Where have you lived most of your life

The weather is easy enough to judge but how do you judge "the best people"?
That is kinda what took me a while to understand in the south. "Bless your heart." IN the south dont mean what it seems. But I really liked the south too.

Arkansas, Illinois, Missouri, Georgia, California, Texas, and Wisconsin.

Not necessarily in that order.

I have lived in Southern California since 1965. Before that I was everywhere. New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Florida, Virginia, indiana,, Texas, Colorado, Rhode Island, Wyoming, Oregon, Arizona, Nevada, Northern California, I may have forgotten some.

Michigan- 22 yrs
Portland, Or - 11 yrs
Arizona - Tucson and Phoenix- 6 yrs
Las Vegas - 5 yrs and current

Best weather - Vegas
Best people - Oregon.
Of youre a Republican you have been living under a rock and in an asylum.

That is kinda what took me a while to understand in the south. "Bless your heart." IN the south dont mean what it seems. But I really liked the south too.
As far as I know "bless your heart" means the same thing no matter where you go in the english speaking world. The question is how do you determine who the "best people" are? Are they mostly the same ethnic persuasion as you are or the same political affiliation or what?

As far as I know "bless your heart" means the same thing no matter where you go in the english speaking world. The question is how do you determine who the "best people" are? Are they mostly the same ethnic persuasion as you are or the same political affiliation or what?
In the south bless your heart really can mean that. But usually it means whoever says it thinks you are some sort of impaired dumb ass that needs to be coddled to avoid further damaging your dumb ass. There are really good people everywhere. So why do you want to pick a favorite?

Longest time is here in Jacksonville NC been here since sept 93 Before that as a Kid I lived mostly somewhere in Washington State with 1 year in Germany and 2 years in Texas. As a Marine California Georgia NC and Okinawa Japan.

Longest time is here in Jacksonville NC been here since sept 93 Before that as a Kid I lived mostly somewhere in Washington State with 1 year in Germany and 2 years in Texas. As a Marine California Georgia NC and Okinawa Japan.
Semper Fi, Gunny. Were you ever at MCAS El Toro?

Forum List

Back