Where are the jobs, Mr. President?

Name a jobs bill the right didn't filibuster. Then carry on..........

Until then, this is not an actual thread..

Obama has received all of the bills he requested to "fix" the economy. 100% of them.

He asked for the first stimulus spending, he got:

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (2009).

When that failed, he asked for a second round of stimulus and got:

The Omnibus Trade Act (2010)

He asked for finance reform, he got:

The Dodd-Frank WallStreet Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2011)
The Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act (2011)
The Homebuyer Assistance and Improvement Act (2011)
And a bunch more that I don't even have time to add.

He asked for Obamacare, and got:

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (2010). .

Every part of his "plan" has been passed and implemented and has been a spectacular failure. He promised if we passed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (2009) that unemployment would NOT reach 8%. Instead, it climbed to 10% after passing it and has never been below 8%.

In the three years since Obamacare passed, healthcare costs have gone UP despite his promises that it would make costs go down.

We used to all have free checking, but since passing the The Dodd-Frank WallStreet Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2011), banks are now charging yearly fees for checking accounts. Of course, the sad irony of this is that Obama said he was helping "the little guy". Well, the wealthy can afford checking fees. It's the "little guy" living paycheck to paycheck that can't afford those extra fees. Obama has done nothing but crush the middle and lower class with awful marxist economic policies.

Alpha Natural Resources Closing 8 Coal Mines, Cutting 1,200 Jobs
(Killing jobs with his policies)

BREAKING: Libyan Officials Claim US Was Warned 3 DAYS BEFORE Deadly Benghazi Consulate Attack
(Killing American's)

CRS report: number of able-bodied adults on food stamps doubled after Obama suspended work requirement
(Allowing able-bodied people to live off of hard working American tax payers)

8,786,049: Yet Another Record for Americans Collecting Disability
(Fraud & Corruption in the administration - there is no way 18,108 Americans suddenly became disabled in ONE month)

So now that I've proven you are either completely ignorant of reality or a liar, what do you have [MENTION=47936]AntiParty[/MENTION]?

Stimulus bills were not intended to be Job bills. They were intended to stimulate the economy.

Jobs for Veterans and The Anti-Outsourcing bill of 2010 were both turned down. The anti-outsourcing bill would have been a large step in bringing industry back to what use to be an Industrial nation..

Obama's Presidency is caving right before our eyes and I applaud the horror. He is completley failing at everything he does.

We're winning

Good over evil

-Geaux

So you think we win if a president fails at everything he does? I can't wrap my head around that statement. :doubt:

The President controls the economy? Interesting.

The thread title is what Pelosi said to Bush at a time when the unemployment rate was 4.7%. That has since changed to her saying that 8% is the "new norm."

Presidents aren't supposed to control the economy or create jobs. They can hurt them with bad policy and that is exactly what Obamacare and some oppressive EPA rules are doing.

Obama's Presidency is caving right before our eyes and I applaud the horror. He is completley failing at everything he does.

We're winning

Good over evil

-Geaux

So you think we win if a president fails at everything he does? I can't wrap my head around that statement. :doubt:

Really? It's not that hard to comprehend. It's a success for America when Obama fails to implement destructive policies, which is remarkably often. So we win because he loses.

Law of averages

-Geaux

Name a jobs bill the right didn't filibuster. Then carry on..........

Until then, this is not an actual thread..

Obama has received all of the bills he requested to "fix" the economy. 100% of them.

Every part of his "plan" has been passed and implemented and has been a spectacular failure. He promised if we passed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (2009) that unemployment would NOT reach 8%. Instead, it climbed to 10% after passing it and has never been below 8%.

In the three years since Obamacare passed, healthcare costs have gone UP despite his promises that it would make costs go down.

We used to all have free checking, but since passing the The Dodd-Frank WallStreet Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2011), banks are now charging yearly fees for checking accounts. Of course, the sad irony of this is that Obama said he was helping "the little guy". Well, the wealthy can afford checking fees. It's the "little guy" living paycheck to paycheck that can't afford those extra fees. Obama has done nothing but crush the middle and lower class with awful marxist economic policies.

BREAKING: Libyan Officials Claim US Was Warned 3 DAYS BEFORE Deadly Benghazi Consulate Attack
(Killing American's)

CRS report: number of able-bodied adults on food stamps doubled after Obama suspended work requirement

(Fraud & Corruption in the administration - there is no way 18,108 Americans suddenly became disabled in ONE month)

So now that I've proven you are either completely ignorant of reality or a liar, what do you have [MENTION=47936]AntiParty[/MENTION]?

Stimulus bills were not intended to be Job bills. They were intended to stimulate the economy.

Jobs for Veterans and The Anti-Outsourcing bill of 2010 were both turned down. The anti-outsourcing bill would have been a large step in bringing industry back to what use to be an Industrial nation..

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What is "stimulating the economy" if it's not jobs? And why did Obama promise unemployment would not hit 8% if it wasn't a "jobs bill"? :eusa_doh:

Clearly you've become really desperate when the facts proved your initial post was simply uninformed babble. Why not just admit you were wrong and move on?

We're winning

Good over evil

-Geaux

Really? It's not that hard to comprehend. It's a success for America when Obama fails to implement destructive policies, which is remarkably often. So we win because he loses.

Law of averages

-Geaux

Explain why jobs for veterans and less outsourcing is bad for America...

(Killing American's)

What is "stimulating the economy" if it's not jobs? And why did Obama promise unemployment would not hit 8% if it wasn't a "jobs bill"? :eusa_doh:

Clearly you've become really desperate when the facts proved your initial post was simply uninformed babble. Why not just admit you were wrong and move on?

I'm guessing you forgot the checks sent to Americans to spend..........to Stimulate the economy..........

Or maybe you see spending as an occupation?

The jobs are waiting for a normal infrastructure/jobs act, dingbats.

Obama signed into law an $800B "stimulus" bill just for that purpose. And like everything else touched by Obama, it was a failure.

Most of these "liberals" have completely (and conveniently) forgotten that the VERY FIRST piece of legislation that the democrat controlled House and Senate passed was the George Bush/Obama 860 BILLION stimulus bill when Papa Doc Obama took office.

Then, some one and a half years later, that skinny, punk assed clown sat at a table laughing that "shovel ready wasn't as shovel ready as we thought" and the 860 BILLION dollars from the taxpayers merely disappeared into thin air.

The President controls the economy? Interesting.

The thread title is what Pelosi said to Bush at a time when the unemployment rate was 4.7%. That has since changed to her saying that 8% is the "new norm."

Presidents aren't supposed to control the economy or create jobs. They can hurt them with bad policy and that is exactly what Obamacare and some oppressive EPA rules are doing.

She also supported the Unemployment Compensation Extension Act. That's how Leftytoons roll.

Last edited:

Law of averages

-Geaux

Explain why jobs for veterans and less outsourcing is bad for America...

I'm a veteran and have a job. We have special events to entice veterans to apply, especially wounded warriors.

Outsourcing would not be required if Obama would get out of the way and let business flourish. Instead its regulation after regulation. High corporate taxes and Obamacare. No thanks, I want to make a buck without having to say the government helped destroy my business.

-Geaux

Last edited:
Go look at one of Obama's early failures in Credit Card Reform. What a fricken disaster not to mention stupid idea

-Geaux

I'm guessing you forgot the checks sent to Americans to spend..........to Stimulate the economy..........

First of all, spending money puts creates demands for products and services. Demand means someone needs to fill that demand - hence jobs.

Second, and much more importantly, Barack Obama did not send checks to Americans. That was George W. Bush my friend. Barack Obama sent checks to Solyndra (over $500 million). You seem to be a bit confused on your history. So here is a report from two Senators who were directly involved with the bill:

"When Congress passed the $862 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2009, otherwise known as the stimulus bill, it passed with assurances that it would stem the loss of American jobs and keep the economy from floundering. As most can see, it hasn’t.

Eighteen months since the law’s passage, millions of jobs are still gone and the economy is as uncertain as ever. The only thing getting a boost is our national debt – the stimulus has helped push it 23 percent higher, to $13.2 trillion, a new record.

The dramatic increase in government spending has not shortened the nation’s unemployment lines. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the unemployment rate in June 2010 was 9.5 percent, which is essentially the same as June of last year. Many economists are forecasting that the debt incurred to pay for these projects increases the risk of a greater economic downturn in the near future."

Stimulus Waste

(Gee, all I see in this report are the terms jobs and unemployment and in the list of who recieved money, I see nothing but businesses. I don't see a single person receiving any checks).

More jobs have been created during Obamas first five years than eight years of Bush

Jobs created during U.S. presidential terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why would we want to elect Republicans again?

Oh yeah? Really RW? Then why is unemployment higher under Obama than it ever was under Bush? :lol:
The fact that you believe more jobs have been created under Obama is comical. When Bush was in office, unemployment was already low so there weren't that many jobs that could be created. When Obama stepped in and blew up the U.S. (and world) economy costing 13 million jobs, it's not really that impressive if 4 million are "created". He still has the biggest net loss in U.S. history (sans the great depression - which not coincidentally was overseen by another ignorant Dumbocrat).

Why?

Bush got handed a great economy and a surplus.

Then he spent it on 2 wars and a boat load of government spending.

When that happens?

Unemployment has a tendency to go down.

:thup: True story.

Oops....

"Obama's tax rebates were supposed to encourage consumer spending, but many experts doubted it. Why? The rebates showed up as less tax withholding. Unlike the Bush tax cuts, workers did not receive checks. As a result, most people weren't aware they got a tax rebate."

What Is in the Obama Economic Stimulus Package

More jobs have been created during Obamas first five years than eight years of Bush

Jobs created during U.S. presidential terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why would we want to elect Republicans again?

Oh yeah? Really RW? Then why is unemployment higher under Obama than it ever was under Bush? :lol:
The fact that you believe more jobs have been created under Obama is comical. When Bush was in office, unemployment was already low so there weren't that many jobs that could be created. When Obama stepped in and blew up the U.S. (and world) economy costing 13 million jobs, it's not really that impressive if 4 million are "created". He still has the biggest net loss in U.S. history (sans the great depression - which not coincidentally was overseen by another ignorant Dumbocrat).

Why?

When that happens?

Really? Well since Obama has spent $7 trillion beyond his budget in 4 years while Bush spent $4 trillion beyond his budget in 8 years, unemployment right now should be -4% by your theory... :lol:

True story.

Outsourcing would not be required if Obama would get out of the way and let business flourish. Instead its regulation after regulation. High corporate taxes and Obamacare. No thanks, I want to make a buck without having to say the government helped destroy my business.
Are you insane or just retarded? Outsourcing has been happening since the end of slavery because greedy capitalists didn't want to pay black people to do the work that they were being forced to do for free for 300 years, so they paid Asian peasant laborers cents a day to avoid paying higher wages to freed American slaves.

It doesn't matter about the corporate tax rate. If you cut it to 0%, corporations are going to hoard the majority of that money in untaxable overseas shelters where it won't help the government, the voters or that company's employees. This is why record corporate profits do not correlate to a lower unemployment rate- because job creators have to spend their record profits on creating jobs. They don't. Corporations keep that money and everyone else gets food stamps.

Why?

When that happens?

Really? Well since Obama has spent $7 trillion beyond his budget in 4 years while Bush spent $4 trillion beyond his budget in 8 years, unemployment right now should be -4% by your theory... :lol:

True story.

And most of that "7 Trillion" is paying down the debt Bush left.

So by your own estimate..Bush spent 11 Trillion dollars. I hope all that low unemployment was worth it! :D

:lol:

Why?

When that happens?

True story.

Only a liberal could say that Bush did a "boat load of government spending" when trying to explain why Obama has higher unemployment. If Bush did a "boat load of government spending" then Obama has done an entire fleet of air craft carrier load of government spending.

Forum List

Back