he is an asset to the school is outrageous.

That's why we need to call the cops and hope the system works as it should.

Last edited:

It is crazy. Some schools don't want cases being handled the legal way that respects the rights of all. There is so much inconsistency in the way these cases are handled. Some automatically believe the woman, or in one case refused to believe either the man or woman and opted to believe some witness. Others protect athletes or other men over the victims.

All of these cases need to be handled by police and not some kangaroo court at the colleges. I think in some cases, the colleges simply want to control the outcome by handling it themselves, which is a gross violation of rights.

They might feel that our system won't work due to lack of evidence, which often happens. DAs don't want to go into court with a he said/she said type of thing. There must be evidence to convict.

Sans any evidence, not much can be done. Some want action taken by schools based solely on the word of the victim. While many actual victims will not get justice due to the fact that they waiting too long or there is no evidence of assault, there are those who falsely cry rape to get even with someone or because they regretted the act.

Everyone has a right to a fair trial before being punished, at least that is what we strive for in our justice system. To have schools dole out punishment in the absence of proof is wrong. We can't always take someone's word for something because it may unfairly violate the rights of those accused.

On the other hand, seeing a rapist protected because he is an asset to the school is outrageous.

Why the Trump Administration Is Rewriting Campus Sexual Assault Rules: 5 Men Who Were Falsely Convicted

"One university leader was rightly appalled when he was asked by an Office for Civil Rights official: 'Why do you care about the rights of the accused?'" – Betsy DeVos

One of the many disasters the Obama Administration put in place was a reinterpretation of Title IX that led to colleges setting up kangaroo courts that were heavily stacked against men in rape cases. Men were not given due process; the standard of guilt was changed from beyond a shadow of a doubt to “a preponderance of the evidence;” men were denied meaningful counsel; men were not allowed access to information gathered by the college proving their guilt and allowing men to cross-examine their accusers was discouraged. In other words, if you’re a man charged with rape on a college campus, you’re essentially guilty until proven innocent by a hostile system.

Unsurprisingly, this system has produced a significant number of false convictions. Now, some people might say that’s impossible because “women never lie about rape.” Of course, many women would never lie about rape, but A LOT of women HAVE lied about rape. Tawana Brawley, Emma Sulkowicz (Mattress Girl), the Jackie Coakley Rolling Stone case and the Duke Lacrosse case are some of the most famous examples, but depending on the numbers you believe, it can be quite common,

According to the FBI, a higher percentage of rape claims are false than any other criminal complaint - 8 percent compared to 2 percent for other crimes. More detailed studies have found much higher rates of false rape charges. A study of all rape allegations in a midwestern city over nine years found 41 percent were false and a study of more than a thousand rape allegations on Air Force bases over the course of four years concluded that 46 percent were false. In 27 percent of the cases, the accuser recanted.

So you are for firing people based upon a kangaroo court with no Constitutional rights?

Yep, you lefties are fascists.

Hey, Buddy, At Will Employment. You can get fired if the boss looks at you funny.

And you know what, you sign up for that when you agree to take their money.

Now, if you want to make it such that firing people without cause becomes really difficult, we have something for that. They are called "Unions". You know, those things guys on your side are trying to get rid of for the mortal fear that someone might still be pulling down a middle class wage somewhere.

Now, that said, no university is expelling a student unless they are on some pretty firm ground. After all, he could sue.

The reality is, 80% of campus rape goes unreported. Of the 20% that are reported, very few of them get prosecuted. Less than 3% of all rapists end up even spending a DAY in prison.

They didn't know he was a sexual predator. He wasn't convicted. Your theory is bullshit.

again, if they had a report on him for a previous incident, and they did nothing, then, yes, yes, they did know they had a sexual predator on campus and did nothing.

Michigan State sued over sexual assault claims

A Michigan State University student allegedly sexually assaulted one student, then another two years later, according to a federal lawsuit filed Wednesday that alleges the school delayed investigating the cases.

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan, details the steps taken by four students who filed formal complaints with the university, and outlines alleged failures on behalf of MSU, including the lengthy time it took to investigate complaints.

It was filed by students Emily Kollaritsch, Shayna Gross and students identified only as Jane Roe 1 and Jane Roe 2. Named as defendants are MSU President Lou Anna Simon, Vice President for Student Affairs Denise Maybank, the Board of Trustees and Kappa Sigma fraternity.

Under federal guidelines, it should take colleges and universities 60 days to investigate campus sexual misconduct complaints, Salvatore said, but MSU often took seven months or more.

Forum List

Back