The huge dockworker strike. Here's what these unskilled laborers are demanding.

Pretty good pay for work a trained monkey can do. OTOH we got dumb jocks and entertainers making $100 million a year. Wages make no sense in america.

Trump gets a SAG pension and has for years.

You’re right, it doesnt’ make any sense because his best acting has been in the last few months when he has (sometimes) remembered where he was an who he was talking to for 20 minutes.

1728039853418.png

They agreed to $62 eleven hours ago.
So $125,000 a year?! (Plus I’ve heard their benefit package is tremendous as well.) Pretty greedy for a job that requires no education and can be learned in a matter of weeks.

Watch grocery prices go up even higher as a result. So these dockworkers - who with overtime can end up with $200,000 - can buy McMansions and go on luxury vacations but the regular people will be struggling even more to put food on the table.

Greedy SOBs.

I don’t know but the party that has fought it for over a generation now has won exactly one popular vote since 1988.
Popular vote doesn’t matter.

But you didn’t answer the question. Why are these docworkers demanding exorbitant pay while insisting on inefficiency and blocking progress?

It takes a special type of chutzpah to recognize you can replace by automation and then demand a big raise with a guaranteeing you will NOT be replaced with automation.

It’s a temporary agreement until Jan 15. The Dems pressured the company to do it so as to get past the election. Thus, they not only delay the consequences of a strike in the run-up to Nov 5, but if they lose, they stick Trump with it just a week into his administration.

Popular vote doesn’t matter.
Sure it does. Otherwise it wouldn’t bother you so much.
But you didn’t answer the question. Why are these docworkers demanding exorbitant pay while insisting on inefficiency and blocking progress?

It takes a special type of chutzpah to recognize you can replace by automation and then demand a big raise with a guaranteeing you will NOT be replaced with automation.
Those are fair questions.

But the strike is over until after the election. No chaos for you to crow about.

I bet that really pisses you off. I LOVE IT

It’s a temporary agreement until Jan 15. The Dems pressured the company to do it so as to get past the election. Thus, they not only delay the consequences of a strike in the run-up to Nov 5, but if they lose, they stick Trump with it just a week into his administration.
And the victim card is played immediately!!!!

I’m shocked it took you this long.

Correct and as always surada has no idea what she is talking about.

The offer moved from 50% increase over 6 years to 62% if accepted.

Surada doesn't know the difference between % and $

Correct and as always surada has no idea what she is talking about.

The offer moved from 50% increase over 6 years to 62% if accepted.

Surada doesn't know the difference between % and $
Yeah, she’s pretty ignorant.

A 62% increase over 6 years is slightly more than 10% a year. That is a TREMENDOUS amount, especially now that inflation is back to 3%. And that doesn’t account for the fact that these exorbitant new hourly wages will be paid out at 1.5x for overtime.

You can be sure that in addition to blocking progress and efficiency by insisting on no automation, these greedy workers will take their time offloading cargo so as to force a need for overtime.

We wouldn't be having all these labor problems these days if the South had won the civil war.

So $125,000 a year?! (Plus I’ve heard their benefit package is tremendous as well.) Pretty greedy for a job that requires no education and can be learned in a matter of weeks.

Watch grocery prices go up even higher as a result. So these dockworkers - who with overtime can end up with $200,000 - can buy McMansions and go on luxury vacations but the regular people will be struggling even more to put food on the table.

Greedy SOBs.

Sucks to be you.

I say good on them for getting as much as they. I know I do the same.

Forum List

Back