When will it stop?

How do you stop societal decay? Because that’s the problem

that is true in some sense, but in the case of a lot of these vets, I think many of them are suffering from frustration of not recieving services, benefits, they have injuries, a lot of them maybe head and brain injury from IED's etc..
They really are more forgotten and alone I think, except for around election time.

Another example of the "care" given to our veterans by the gov't that promised to take care of them:

My ex-father-in-law is dying. He has had 4 doctors sign affidavits that most of his health problems stem from exposure to Agent Orange. From the beginning of its use, the VA has denied claims that it caused the horrific health problems it was associated with. As of 1993, only 486 claims to the VA were approved, despite having almost 40,000 soldiers filing for disability because of the health problems they were having. My -ex-father-in-law received compensation from the VA last spring. Somewhere around $50k. He has been fighting the health problems since shortly after returning from Vietnam.

Our leaders love photo-ops with our members of the military. They love to thank them for their service. But when it comes to keeping their promises to them....well.....money is tight, you know?

Update: After 25 years of serious health problems related to his exposure to Agent Orange, my ex-father-in-law received a settlement from the VA last spring. He died last week. The last 2 decades of his life were spent fighting to live and fighting the bureaucracy that promised to help him. R.I.P. Wade.

Forum List

Back