When will we put LGBTQ issues behind us.?

We are fresh off of a victory in Georgia where the governor vetoed a homophobic and quite frankly stupid bill that targeted LGBT people in the name of ”religious liberty” He caved to pressure from local businesses while never acknowledging the true intent of the bill.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/religious-liberty-bill-could-get-surprise-vote-wed/nqmkF/

However, the anti-equality forces are still hard at work in the south and elsewhere. They are spending countless hours and millions of dollars that could be spent on addressing the real- instead of imagined problems facing the nation. Cases in point:

North Carolina:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/voices-of-north-carolina-the-transgender-community-speaks-out

This week, HRC is lifting up the voices of North Carolinians whose lives are affected by the dangerous and discriminatory bill (HB 2) that North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory signed into law last week.

The first of those stories is from Madeline Goss, an openly transgender woman from Raleigh and former HRC Board of Governors member. Last week, she testified about the harmful impact HB 2 would have on her life and the transgender community.

“I can't use the men's room. I won't go back to the men's room. It is unsafe for me there. People like me die in there," Goss said.

On March 23, Governor McCrory signed into law an outrageous and unprecedented anti-LGBT bill that eliminates existing municipal non-discrimination protections for LGBT people; prevents such provisions from being passed by cities in the future; and forces transgender students in public schools to use restrooms and other facilities inconsistent with their gender identity, putting 4.5 billion dollars in federal funding under Title IX at risk. Read more about how this bill puts federal funding at risk here.

And South Carolina:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/south-carolina-senate-committee-advances-anti-marriage-equality-bill

Last week, a handful of conservative state Senators in South Carolina voted to advance S.31, a bill calling on the US Congress to amend the United States Constitution to allow states to roll back marriage equality on a state by state basis, but ultimately the bill has little chance of passing this session.

S.31 was introduced last year by conservative Senator Larry Grooms, but the bill has been stuck in limbo in the Senate Judiciary Committee since last April. Finally, after months of skipping over the bill - a clear sign that committee members have no appetite for it - S.31 was amended and advanced with a vote of 17 to 3. HRC thanks the three Democrats on the committee, Senators Sabb, Bright-Matthews, and Hutto, for voting against this bill.

Seeking to undermine the historic marriage equality ruling last year by the Supreme Court of the United States ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, S.31 calls on Congress to host a constitutional convention to amend the Constitution of the United States to allow all states to determine their own definitions of marriage. If the Constitution were to be amended in this way, it would give states the ability to roll back marriage equality if they oppose it,, effectively stripping away years of progress and placing millions of same-sex marriages in jeopardy.

Where will it end? When can we get over it and move on to other things? To come together as a nation and, yes, make America Great by being a nation that is all inclusive and accepting of all people? When can we get past this religious and fear based bigotry and start treating our neighbors with the dignity that they deserve? When!!??

I have moved forward, gay marriage is legal. I treat gays like I treat anyone else. I don't approve of their lifestyle choice however it is not my business. I treat them with respect, I don't accept their lifestyle. I don't discriminate against gays. It is their choice to live the way they want.

I have the right to live my life as does a gay person.
When did you make the "lifestyle choice" to be heterosexual?

Are you going to say that you know more about me that I do? I chose not to be a faggot or faggot loving freak like you.

The amount and the depth of bigotry and stupidity that this thread as brought out is truly astounding !!

No RegressiveTraitor, the depth of bigotry and stupidity that this thread is based on is what's astounding.

Sniveling pukes like you are so intolerant of the wishes shared by most people, that is the significant majority of people, to live oblivious to what semen slurping perverts like you should be doing in private. It wasn't good enough for you pillow biters that popular opinion opposed the sort of queer bashing that bull dykes and fudge packers were faced with in extremely rare occurrences. All sorts of laws were passed to provide stiffer sentences to people who beat faggots up, because they were faggots even though the cases of it were so infinitesimal. That special protection wasn't enough though.

The year your moonbat messiah was elected, by a landslide in Commiefornia specifically, an Amendment to The State Constitution made queer weddings illegal. Did fascist parasites like you respect the will of the voters? Of course not, because you're the real bigots. You can not tolerate a different point of view.

The entire concept of faggot weddings, and third bathrooms for people who can't seem to cope with having the junk they were born with is a sort of stupidity so deep it had to come from hell itself.

Please wipe the spit off your chin, get an education and come back when you have something useful to contribute

Homophobia

Human Sexuality

Government

Wipe the cum off your chin that your most recent encounter with a faggot left you.

Do you hate your freedom to decide who you work for? Do you want the freedom to avoid employers or customers who offend you? Do you hate your freedom to "exploit" service providers by choosing the lowest prices? Would you mind if those freedoms are taken from you?
You are ignoring and obfuscating the issue that I raised. You can't seem to grasp the fact that freedoms are never absolute and with the exercise of freedom goes responsibilities ..

I don't see how I'm really doing any of these things. I'm just asking you to consider things from a perspective or principle, and perhaps to recognize that granting government the power to dictate these decisions for people you disagree with now, has a way of biting you in the ass later. Are you ready to give up the right to shun people you disapprove of? Because that's really what we're talking about here.

I noticed that you completely avoid my comments on morality.

Because I agree with them.
Are you ready to give up the right to shun people you disapprove of?
Yes under certain circumstances, because it works both ways. The people who I shun in a place off public accommodation could then shun me or others.

We are fresh off of a victory in Georgia where the governor vetoed a homophobic and quite frankly stupid bill that targeted LGBT people in the name of ”religious liberty” He caved to pressure from local businesses while never acknowledging the true intent of the bill.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/religious-liberty-bill-could-get-surprise-vote-wed/nqmkF/

However, the anti-equality forces are still hard at work in the south and elsewhere. They are spending countless hours and millions of dollars that could be spent on addressing the real- instead of imagined problems facing the nation. Cases in point:

North Carolina:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/voices-of-north-carolina-the-transgender-community-speaks-out

This week, HRC is lifting up the voices of North Carolinians whose lives are affected by the dangerous and discriminatory bill (HB 2) that North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory signed into law last week.

The first of those stories is from Madeline Goss, an openly transgender woman from Raleigh and former HRC Board of Governors member. Last week, she testified about the harmful impact HB 2 would have on her life and the transgender community.

“I can't use the men's room. I won't go back to the men's room. It is unsafe for me there. People like me die in there," Goss said.

On March 23, Governor McCrory signed into law an outrageous and unprecedented anti-LGBT bill that eliminates existing municipal non-discrimination protections for LGBT people; prevents such provisions from being passed by cities in the future; and forces transgender students in public schools to use restrooms and other facilities inconsistent with their gender identity, putting 4.5 billion dollars in federal funding under Title IX at risk. Read more about how this bill puts federal funding at risk here.

And South Carolina:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/south-carolina-senate-committee-advances-anti-marriage-equality-bill

Last week, a handful of conservative state Senators in South Carolina voted to advance S.31, a bill calling on the US Congress to amend the United States Constitution to allow states to roll back marriage equality on a state by state basis, but ultimately the bill has little chance of passing this session.

S.31 was introduced last year by conservative Senator Larry Grooms, but the bill has been stuck in limbo in the Senate Judiciary Committee since last April. Finally, after months of skipping over the bill - a clear sign that committee members have no appetite for it - S.31 was amended and advanced with a vote of 17 to 3. HRC thanks the three Democrats on the committee, Senators Sabb, Bright-Matthews, and Hutto, for voting against this bill.

Seeking to undermine the historic marriage equality ruling last year by the Supreme Court of the United States ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, S.31 calls on Congress to host a constitutional convention to amend the Constitution of the United States to allow all states to determine their own definitions of marriage. If the Constitution were to be amended in this way, it would give states the ability to roll back marriage equality if they oppose it,, effectively stripping away years of progress and placing millions of same-sex marriages in jeopardy.

Where will it end? When can we get over it and move on to other things? To come together as a nation and, yes, make America Great by being a nation that is all inclusive and accepting of all people? When can we get past this religious and fear based bigotry and start treating our neighbors with the dignity that they deserve? When!!??

I have moved forward, gay marriage is legal. I treat gays like I treat anyone else. I don't approve of their lifestyle choice however it is not my business. I treat them with respect, I don't accept their lifestyle. I don't discriminate against gays. It is their choice to live the way they want.

Are you going to say that you know more about me that I do? I chose not to be a faggot or faggot loving freak like you.
Horseshit!

Do you hate your freedom to decide who you work for? Do you want the freedom to avoid employers or customers who offend you? Do you hate your freedom to "exploit" service providers by choosing the lowest prices? Would you mind if those freedoms are taken from you?
You are ignoring and obfuscating the issue that I raised. You can't seem to grasp the fact that freedoms are never absolute and with the exercise of freedom goes responsibilities ..

I don't see how I'm really doing any of these things. I'm just asking you to consider things from a perspective or principle, and perhaps to recognize that granting government the power to dictate these decisions for people you disagree with now, has a way of biting you in the ass later. Are you ready to give up the right to shun people you disapprove of? Because that's really what we're talking about here.

I noticed that you completely avoid my comments on morality.

Because I agree with them.
Are you ready to give up the right to shun people you disapprove of?
Yes under certain circumstances, because it works both ways. The people who I shun in a place off public accommodation could then shun me or others.

Yeah. That's the way freedom works.

On morality you agree with me? Really? But you said..
they hate standards of sexual morality, and those who stand for such standards;
So WTF was that about?

Uh, I think you misread. That wasn't my post.

North Carolina:

And South Carolina:

Horseshit!

Typical retard Progressive claiming they know more about me than I do. And you wonder why good, honorable people think you're nothing more than a wasteful piece of shit.

I'll tell you when.. When there are no legislated protected dicks in my daughter's locker room... That's when...
First of all, if those transgender people still have dicks, they have no interest in your daughter. But more importantly, and what seems to be beyond your intellectual capacity to grasp, is that the issues that I raised go far beyond transgender and locker room matters.

Then stop lumping LGBTQYJ issues into a single bag. You think because progress is made on "gay rights" that all these other nasty slaps in the face get to ride in for FREE? Nope.. Different issues.

I don't care if the dick is an unfortunate appendage at 15 yrs of age.. Should REMAIN in the boys room until legal age. 1/2 the "gay" teens we ever knew are now in traditional marraige..
You seem to be the one lumping things together. Are you confused about how transgender and gay are different things? You also do not seem to understand that not everyone can be neatly categorized into straight and gay, that there are many who are bi sexual( which might account for you unsourced "statistic" about gay kids who are now in "traditional" marriages, and that sexual orientation and gender identity are -and human sexuality in general- are extremely complex and may well be related.

Then why did YOU lump all that together in your OP?? This LBTGYQ garbage just makes you seem emotional about it and NOT aware of the MOUNTAIN of different causes and issues packed into that shorthand.. And you're not EVER gonna "global sympathy" for all those causes lumped together... .
Unlike you, I am very aware of the differences. The point of the OP - which you seem to be unable to grasp- is legal discrimination against LGBT people. Now that is garbage.

I think then -- by strict definition -- you could have titled this "when will put Q issues behind us".. Because the Q covers all or one of them or maybe none of them.. But truth is ---- EACH of the LGBT "issues" is a different set of societal problems or issues and they don't all ride together. You can't tomorrow add polyamory or pedophilia to the list and call it done..

Bisexuals are largely NOT gay or lesbian and are LARGELY people acting solely on CHOICE. Not "orientation" or potential bio/psych differences.... Trans people are largely a biological issue if they are genuine. And the societal issues associated with them are FAR more complex and problematic than lesbian and gay..

It's not one big hurdle. And you hurt the cause by placing them all into one big 18wheeler and trying to ram it thru all the societal hurdles.

Don't you people EVER get tired of this liberal/conservative bullshit? Conservatives are not the cream of the crop either!!!
Care to site some flaws? You may not give examples that are opposite liberal ideology. By definition, they can't be flawed.

North Carolina:

And South Carolina:

When the bat shit crazy fuckers quit wanting special treatment. Dumbass
Amen to this. Why should one kind of person get special treatment over another when at the end of the day we are all Americans no matter what our race, sexual preference, blood type, etc. is?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Well, no. They no longer have the right to disagree. A gay caterer, by law, must service a straight pride event. They can't discriminate against the event organizers because of their sexual orientation.
. All they have to say is they refuse to accommodate bigotry and the liberal establishment will agree.

Please wipe the spit off your chin, get an education and come back when you have something useful to contribute

Homophobia

Human Sexuality

Government

Wipe the load off your face, reject your indoctrination and I won't hold my breath waiting for you to gain cognitive function. You'd have to have a frontal lobe and yours has withered away like a paralyzed person's legs from lack of use.

Here's something for you to research:

Bed wetting

Sexual Deviancy

The sort of Government you promote.

go_fuck_yourself_felicia_day.gif

The law protects EVERYONE equally. Therefore, the law is not discriminatory. Some black store owner could not discriminate against me because I'm white or a female either.

Are you people really THIS fucking stupid? I find this hard to believe.

Look, you can whine, bitch and moan all day. It doesn't change the FACT that if we allowed "discriminatory business practices" it would create a HUGE cluster fuck.

It's easier to have the law apply to everyone on an equality basis, as they are recognized by law, and ignore you ignorant dummies.

We allow "no shoes, no shirts, no service".
Because of safety and health laws. And that is for EVERYONE...it doesn't say "No shoes if you are Black...no shirts if you are Muslim...no service if you are Gay".

Free footers are being discriminated against!
Well, that sounds like another law you can actively work to get repealed then. Right after you get off your butt and actively do something about repealing PA laws.......or are you still just whining about it?

You standard dodge, I've come to expect nothing else from you.

You [ChrisL] keep arguing "the law is the law is the law" without arguing the real issue, that is if these laws are being applied properly and justly, assuming government isn't there just to make people play nice. There has to be some actual harm, and you keep not wanting to provide it.

And ignoring that the Constitution—the highest law that takes precedence over all lesser laws—completely refutes her position. There's no point in arguing that “the law is the law” and must be obeyed, if you won't obey the highest law.

progressives only care about the constitution when some progressive judge makes crap up for them about it.

"Right to Abortion?" HELL YES, "Right to keep and Bear Arms?", HELL NO.

You [ChrisL] keep arguing "the law is the law is the law" without arguing the real issue, that is if these laws are being applied properly and justly, assuming government isn't there just to make people play nice. There has to be some actual harm, and you keep not wanting to provide it.

And ignoring that the Constitution—the highest law that takes precedence over all lesser laws—completely refutes her position. There's no point in arguing that “the law is the law” and must be obeyed, if you won't obey the highest law.

These types of laws have ALREADY been challenged for constitutional muster and they passed. Sucks to be a bigot in today's world, I suppose.

Segregation laws were challenged under Plessey, and they passed, so I guess no one should have challenged them again, right?

First of all, if those transgender people still have dicks, they have no interest in your daughter. But more importantly, and what seems to be beyond your intellectual capacity to grasp, is that the issues that I raised go far beyond transgender and locker room matters.

Then stop lumping LGBTQYJ issues into a single bag. You think because progress is made on "gay rights" that all these other nasty slaps in the face get to ride in for FREE? Nope.. Different issues.

I don't care if the dick is an unfortunate appendage at 15 yrs of age.. Should REMAIN in the boys room until legal age. 1/2 the "gay" teens we ever knew are now in traditional marraige..
You seem to be the one lumping things together. Are you confused about how transgender and gay are different things? You also do not seem to understand that not everyone can be neatly categorized into straight and gay, that there are many who are bi sexual( which might account for you unsourced "statistic" about gay kids who are now in "traditional" marriages, and that sexual orientation and gender identity are -and human sexuality in general- are extremely complex and may well be related.

Then why did YOU lump all that together in your OP?? This LBTGYQ garbage just makes you seem emotional about it and NOT aware of the MOUNTAIN of different causes and issues packed into that shorthand.. And you're not EVER gonna "global sympathy" for all those causes lumped together... .
Unlike you, I am very aware of the differences. The point of the OP - which you seem to be unable to grasp- is legal discrimination against LGBT people. Now that is garbage.

I think then -- by strict definition -- you could have titled this "when will put Q issues behind us".. Because the Q covers all or one of them or maybe none of them.. But truth is ---- EACH of the LGBT "issues" is a different set of societal problems or issues and they don't all ride together. You can't tomorrow add polyamory or pedophilia to the list and call it done..

Bisexuals are largely NOT gay or lesbian and are LARGELY people acting solely on CHOICE. Not "orientation" or potential bio/psych differences.... Trans people are largely a biological issue if they are genuine. And the societal issues associated with them are FAR more complex and problematic than lesbian and gay..

It's not one big hurdle. And you hurt the cause by placing them all into one big 18wheeler and trying to ram it thru all the societal hurdles.
On a certain level and to an extent, I agree that there are important difference when it comes to the concerning issues gays, lesbians, transgender people. However, those differences are largely social. The fact is that the legal issues are, for the most part the same and these bigoted state laws that seek to limit their rights and restrict their behavior do in lump them all together- except for perhaps these idiotic “bathroom” laws that target transgender people. And, it is the legal issues that I started this thread about.

Thank you for not including polyamory ( you actually know that word and avoided the more common red herring of “polygamy” while being unable to resist a reference to pedophilia which often pollutes a discussion of gay issues.

Thank you also for informing us that the sexual orientation of bi sexual is different from being strictly gay or straight, although smart people already know that. However, your assertion that being bi is a choice reflects a poor understanding of human sexuality and shows that you have failed to grasp the difference between “lifestyle choice” and sexual orientation. Bi people do make the choice to engage in hetero or homosexual relationships, but they are still bisexual

North Carolina:

And South Carolina:

It will take many generations, and then it will never be behind us... Racism still live strong with us, and you wonder when will gay bashing end?

The same day racism and that would mean the day when Humanity is wiped off the face of this planet!
Yes there will always be bigoted and ignorant asses around. However, I am talking about ending the legal and political wrangling that takes up so much time, money and energy . That can end if the states stop trying to pass these horrific and bigoted laws in the guise of religious freedom.

Unfortunately that is not going to happen in our lifetime... The bigots of society will fight this one issue to their graves just like they fight a woman right to her body.

It is sad...

North Carolina:

And South Carolina:

But you sure...ahem...like to talk about it.....seems to be a "thing" with you.

These types of laws have ALREADY been challenged for constitutional muster and they passed. Sucks to be a bigot in today's world, I suppose.

Segregation laws were challenged under Plessey, and they passed, so I guess no one should have challenged them again, right?

We've had this discussion before. Why do you pretend that we have not. Brown v. Board of Ed challenged Plessy because they were able to PROVE that "separate" did NOT mean "equal" like Plessy asserted. It took a long time and a lot of effort to get there tho. It took people years of research and sweat and probably some blood to get there. Something they would not have accomplished by just sitting at a computer and whining on the internet.

The law protects EVERYONE equally. Therefore, the law is not discriminatory. Some black store owner could not discriminate against me because I'm white or a female either.

Are you people really THIS fucking stupid? I find this hard to believe.

Look, you can whine, bitch and moan all day. It doesn't change the FACT that if we allowed "discriminatory business practices" it would create a HUGE cluster fuck.

It's easier to have the law apply to everyone on an equality basis, as they are recognized by law, and ignore you ignorant dummies.

We allow "no shoes, no shirts, no service".
Because of safety and health laws. And that is for EVERYONE...it doesn't say "No shoes if you are Black...no shirts if you are Muslim...no service if you are Gay".

Free footers are being discriminated against!
Well, that sounds like another law you can actively work to get repealed then. Right after you get off your butt and actively do something about repealing PA laws.......or are you still just whining about it?

You standard dodge, I've come to expect nothing else from you.
I always find it ironically funny that you accuse me of a "dodge" when it is you who never does anything but whine about PA laws when you could take action to get them repealed. I guess it's cheaper and easier for you to just snivel.

I always find it ironically funny that you accuse me of a "dodge" when it is you who never does anything but whine about PA laws when you could take action to get them repealed. I guess it's cheaper and easier for you to just snivel.

You've made this observation several times but I really don't know what you're trying to prove or say. There's no point in legislative activism until we can build a broader consensus. Part of that is making the case to other people who think critically about politics. We have to convince more people that PA laws are bad policy before we can even hope to get them repealed.

Forum List

Back