When will Judge Merrick Garland receive a Senate hearing? He waited 293 days.

586bf2411500002c00916f15.jpeg

Merrick Garland waited 293 days.

His nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court, which sat gathering dust in the Senate for that long, expired at noon Tuesday — just as the 115th Congress was sworn in on the first day of its legislative session.

More: Merrick Garland's Supreme Court Nomination Just Died With The Old Congress

History will record this poorly for Republican obstruction in fulfilling Constitutional obligations.

Records shows that there was no justice appointed in the last year of presidency.

Cry me a river.

His nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court, which sat gathering dust in the Senate for that long, expired at noon Tuesday — just as the 115th Congress was sworn in on the first day of its legislative session.

More: Merrick Garland's Supreme Court Nomination Just Died With The Old Congress

History will record this poorly for Republican obstruction in fulfilling Constitutional obligations.

Records shows that there was no justice appointed in the last year of presidency.

Cry me a river.

Do you mean during Obama's presidency - or throughout history?

Cry me a river.

LEGALLY speaking...NUCLEAR OPTION...Thank you, Harry Reid.

Cry me a river.

Modern history, let's say since Nixon nobody did it.

Cry me a river.

Duh, it depends on when there becomes a Supreme Court vacancy.

Do presidents stop nominating judges in final year?

One-third of all U.S. presidents appointed a Supreme Court justice in an election year

Supreme Court vacancies in presidential election years - SCOTUSblog

At least 14 Supreme Court justices have been confirmed during election years

In the last 80 years, no president made a supreme Court nomination in the presidential election year.

Cry me a river.

Duh, it depends on when there becomes a Supreme Court vacancy.

Do presidents stop nominating judges in final year?

One-third of all U.S. presidents appointed a Supreme Court justice in an election year

Supreme Court vacancies in presidential election years - SCOTUSblog

At least 14 Supreme Court justices have been confirmed during election years

My answer is clear and precise and I stand by it.

So terrible.

Too bad Hillary didn't win, huh?

“This has never happened before in the history of the United States. Never. Durbin said never, yes he said never,” he continued. “And [McConnell] did it gleefully. McConnell announced the day after the election, ‘I won! We kept the vacancy open and now President Trump gets to fill it.’ Do we remember? Sure.”

Democrats, Still Bitter Over How Their SCOTUS Pick Was Treated, Now Weigh Donald Trump's

Democrats have every right to be bitter.

Ted Kennedy and Joe Biden smeared a very qualified and competent nominee.

Who has a right ?

Never. I would have thought even you would figure that out

Don't throw this bone to the bastards Lakhota. Delete this thread.

It's not a bone. It's a reminder of how dirty they played. It's a reminder of how they don't abide by customs and rules. It should never be swept under the rug. What goes around comes around...

The custom to not appoint a justice during an election will to respect the will of the people? The one obama ignored.

And for the record, the moment Democrats start playing merry-go-filibuster on the Senate floor with the SCOTUS nominee, the confirmation process will go something like this:

nuclear_explosion_01.gif

Once that genie is out of the bottle it will never go back

Harry Reid already let the genie out of the bottle, bub.

On lower courts

If Republicans want to go Full Monty......they can live with it for now on

Nope, ol harry set the bar low and with precedent.

No he didn't. Supreme Court vote rules were not touched and Bush got to nominate everyone except Harriet Miers, who simply wasn't qualified.

Yes, he did by even invoking the nuclear option. He set the precedent.

Don't throw this bone to the bastards Lakhota. Delete this thread.

It's not a bone. It's a reminder of how dirty they played. It's a reminder of how they don't abide by customs and rules. It should never be swept under the rug. What goes around comes around...

The custom to not appoint a justice during an election will to respect the will of the people? The one obama ignored.
Oh who did he appoint?

Dumbass

“This has never happened before in the history of the United States. Never. Durbin said never, yes he said never,” he continued. “And [McConnell] did it gleefully. McConnell announced the day after the election, ‘I won! We kept the vacancy open and now President Trump gets to fill it.’ Do we remember? Sure.”

Democrats, Still Bitter Over How Their SCOTUS Pick Was Treated, Now Weigh Donald Trump's

I am truely amused, thank you.

Can you say nuclear option?

Are you out of your cotton picking mind?

They guy is a loser.

We want someone to interepret the laaw not a fucking activist

Forum List

Back