when you're wrong, get the word redefined

Don't be stupider than you have to be. 5.56 milspec is a hotter load so the projectile is shaped differently. You will burn your barrel running it through your .223 even though the actual size difference is so small you can load it.
while you're running around insulting people for stupidity - you may want to be sure you're correct first.

i 100% agree you don't run 5.56 through a .223 or you'll likely end up with some form of failure. "hotter load" is one way to put it i suppose but it's simply a higher pressure round. also, the 5.56 chambering is a bit different.

bullets themselves are however, identical.

Is There a Difference Between .223 and 5.56? | The Arms Guide

223 Remington and 5.56x45mm Dimension Measurements
At a glance, the two rounds are indiscernible. Both rounds use a bullet of .224in in diameter and an overall length of 2.26in. In general, the external dimensions for the two calibers are identical. What’s more significant is the pressure of the two rounds and the difference in the rifle chambering.

so not sure what you're referring to in the bullet itself being shaped differently (projectile makes it sound like you're copying and pasting from someones poor notes) so please link me to that so i can learn something today.

Don't be stupider than you have to be. 5.56 milspec is a hotter load so the projectile is shaped differently. You will burn your barrel running it through your .223 even though the actual size difference is so small you can load it.
while you're running around insulting people for stupidity - you may want to be sure you're correct first.

i 100% agree you don't run 5.56 through a .223 or you'll likely end up with some form of failure. "hotter load" is one way to put it i suppose but it's simply a higher pressure round. also, the 5.56 chambering is a bit different.

At a glance, the two rounds are indiscernible. Both rounds use a bullet of .224in in diameter and an overall length of 2.26in. In general, the external dimensions for the two calibers are identical. What’s more significant is the pressure of the two rounds and the difference in the rifle chambering.

so not sure what you're referring to in the bullet itself being shaped differently (projectile makes it sound like you're copying and pasting from someones poor notes) so please link me to that so i can learn something today.
A. I was insulted and returned the favor.

B. You just said exactly what I did.

So C. Bugger off.

The Latest Panic Over "Assault Weapons"

i keep hearing inigyo montoya saying "you keep using that word, i do not think it means what you think it means" as they say the AR15 is an assault rifle.

you tell them it's not. they say LOOK - IT LOOKS MEAN ERGO IT IS.

you say it's not and show them the definition. so instead of being wrong, we just get words redefined to suit our tastes.

not the first time in history this has happened (gay comes to mind) but it is annoying cause now the gun grabbers are gonna go LOOK IT IS I TOLDJA!!!

sigh. now i'm going to buy one just because it's gotten to the level of stupid where i want one just to say FUCK OFF.

And yet gun experts keep telling us how the AR15 does so much more internal damage than other guns, that those who are injured are less likely to survive their wounds, and what an efficient people killer this gun is.

You want to play word games and “gotcha” on what kind of weapon the AR15 is, but what’s your point?
Than what other guns?

My 6.8 mm does a hell of a lot more damage than a 5.56 and my 7.62 does more damage than my 6.8

The AR fires one of the smallest caliber rounds on the market

A. I was insulted and returned the favor.

B. You just said exactly what I did.

So C. Bugger off.
great - but i did not say the same thing. you said the bullets are shaped differently. i'm asking you to show me where that is the case because i am not familiar with about the "projectile".

so - can you verify the bullets are shaped differently for me or where you got that info?

i keep hearing inigyo montoya saying "you keep using that word, i do not think it means what you think it means" as they say the AR15 is an assault rifle.

you say it's not and show them the definition. so instead of being wrong, we just get words redefined to suit our tastes.

not the first time in history this has happened (gay comes to mind) but it is annoying cause now the gun grabbers are gonna go LOOK IT IS I TOLDJA!!!

sigh. now i'm going to buy one just because it's gotten to the level of stupid where i want one just to say FUCK OFF.

And yet gun experts keep telling us how the AR15 does so much more internal damage than other guns, that those who are injured are less likely to survive their wounds, and what an efficient people killer this gun is.

You want to play word games and “gotcha” on what kind of weapon the AR15 is, but what’s your point?

You do realize that the gun does not come in contact with the target, right?

yet gun experts keep telling us how the AR15 does so much more internal damage than other guns

bs you better find new experts then because either you or they are lying

yet gun experts keep telling us how the AR15 does so much more internal damage than other guns

they found someone to say what they needed them to say so suddenly *these experts* are the only ones that matter.

No actual expert is saying that because it’s not true.The scare mongers the left puts on tv may say it but it’s still not true.

Figured it out!

This is the difference between .22 and .223.

View attachment 191362

I know the difference since I have several of both.
Like I said...a .556 is just a fast .22
most antis like this one dont understand what you just posted

it simply goes over their heads

they found someone to say what they needed them to say so suddenly *these experts* are the only ones that matter.

indeed lying is an important factor to this as well as any other leftist agenda

No actual expert is saying that because it’s not true.The scare mongers the left puts on tv may say it but it’s still not true.

Figured it out!

View attachment 191362

And neither one of you seem to know the difference between English and metric measurements.

Figured it out!

View attachment 191362

The actual slugs are about the same size regardless of the size of the casing

The .223 is a faster round because it holds more powder and that is the only significant difference
It's a very significant difference.

it's the only significant difference
And the amount of explosive included is the only difference between a firecracker and a stick of dynamite.

Let's try not to be disingenuous here folks.

Figured it out!

View attachment 191362

And neither one of you seem to know the difference between English and metric measurements.

A 5.56 is the same diameter as a .22

Figured it out!

View attachment 191362

A 5.56 is the same diameter as a .22
Both of these firearms experts have referred to them as a .556, not. 5.56.

Figured it out!

View attachment 191362

right now the difference is .003.

you found your "difference maker" so hey, let's compare a hotter load to a stick of dynamite as if we're starting from the same point.

we're not. you're all over the map making up shit as you go and calling others out who notice.

Figured it out!

View attachment 191362

right now the difference is .003.

you found your "difference maker" so hey, let's compare a hotter load to a stick of dynamite as if we're starting from the same point.

we're not. you're all over the map making up shit as you go and calling others out who notice.
Not quite the way that went down my friend. Because I believe we need some gun control you and others assumed I knew nothing about firearms. When that turned out not to be the case you tried to prove you knew more and made yourself look silly in the process.

Forum List

Back