🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

When Were Universities Granted the Authority to Become a Judical Branch in Criminal Cases?

I promise you, if you rape your coworker, or even get accused of raping your coworker, you WILL get fired.

Pretty much the same thing here. You act badly on campus, you get expelled.

The real problem is exactly the opposite of what De Vos thinks it is. It isn't that universities are being too hard core prosecuting rapists, it's that htey are as much as possible, sweeping these incidents under the rug.

NObody wants to send their daughter to Rape U.
You're an idiot. You don't get to fire someone or remove them from school without evidence and a proper investigation and trial. It's the law you moron. Your fucking daughter doesn't get to ruin the life of someone on hearsay and bullshit charges because she sucked a dick and felt bad about it. And if she is proven to have falsely accused someone she needs to be exposed as the fraud and expelled and her life should be ruined. Rape isn't a one sided joke.

It is happening in professional sports and other private business. They can fire you for misconduct, violating conduct codes etc and no crime charges or police involvement.

I will agree though that the current situation concerning sexual assault on campus is too one sided, and does not give the accused enough protections and rights. I think the universities can handle it internally without the sort of draconian measures suggested by deVoss that has the potential of attacking the victim and inhibiting reporting.
Accusing someone of rape isn't misconduct and it better be treated with more care than some half ass university student council. If you want rape to be handled by a school as a disciplinary action fine. Take it off the books as a crime. The law prosecutes crimes not you.
Actually the university, and for that matter any school or institution or business or even pro sports team has their own internal guidelines for handling disciplinary actions if a crime has been committed or alleged even.

That doesn't alter the fact it is also a crime and can also be handled by the police.
And none of them are above the law. They can and do get sued for falsely punishing someone.

Yes, they can - remember Tawana Brawley?

On the other hand they DO have an obligation to create a safe environment for their student and to impose codes of conduct and handle disciplinary matters internally. If a crime is committed I might add - the victim always has recourse to the police.

ROFL! There's your "guilty until proven innocent" theory again. You are such a fucking Nazi.

Again, the university isn't a right. They have the prerogative to throw someone out if they think that person is a threat to their students.

Not without due process, they don't.

He is the victim of exactly the same kind of thing.

you mean the part where he was caught on tape ADMITTING that he had sexually assaulted women?

He admitted no such thing, cockroach. Every accusation that he harassed or assaulted someone turned out to be false. That's exactly why we don't allow snowflakes in the university governing bodies determine the guilt of anyone accused of a crime. They always put political considerations ahead of the rules of justice.

Not necessarily.

For instance they can get thrown out for cheating.

Somebody reviewed their case and threw their asses out. Due process.

He admitted no such thing, cockroach. Every accusation that he harassed or assaulted someone turned out to be false. That's exactly why we don't allow snowflakes in the university governing bodies determine the guilt of anyone accused of a crime. They always put political considerations ahead of the rules of justice.

Wow, sounds like he pretty much admits it in this tape to me.

point is, Universities will keep throwing out the drunken frat boys because they can't afford to keep them.

You're an idiot. You don't get to fire someone or remove them from school without evidence and a proper investigation and trial. It's the law you moron. Your fucking daughter doesn't get to ruin the life of someone on hearsay and bullshit charges because she sucked a dick and felt bad about it. And if she is proven to have falsely accused someone she needs to be exposed as the fraud and expelled and her life should be ruined. Rape isn't a one sided joke.

It is happening in professional sports and other private business. They can fire you for misconduct, violating conduct codes etc and no crime charges or police involvement.

I will agree though that the current situation concerning sexual assault on campus is too one sided, and does not give the accused enough protections and rights. I think the universities can handle it internally without the sort of draconian measures suggested by deVoss that has the potential of attacking the victim and inhibiting reporting.
Accusing someone of rape isn't misconduct and it better be treated with more care than some half ass university student council. If you want rape to be handled by a school as a disciplinary action fine. Take it off the books as a crime. The law prosecutes crimes not you.
Actually the university, and for that matter any school or institution or business or even pro sports team has their own internal guidelines for handling disciplinary actions if a crime has been committed or alleged even.

That doesn't alter the fact it is also a crime and can also be handled by the police.
And none of them are above the law. They can and do get sued for falsely punishing someone.

On the other hand they DO have an obligation to create a safe environment for their student and to impose codes of conduct and handle disciplinary matters internally. If a crime is committed I might add - the victim always has recourse to the police.
A rape is not a "disciplinary matter." It's a crime. The victim may have recourse to the police, but does the unjustly accused? No.

Somebody reviewed their case and threw their asses out. Due process.

Wow, sounds like he pretty much admits it in this tape to me.

point is, Universities will keep throwing out the drunken frat boys because they can't afford to keep them.

That isn't due process, cockroach, and he did not admit to sexual assault. You obviously don't know what that is. According to you, a guy feeling up his girlfriend at a movie is sexual assault.

ROFL! There's your "guilty until proven innocent" theory again. You are such a fucking Nazi.

Again, the university isn't a right. They have the prerogative to throw someone out if they think that person is a threat to their students.

you mean the part where he was caught on tape ADMITTING that he had sexually assaulted women?

Not necessarily.

Perhaps, but the worst punishment I've heard about is getting an 'F' in the class. Cheating is against the university rules but it's not a crime. Having a criminal accusation on your record is a whole nother ball park.

Not necessarily.

Perhaps, but the worst punishment I've heard about is getting an 'F' in the class. Cheating is against the university rules but it's not a crime. Having a criminal accusation on your record is a whole nother ball park.

The only way they should have a criminal accusation on thier record is if it went through a criminal process - so I DO see the problem in that. It's tilted to far to one side. I think that it's perhaps better to handle it in two ways: first, internally with internal punishments but no criminal record. If it is of sufficient seriousness to be a crime - it should be handled internally and then sent forward to the police.

A rape is not a "disciplinary matter." It's a crime. The victim may have recourse to the police, but does the unjustly accused? No.

Sexual assault or sexual harrassment span a wide array of actions that aren't necessarily crimes right?

The unjustly accused have recourse to the courts.

Nope, if they fucked up and acted inappropriately and violated the school's code of conduct, they are shit out of luck.

Sexual assault or sexual harrassment span a wide array of actions that aren't necessarily crimes right?

The unjustly accused have recourse to the courts.
No, actually, they don't, unless we're talking about an employee situation.

The unjustly accused do not have acces to the courts, exept to file a lawsuit, which is a horrendously expensive and ardous process.

I do remember her. She never spent a day in prison or paid out a single dollar much like her pimp Sharpton. So your point was what?

Nope, if they fucked up and acted inappropriately and violated the school's code of conduct, they are shit out of luck.
So the schools rules of conduct aren't don't do anything illegal it's don't be accused of doing something illegal or the punishment will be the same. Do you not hear how stupid that is?

The unjustly accused do not have acces to the courts, exept to file a lawsuit, which is a horrendously expensive and ardous process.

Boo-fucking hoo.

Or they can grow up and get on with their lives. They get thrown off one campus, enroll in another, don't join any frats and don't go to any parties for 4 years. Easy-peasy.

So the schools rules of conduct aren't don't do anything illegal it's don't be accused of doing something illegal or the punishment will be the same. Do you not hear how stupid that is?

Again, there are 100 rapes that never get reported on campus for every "false" rape allegation. The problem is, we report the exception, not the rule. Dog Bites Man isn't a story, Man Bites Dog is.

I have no problem with a strict code of conduct, if it gets rid of the rape culture of entitled frat boys.

Boo-fucking hoo.

Or they can grow up and get on with their lives. They get thrown off one campus, enroll in another, don't join any frats and don't go to any parties for 4 years. Easy-peasy.
Good lord you're an idiot.

I missed that one. If you rape someone at your work your work does not hold a trial. You call the cops, who then present it to the DA who then takes you to court where Constitutional procedures are followed.

Fortunately Devos is eliminating the insanity.

Here Is Every Crazy Title IX Rape Case Betsy DeVos Referenced, Plus a Bunch More
this started under Obama, or just before him, but went unchecked by him.

a 'female' can accuse any male of rape, for any reason, the more absurd the better. But if there is ZERO evidence, she can demand the school do something, so to cater to this utter nonsense, honest law abiding men are put through the ringer where they are guilty of being a man, and 'convicted' before the 'trial' even starts.

they keep this up, no man will want to be a leftists for fear of being arrested for looking at a chicks ass.

I agree criminal courts should handle sexual battery; note however, a man can accuse a woman of the same offense. Grabbing his genitals without his consent for example.

And he will be laughed out of school.

I missed that one. If you rape someone at your work your work does not hold a trial. You call the cops, who then present it to the DA who then takes you to court where Constitutional procedures are followed.

Fortunately Devos is eliminating the insanity.

Here Is Every Crazy Title IX Rape Case Betsy DeVos Referenced, Plus a Bunch More

I promise you, if you rape your coworker, or even get accused of raping your coworker, you WILL get fired.

Pretty much the same thing here. You act badly on campus, you get expelled.

The real problem is exactly the opposite of what De Vos thinks it is. It isn't that universities are being too hard core prosecuting rapists, it's that htey are as much as possible, sweeping these incidents under the rug.

NObody wants to send their daughter to Rape U.

Yeah, I've noticed the dramatic decline in female college students.

Yer a right fucking genius, Stalin.

A public university is not a private business. They should be letting the courts handle such cases, and not impose penalties based on their own Kangaroo court legal process.

Here's the problem with that theory.

Let's say that Little Timmy rapes a co-ed at a frat party and for whatever reason, the local courts refuse to prosecute.

Then little Timmy goes to another frat party and rapes another girl.

Well, the family of that other girl have a GREAT Civil case against the university. They knew Timmy was a sexual predator, and they let him stay on campus anyway.

Or better yet, let's say little Timmy attends a frat party and for whatever reason a girl really doesn't like him. So she cries "rape" a few weeks later. No witness, no evidence, nothing to suggest sex even took place, much less rape. So law enforcement does touch it, since it would violate the civil rights of the accused. But since Timmy has a penis, the school declares him guilty regardless of no evidence of a crime, much less of his guilt. Unless Timmy is black, then he will not be touched.

This is the world of you Communists.

Forum List

Back