Where do religious folk who are climate deniers reconcile this?

There is when you accept him.

yeah, well when you and I bite the dust one of us is going to be disappointed. I doubt it'll be me...

I don't support Trump but I do believe in God. If things go your way, we're just gone and that's it. But if things are as we believe, you have serious problems. And since none of us has died and came back to tell us what it is like, it's probably not wise to be so sure of what's going to happen.

Not too sure if this is current events (climate change) or religion (Christianity).

Climate deniers are always rambling on about empirical evidence not being available on humans causing climate change (even though scientists use the well-proven and peer-reviewed modelling method that show unequivocally that we are having a negative effect), yet there is absolutely zero evidence of a god. Only faith. It seems - and I'm only going on anecdotal evidence on this board - that almost all climate-change-is-being-caused-by-humans deniers are conservatives, and quite a few are Christians. Seems hypocrisy to me...

Religious people do not deny climate change.
They know about why it's happing in the Bible.
Hint: It is not about fossil fuels.
It's about the world turning from God and becoming lawless.
But no one wants to hear or believe that.
Same thing happened when Noah warned them about the flood.
They would not believe it until it was too late.

The greed involved in the fossil fuel industry caused us, for one nation, to abandon building fuel efficient or electronic transportation and this is what has caused climate change. Greed is ungodly and the manner in which nations have put in lawless governments to control the resources increased the godless behavior. And now we face the penalty.

What nation had abandoned fuel efficiency?
Not the USA
We are merging and cooperating with natural gas, cleaner burning coal, wind and solar.

Energy.gov
Today, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) announced the selection of 35 projects totaling $73 million for bioenergy research and development (R&D). Funded through the DOE’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, these projects will help reduce the price of drop-in biofuels, lower the cost of biopower, and enable high-value products from biomass or waste resources.

DOE Announces Intent to Issue New Funding Opportunity for Tribal Energy Infrastructure Development
there are more listed and these are just the recent ones .

We started working on electric cars in the 70's due to the embargo but stopped. No doubt this was due to the oil lobby. So we could have had battery powered cars 25-30 years ago or at least hybrids.

This President is keeping his promise of doing it all in order to find even better cheaper energy efficient fuels.
I love that he got rid of Bush's stupid ,(more pollution with mercury)energy efficient light bulbs. :)
I hate those bulbs.

Not too sure if this is current events (climate change) or religion (Christianity).

Climate deniers are always rambling on about empirical evidence not being available on humans causing climate change (even though scientists use the well-proven and peer-reviewed modelling method that show unequivocally that we are having a negative effect), yet there is absolutely zero evidence of a god. Only faith. It seems - and I'm only going on anecdotal evidence on this board - that almost all climate-change-is-being-caused-by-humans deniers are conservatives, and quite a few are Christians. Seems hypocrisy to me...

The greed involved in the fossil fuel industry caused us, for one nation, to abandon building fuel efficient or electronic transportation and this is what has caused climate change. Greed is ungodly and the manner in which nations have put in lawless governments to control the resources increased the godless behavior. And now we face the penalty.

Not the USA
We are merging and cooperating with natural gas, cleaner burning coal, wind and solar.

Energy.gov
Today, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) announced the selection of 35 projects totaling $73 million for bioenergy research and development (R&D). Funded through the DOE’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, these projects will help reduce the price of drop-in biofuels, lower the cost of biopower, and enable high-value products from biomass or waste resources.

DOE Announces Intent to Issue New Funding Opportunity for Tribal Energy Infrastructure Development

We started working on electric cars in the 70's due to the embargo but stopped. No doubt this was due to the oil lobby. So we could have had battery powered cars 25-30 years ago or at least hybrids.
The next logical step after gasoline powered engines was hybrids. But the powers that be went to electric also. If we vested our energy on hybrids they would be most of the autos sold today. Also I really do not trust the system as W. Bush pushed hydrogen powered vehicles and as soon as the Progs took over they nixed it. I wonder what lobby did that with the Progs in charge?

I don't support Trump but I do believe in God. If things go your way, we're just gone and that's it. But if things are as we believe, you have serious problems. And since none of us has died and came back to tell us what it is like, it's probably not wise to be so sure of what's going to happen.

Fair enough. Each to his/her own

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Not the USA

Energy.gov

This President is keeping his promise of doing it all in order to find even better cheaper energy efficient fuels.
I love that he got rid of Bush's stupid ,(more pollution with mercury)energy efficient light bulbs. :)
I hate those bulbs.

If you believe in God, you reject Donald Trump.

Hell yes it is.

you guys crack me up. You think you get to decide what is what. You're like those guys that try and sell chicken bacon, or the vegan shop near where I live sells 'chicken' sandwiches. I asked them if it was real chicken (I was being facetious) and they said 'no, it tastes like chicken'. Then I said, 'well it ain't chicken then is it?'. They just looked at me. I know you are Trump lover, and he is the inventor of fake news, but you don't get to call something a religion just because you feel it is. There are no churches, no meetings, no discussion of doctrine, and there sure as shit no tax breaks. So, no, there in no religion called atheism.

Not the USA

Energy.gov

The next logical step after gasoline powered engines was hybrids. But the powers that be went to electric also. If we vested our energy on hybrids they would be most of the autos sold today. Also I really do not trust the system as W. Bush pushed hydrogen powered vehicles and as soon as the Progs took over they nixed it. I wonder what lobby did that with the Progs in charge?

Yawn. Republicans were in power for 6 out of the 8 years Bush 2 was in office. And Bush 2 was an oil man.

Sounds like every religious person I've come across in my life...
Then you should know you are absolutely no better or different than the people you choose to demonize.
Isn't self awareness great.

I'm not demonising anybody. Isn't stereotyping beyond you?
And I am better than some as are you, as some are better than me and you...

um actually we do. We don't believe in a god
What you know is you don't believe in an all powerful source of creation. What you don't know is whether your belief
is remotely correct or not.

At least as a believer in a creator I have evidence all around me every time I look up to the skies. Whereas you and your ilk?
Not so much.

Not the USA

Energy.gov

I hate those bulbs.

If you believe in God, you reject Donald Trump.

It's because I do, that I voted for Trump, just like the millions of other Christians did in this country,but you would not be able to understand why.
The Christians came out in droves including religious faiths of seclusion that never vote, but they did this last time.
We know what was at stake if the left had won in 2016.

um actually we do. We don't believe in a god
What you know is you don't believe in an all powerful source of creation. What you don't know is whether your belief
is remotely correct or not.

At least as a believer in a creator I have evidence all around me every time I look up to the skies. Whereas you and your ilk?
Not so much.

Of course my belief is correct. There is no evidence at all of a god existing. Only belief. However, what I believe in is all around me.

Interesting. I see the evidence all around me that nature is the 'creator', whereas you and your ilk? Just archaic dogma invented by humans to explain the unexplainable.

Forum List

Back