When you reach the age of reason, will you reject supernatural religion?

Science does not believe in talking serpents therefore science and religions are not compatible.

When I first read the story of the talking serpent during religious instruction I was in the second grade. Fortunately for my sanity at the same time in public school we were learning about fairy tales and fables and how to understand the metaphors used in order to discover the moral of the story. The boy who cried wolf, the three pigs, goldilocks, the pied piper, etc.,

It seemed to me as obvious then as it still is now that the biblical account of a talking serpent was more sophisticated than a story like like the three pigs but still only a fairy tale with a hidden teaching.

Is the story of the three talking pigs evidence of ancestral superstitions? Would you think that someone who believed that it was a worthless story of supernatural nonsense was very smart?

The problem is not with talking serpents the problem is with adults believing that what amounts to a fairy tale is a historical document arguing with adults who haven't grasped what bronze age children were expected to learn.

That would be a problem of modern ignorance not ancient superstition.

I doubt that any scientist in the world would denounce the story of the three pigs as false because there is no historical or scientific evidence that pigs could ever talk or build houses, unless of course some dingbat was claiming that it is a historical fact.

Even so, why would anyone, scientist or not, let the irrational claims of people who do not think very deeply divert them from ever benefitting from the hard learned lessons of the past and learning the truth of the hidden teachings conveyed by dismissing the story as bullshit simply because everyone knows that serpents can't talk?

Isn't that just as stupid as believing that once upon a time serpents could talk ? To argue at all whether serpents can talk or not is a monumental waste of time since the story is not even about talking serpents anymore than the story of the three pigs is about talking pigs...

Don't both the believer and unbeliever alike miss the point of the story just as completely while bickering about irrelevant absurdities?

I do not think so.

I see it as opening thought bubbles that should b looked at.

You seem to forget that this myth, when read literally is a large part of why Christians have discriminated against both women and gays forever.

That is the harm of literal reading that I fight.

So I basically agree with your "That would be a problem of modern ignorance not ancient superstition.

Many are still quite ignorant.

Regards
DL

So if the bible is incorrect, that means everything came from nothing?

I don't know, but nothing, it would seen to me, is better than some tyrannical all powerful God that only wants slaves to serve him.

Why do you restrict yourself to just two possibilities, when in an endless universe, every possibility becomes a probability?

Regards
DL

You're certainly free to offer up a theory, but you won't. You offer nothing because you have nothing besides mocking, snide, ignorant torts.

If I have to offer anything other than the Big Bang, you are already lost to your fantasy thinking.

Seek help or at lest a moral God.

Regards
DL

Who or what started the big bang? Or did matter create itself? You're the one living in a fantasy world of delusional denial. Science is on the side of a creator, you're just too fucking stupid to be able to figure it out.

So if the bible is incorrect, that means everything came from nothing?

I don't know, but nothing, it would seen to me, is better than some tyrannical all powerful God that only wants slaves to serve him.

Why do you restrict yourself to just two possibilities, when in an endless universe, every possibility becomes a probability?

Regards
DL

You're certainly free to offer up a theory, but you won't. You offer nothing because you have nothing besides mocking, snide, ignorant torts.

If I have to offer anything other than the Big Bang, you are already lost to your fantasy thinking.

Seek help or at lest a moral God.

Regards
DL

Who or what started the big bang? Or did matter create itself? You're the one living in a fantasy world of delusional denial. Science is on the side of a creator, you're just too fucking stupid to be able to figure it out.

Forum List

Back