Zone1 Where do you personally Stand on abortion laws.

What is the Abortion Regulation Level you most support?

• Ban after 6 Weeks No exceptions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ban after 15 weeks, No exceptions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just monstrous and misanthropic and nihilistic. What an awful point of view.

Why stop at birth, then? Why not just kill wantonly, since everyone is better off dead as far as you are concerned? Or was that just the poor, or the racial demographics of those disproportionately targeted by Planned Parenthood et al?

Maybe clarify which groups you think should die for their own good.
It's between a woman and her doctor.
None of your business.

That's life of the mother, not health of the mother. And an ectopic pregnancy isn't a true pregnancy, so it wouldn't be an abortion anyway.

Health of the mother could mean high blood pressure, hives, or poor blood circulation.
The system in the US is called healthcare. A normal pregnancy is not hazardous to health and thus doesn't need medical intervention. When it does become a health issue, it's by being a risk to the mother, then abortion is acceptable. I would further add that if a test came back highlighting a deformed foetus, spinal bifida, down syndrome etc.. then abortion should be offered. A normal healthy pregnancy should be exempt from abortion.

So that's my vote.

The system in the US is called healthcare. A normal pregnancy is not hazardous to health and thus doesn't need medical intervention. When it does become a health issue, it's by being a risk to the mother, then abortion is acceptable. I would further add that if a test came back highlighting a deformed foetus, spinal bifida, down syndrome etc.. then abortion should be offered. A normal healthy pregnancy should be exempt from abortion.

So that's my vote.

Downs syndrome isn't a fatal deformity.

The laws in NY and CA don't define health, they just say a doctor has to sign off on it. So you get an abortion zealot doctor and they sign off on a 3rd trimester abortion of a viable fetus because the mom has hives.

Will it happen? I hope not, but the law allows for it.

Downs syndrome isn't a fatal deformity.

The laws in NY and CA don't define health, they just say a doctor has to sign off on it. So you get an abortion zealot doctor and they sign off on a 3rd trimester abortion of a viable fetus because the mom has hives.

Will it happen? I hope not, but the law allows for it.
So you're asking for votes and then telling folk they're wrong?

My vote is a combination of 1 and 3, Ban from conception with expectation to the health of the mother.

You separate health and life, I classify it as health, hence why it's called healthcare and not lifecare

I'm saying the laws in very blue States are written very loosely when it comes to defining health, and that looseness often doesn't care about the fetus being viable or not.
I'm British

Interesting though, it's a very much My Body My Choice arguement from the pro abortion side, but they demand an abortion off doctors. Can the doctors have a choice too?

Last edited:
Some prenatal tests like for Downs syndrome can't be done until 16 weeks.
I remember seeing a video of a young man with downs syndrome arguing before congress that preborn people with downs syndrome deserve life. If I were posting with something other than my phone, I would post a link. Helene has me without power and my primary source of internet.

Allow the roughly 15% of the population who are concerned (i.e;, can become pregnant), vote so that the matter will be settled.
Personally, this does not affect me.
Society makes decisions all the time about who lives or dies. In itself, this is not a question. The "abortion issue" is a fabricated socio-moral debate about the totally unique situation of having the capacity to bear children. The enormous majority would impose its choice on an exploited minority.
A woman who decides to bear a human into life decides that the human will die. No one else has such a choice, is in such a position. No one else has a valid argument for making the choice in the place of the woman.
If the father doesn't have a stake in the decision, then he shouldn't be held liable to supporting the child for 18 years after birth. In other words, the father does have a stake in the decision.

I believe in banning abortion from the moment of conception unless the child is the product of rape (and the mother is willing to assist in prosecuting the rapist) or when the LIFE (not health) of the mother is in IMMEDIATE danger.

Maybe when we humanoids make the endangered species list I'll change my stance on abortion. Until then, it's the woman's choice and nobody else's business.

That's like saying - By what legal authority does a woman claim control over a doctor to demand an abortion?
Not really. Your failure to answer, your dodging the question, speaks volumes. It means there is no lawful authority for the state to control any person's body.

Not really. Your failure to answer, your dodging the question, speaks volumes. It means there is no lawful authority for the state to control any person's body.
The answer is, they have no authority.

Equally, women and men have no authority over the church and government to demand an abortion.

But the only reason the pro-abortionists fight over that crap is, why can't women and men make their choice BEFORE intercourse? It's so basic education, knowledge, and common sense. If you don't want a baby/child, why get pregnant?

Women do have a choice, men do have a choice, but some don't have the brains on how to handle a basic simple choice. Now, is it down to "on purpose" or "stupidity/low IQ" that they find this tricky?

Now, folk jump on the incest and rape bandwagon, that is less than 1%, so it's merely a deflection to try and avoid the common sense and facts of the abortion issue.

Healthcare is for your health, a pregnancy is not unhealthy, those seeking an abortion should stop viewing healthcare as contraception.

Captain Caveman

I greatly appreciate the straight answer. So many are incapable of straight answers.

Your body is yours, mine is mine, and there is no lawful authority for the government to be involved with our individual health decisions.

Captain Caveman

I greatly appreciate the straight answer. So many are incapable of straight answers.

Your body is yours, mine is mine, and there is no lawful authority for the government to be involved with our individual health decisions.
And a normal pregnancy is not a health issue.

If your body is yours, mine is mine, then there's no lawful authority to force you to take a vaccine.

And a normal pregnancy is not a health issue.

If your body is yours, mine is mine, then there's no lawful authority to force you to take a vaccine.
A normal pregnancy IS a health issue. Poor nutrition by the mother will be bad for the baby. There was a time when the mother would die giving birth. Yes, the chances are low for a woman with good health, but that's not always the case.

A normal pregnancy IS a health issue. Poor nutrition by the mother will be bad for the baby. There was a time when the mother would die giving birth. Yes, the chances are low for a woman with good health, but that's not always the case.
If you neglect your nutrition, pregnant or not, you could create an health issue. Whilst pregnant , some crave ice cream, some feel sick, some have no issues, but they're not unhealthy. The majority of deliveries are incident free. Delivery at home was common, you can still use that option if you wish. Just in case, have a mid wife on hand. If you're at the race track in a F1 car, just in case, have a fire crew ready.

I remember a story in the paper tonks ago where this slightly larger, but not too big, woman went to the doctor and said, "Got a few pains niggling in my lower region". Within an hour, she was holding a baby". They were labour pains, and she said, "I didn't even know I was pregnant".

Forum List

Back