When will Bernie Sanders drop out of the race?

Sanders will destroy Biden if they debate.
He has had 3 chances....

Not like this one.

JO
True. But he's not going to win the nomination. So the classy thing would be to find some common ground, at least for some of the debate, and state where they agree on what should be done.

But I don't think Bernie has the maturity for that. We will see.

I think Bernie will do to Biden what he did to Hillary.

Jo

voters will not be swayed by the "Bernie is more electable" argument, no matter how heartfelt it is.

What happens if Joe strokes out or goes to a nursing home before the election? Would Bernie then be the Democrat winner? One candidate doesn't want to win, and the other has serious mental deterioration. Since Bernie is just in it for the cash, would he even accept the nomination?

Biden has my vote - even if he's in a vegetative state on November 3rd. Go Joe!

Figures that you would want a vegetable for president.

That's called "four more years".

Sorry, Hillary didn't get the first four.

What happens if Joe strokes out or goes to a nursing home before the election? Would Bernie then be the Democrat winner? One candidate doesn't want to win, and the other has serious mental deterioration. Since Bernie is just in it for the cash, would he even accept the nomination?

Biden has my vote - even if he's in a vegetative state on November 3rd. Go Joe!

Figures that you would want a vegetable for president.

That's called "four more years".

Sorry, Hillary didn't get the first four.

6a0154340b4e79970c014e8affae43970d-500wi

The rest of the post that you cut out pointed out that by running a national campaign those ideas get ATTENTION.
You assume too much. I am not suggesting he not run. I am glad he ran, same as you. Now it is time for him to stop running.

So, ultimately, the needs of the party outweigh the value of ideas. Interesting. Spout your ideas only until the party needs you to shut up. Is that about the size of it?

In 2016, he refused to drop out till after the convention

Will he show some class and drop out now that he has no chance?
At the convention
And weirdly Biden is encouraging this. Biden is light on specifics - to put it kindly to the elderly gentleman, but until he really as policy positions on issues of interest to Bernies 40 and under voters, Bernie will keep pushing. And at some point Bernie would seem to need to be at "well that's good enough." That is if the party will be one big happy dysfunctional family.

At the convention
And weirdly Biden is encouraging this. Biden is light on specifics - to put it kindly to the elderly gentleman, but until he really as policy positions on issues of interest to Bernies 40 and under voters, Bernie will keep pushing. And at some point Bernie would seem to need to be at "well that's good enough." That is if the party will be one big happy dysfunctional family.

Let me say this about that. Bernie is in until the end in my view. Also I think that in this election Biden can be as vague as possible. There are few undecideds to win over so why risk alienating those in the middle by tossing out reparations or Medicare for all to the left? If I am Biden, I think you do this.

remind Bernie supporters of what happened in 2016 when they stayed home.

count on many of them showing up in 2020 because of it

At the convention

Let me say this about that. Bernie is in until the end in my view. Also I think that in this election Biden can be as vague as possible. There are few undecideds to win over so why risk alienating those in the middle by tossing out reparations or Medicare for all to the left? If I am Biden, I think you do this.

I agree. Mrs Dog and I were sort of talking about that last night. I think Biden needs some plan to help out kids with tuition. I'm flat out saying there are kids who got degrees for jobs who managed their debt, even if it took them two years to delcare a major. Just as I and Mrs Dog did eons ago. But free? I won't vote for that. I'm all for letting kids work off loans. I'm all for loans so long as the kid shows they completed the just past semester being full time and getting a 2.5min gpa. And down here, a kid can do his/her first two years in three years at a community college and just about work full time. I did that. Sort of. I worked full time and lived with ten other guys in a huge caving in house. LOL I realize there are no full time jobs in college towns, but their are colleges in major cities where there are jobs.

I'm fine if Biden says Obamacare should have a public option to let people buy into medicare if they want. That's what Krugman proposed. If that's not left enough for the Bernie Bros, let em stand in line for a broken down bus.

At the convention

I agree. Mrs Dog and I were sort of talking about that last night. I think Biden needs some plan to help out kids with tuition. I'm flat out saying there are kids who got degrees for jobs who managed their debt, even if it took them two years to delcare a major. Just as I and Mrs Dog did eons ago. But free? I won't vote for that. I'm all for letting kids work off loans. I'm all for loans so long as the kid shows they completed the just past semester being full time and getting a 2.5min gpa. And down here, a kid can do his/her first two years in three years at a community college and just about work full time. I did that. Sort of. I worked full time and lived with ten other guys in a huge caving in house. LOL I realize there are no full time jobs in college towns, but their are colleges in major cities where there are jobs.

I'm fine if Biden says Obamacare should have a public option to let people buy into medicare if they want. That's what Krugman proposed. If that's not left enough for the Bernie Bros, let em stand in line for a broken down bus.

Mine is this. Suggest a true revolution. It’s a Cliff Notes version but here it is.

Pay for College like we pay for Social Security but in reverse. You get college up front but pay each paycheck deducted like SS.

Forum List

Back