Where is our party going? A young republicans views on the world. Agree or disagree.

Where is our party going?

As a college senior about to enter his final semester certain realities start to sink in. As these problems begin to creep into my mind I have been left with an epiphany about the Republican Party. I am a registered Republican, President of my College Young Republican chapter and believe I have a decent hold on the Republican platform. The question of our parties’ future came to me while discussing politics with some friends over drinks at our local bar. The girl to the left of me asked “Why can’t the Republicans seem to get any support from youth?” Her question came after our group of mixed political sentiments was able to reach a solid middle ground. Yes, that is correct Democrats and Republicans were able to agree on something as volatile as The Affordable Care Act. Why should that be something to celebrate over? Because it is a rarity in today’s political world. But why is it so unheard of? Considering my Republican roots I will address what I believe is our problem.
Our problem is the fringe movement within our party that refers to themselves as the “Tea Party”. I am hesitant to describe these groups as “within our party”, mostly due to a mixture within myself of denial and hope. These people are unable to conjure up enough common sense to realize that there is more than one way to accomplish a goal. Perhaps the most complex part about this to me is, the goals that they seem most fervent about are the ones that have little to no implications on their lives. I have come to this realization because, while I worry about finding a job, getting in to Law School or establishing a 401 (K) to supplement the non-existent pension I won’t receive, they are busy telling homosexuals they cannot marry. I envy those with the free time to worry about something so petty. We have entered a period in our history that cannot be compromised by concerning ourselves on whether a person arrested with a gram of pot goes away to jail.
The platform I have found that resonates best with potential Republican’s is a simple one. We do not care if gays get married; they deserve every right heterosexuals do. We do not care if a person with a few grams of marijuana doesn’t go to jail; they are overpopulated anyway and I don’t want to pay because a person got high at the wrong place. And as controversial as this sounds, we would rather see a life begin at the right time, than one be brought into this world to a parent that is not ready to care for it. if you call abortion murder, than we will call bringing that child into this world as a slow form of torture. Both analogies are equally ridiculous. Obviously opinions differ and are much more complex than I can write at this time, but the point remains that social issues aren’t even on the back-burners of our political thoughts.
If citizens in these great states wish to continue to elect politicians that hold hearings on steroids over our ever impending fiscal apocalypse, then we deserve what is coming to us. Blame the media, blame the schools, hell, blame the parents, but at the end of the day it is our current elected officials that will decide my generations future. I can no longer sit back and accept the fact that some will just accept whatever Glen Beck has said on last night’s radio show as undeniable truth. They claim that my generation is one that will ruin our country, but I strongly contend that notion with the exact opposite. If you are reading this and are steaming mad at me, yelling epiphytes at your computer screen, it is you that are hurting this country. I am a Republican; I believe is fiscal responsibility over anything else, but the conviction I hold just as close to that is social freedoms. Make no mistake, social freedom is one of the core components in which this party was founded upon and because of that I can say with all honesty those who tell others what they can or cannot do with their lives have no business calling themselves Republicans.

This is the biggest pile of crap ever. I'm not even going to pretend to take this seriously as if you're a young Republican; you're one of Jake Starkey's imaginary kids, a poseur.

Look you might think you get Liberal pussy by being a "feeling" Liberal and thinking that the Tea Party are a bunch of mean old poopyheads but take a look around, Liberal idea not only suck but suck gigantic Alaskan moosecock. Their government-centric economic model is failing in broad daylight in Europe. Unemployment is 25% in Greece and Spain. In case you're not really sure if that's good, let me tell you, that's not good. Why would you embrace an economic model that is failing? Can you tell me?

Also, these great Liberal ideas fail so hard they are abandoned by real Communists. These Liberal economic ideas you love, put you and your Liberal friends economically to the LEFT of real Communists who have joyfully embraced free enterprise.

If you're sincere, grow the fuck up, you don't have much time. But as I said when I started, I know you're full of crap

Solid Vocab my man.. I dont even know who Jake Starkey is but im gonna go ahead and do my best to adress what apears to be your high school education and/or your community college degree. I am a true Republican who believes in trickle down economics along with cutting funding for programs i dont view as neccessary. It is people like you who do more harm to our party than any dem could possibly do. I put forth a simple strategey so that we avoid losing any and all support from the youth and you strike it down because you think I am posing as a liberal on a political forum. I guess theres no way to prove that im not, so for what is worth youre going to have to take my word. I worked on the Romney campaign, I lead a group at my school that often recieves tough criticism so i need to know how to work with others. Youre not to good at that are you? Liberal Ideas are not effective, no shit, but they arent going to give up on them because you cursed them out. really tough arent we? I am a fiscal conservative, disagree, call me a liar, do what you want but only i can know my true values i guess.
I believe it is you that needs to grow up and realize that those who actually make a difference arent those who protest outside some west Kansas abortion clinic. No one of any significance really cares how you feel about those things, lifes gonna go on. I realize we cannot have adult discussion because you automatically assume im a democrat for some unfounded fiscal reason that I cant find. Please tell me more about how Im a democrat because as much as it pains you, Im more of a Republican than you ever will be. youre just some radical nut who yells at people who dont align with your personal opinions.

Where is our party going?

As a college senior about to enter his final semester certain realities start to sink in. As these problems begin to creep into my mind I have been left with an epiphany about the Republican Party. I am a registered Republican, President of my College Young Republican chapter and believe I have a decent hold on the Republican platform. The question of our parties’ future came to me while discussing politics with some friends over drinks at our local bar. The girl to the left of me asked “Why can’t the Republicans seem to get any support from youth?” Her question came after our group of mixed political sentiments was able to reach a solid middle ground. Yes, that is correct Democrats and Republicans were able to agree on something as volatile as The Affordable Care Act. Why should that be something to celebrate over? Because it is a rarity in today’s political world. But why is it so unheard of? Considering my Republican roots I will address what I believe is our problem.
Our problem is the fringe movement within our party that refers to themselves as the “Tea Party”. I am hesitant to describe these groups as “within our party”, mostly due to a mixture within myself of denial and hope. These people are unable to conjure up enough common sense to realize that there is more than one way to accomplish a goal. Perhaps the most complex part about this to me is, the goals that they seem most fervent about are the ones that have little to no implications on their lives. I have come to this realization because, while I worry about finding a job, getting in to Law School or establishing a 401 (K) to supplement the non-existent pension I won’t receive, they are busy telling homosexuals they cannot marry. I envy those with the free time to worry about something so petty. We have entered a period in our history that cannot be compromised by concerning ourselves on whether a person arrested with a gram of pot goes away to jail.
The platform I have found that resonates best with potential Republican’s is a simple one. We do not care if gays get married; they deserve every right heterosexuals do. We do not care if a person with a few grams of marijuana doesn’t go to jail; they are overpopulated anyway and I don’t want to pay because a person got high at the wrong place. And as controversial as this sounds, we would rather see a life begin at the right time, than one be brought into this world to a parent that is not ready to care for it. if you call abortion murder, than we will call bringing that child into this world as a slow form of torture. Both analogies are equally ridiculous. Obviously opinions differ and are much more complex than I can write at this time, but the point remains that social issues aren’t even on the back-burners of our political thoughts.
If citizens in these great states wish to continue to elect politicians that hold hearings on steroids over our ever impending fiscal apocalypse, then we deserve what is coming to us. Blame the media, blame the schools, hell, blame the parents, but at the end of the day it is our current elected officials that will decide my generations future. I can no longer sit back and accept the fact that some will just accept whatever Glen Beck has said on last night’s radio show as undeniable truth. They claim that my generation is one that will ruin our country, but I strongly contend that notion with the exact opposite. If you are reading this and are steaming mad at me, yelling epiphytes at your computer screen, it is you that are hurting this country. I am a Republican; I believe is fiscal responsibility over anything else, but the conviction I hold just as close to that is social freedoms. Make no mistake, social freedom is one of the core components in which this party was founded upon and because of that I can say with all honesty those who tell others what they can or cannot do with their lives have no business calling themselves Republicans.

This is the biggest pile of crap ever. I'm not even going to pretend to take this seriously as if you're a young Republican; you're one of Jake Starkey's imaginary kids, a poseur.

Look you might think you get Liberal pussy by being a "feeling" Liberal and thinking that the Tea Party are a bunch of mean old poopyheads but take a look around, Liberal idea not only suck but suck gigantic Alaskan moosecock. Their government-centric economic model is failing in broad daylight in Europe. Unemployment is 25% in Greece and Spain. In case you're not really sure if that's good, let me tell you, that's not good. Why would you embrace an economic model that is failing? Can you tell me?

Also, these great Liberal ideas fail so hard they are abandoned by real Communists. These Liberal economic ideas you love, put you and your Liberal friends economically to the LEFT of real Communists who have joyfully embraced free enterprise.

If you're sincere, grow the fuck up, you don't have much time. But as I said when I started, I know you're full of crap

Solid Vocab my man.. I dont even know who Jake Starkey is but im gonna go ahead and do my best to adress what apears to be your high school education and/or your community college degree. I am a true Republican who believes in trickle down economics along with cutting funding for programs i dont view as neccessary. It is people like you who do more harm to our party than any dem could possibly do. I put forth a simple strategey so that we avoid losing any and all support from the youth and you strike it down because you think I am posing as a liberal on a political forum. I guess theres no way to prove that im not, so for what is worth youre going to have to take my word. I worked on the Romney campaign, I lead a group at my school that often recieves tough criticism so i need to know how to work with others. Youre not to good at that are you? Liberal Ideas are not effective, no shit, but they arent going to give up on them because you cursed them out. really tough arent we? I am a fiscal conservative, disagree, call me a liar, do what you want but only i can know my true values i guess.
I believe it is you that needs to grow up and realize that those who actually make a difference arent those who protest outside some west Kansas abortion clinic. No one of any significance really cares how you feel about those things, lifes gonna go on. I realize we cannot have adult discussion because you automatically assume im a democrat for some unfounded fiscal reason that I cant find. Please tell me more about how Im a democrat because as much as it pains you, Im more of a Republican than you ever will be. youre just some radical nut who yells at people who dont align with your personal opinions.

Jake is your ideological father here, look him up. He's also a "Republican" who never has a good word to say about Conservatives and tells us our only salvation is in aiding and abetting the Neo-Marxists

I'm not interesting in attracting Moderates or independents or the yutes by becoming a fucking Liberal pussy, aka: Republican "Moderate"

I'd like to tell you I read your response, but I didn't bother.

The dramatic event in the life of a youth that turns them Conservative is when they see what the net is on their first paycheck, I got 67% of what I thought I earned, the government did not do 1/3 of my work why should they take 1/3 of what I earned? And that was a real long time ago, now the Federal government alone takes more than that.

You just want to be cool. You think we have time for you to grow up, we don't. You have no real idea how close we are to taking the advise of the Founders and hitting Ctl Alt Del twice and rebooting the whole system.

Jake is your ideological father here, look him up. He's also a "Republican" who never has a good word to say about Conservatives and tells us our only salvation is in aiding and abetting the Neo-Marxists

I'm not interesting in attracting Moderates or independents or the yutes by becoming a fucking Liberal pussy, aka: Republican "Moderate"

The dramatic event in the life of a youth that turns them Conservative is when they see what the net is on their first paycheck, I got 67% of what I thought I earned, the government did not do 1/3 of my work why should they take 1/3 of what I earned? And that was a real long time ago, now the Federal government alone takes more than that.

You just want to be cool. You think we have time for you to grow up, we don't. You have no real idea how close we are to taking the advise of the Founders and hitting Ctl Alt Del twice and rebooting the whole system.

No one takes you seriously besides the other Fundamental nut jobs who are our branch adjacent to the liberal Occupy movement. No one who will do anything for this country believes what you do. Rebooting the System? Get real, get an education and stop making our party look like blabbering fools. any person who equates moderate Republicans to Liberal Pussies obviously has no bussiness in an adult converstation.

Last edited:

Also I would like to point out a fact that I find so awesome that I am grinning ear to ear. One day youll be working whatever job you have paying some bull shit ACA tax in your paycheck that youll be bitching about to your wife then you will see me on your tv in a GOP funded ad. You wont know who I am , but youll say to yourself, I fucking hate this guys ideals but I have to vote for him because (insert liberal's name) is just so stupid. that is the day you my man will realize why people need to comprimise, so that others will take them seriously and they can actually make a difference.

Last edited:

No one takes you seriously besides the other Fundamental nut jobs who are our branch adjacent to the liberal Occupy movement. No one who will do anything for this country believes what you do. Rebooting the System? Get real, get an education and stop making our party look like blabbering fools. any person who equates moderate Republicans to Liberal Pussies obviously has no bussiness in an adult converstation.

I should teach a class in how to post on Political Boards, you poseurs are so easy to spot

I should teach a class in how to post on Political Boards, you poseurs are so easy to spot

Hey you know what they say.. Those who cant do, teach.

Just admit you're a young Democrat and stop yanking our chains

The first people you attack is the Tea party you are no Republican..you are a foolish fake

Last edited:
I don't know how young intelligent Republicans after conversing with real older Republicans can stay young intelligent Republicans.

You're in college?

Republicans feel education is for snobs.

Romney ran on a platform vowing to cut the number of teachers and increasing class size and bringing over immigrants who already have degrees.

The Republican Party platform in Texas wants to outlaw teaching "critical thinking" to children.

Many Republicans feel the earth is only thousands of years old and want that taught as science.

Now, why are you a "Republican"?

I am a Republican becuase I believe in our core values, the valuse that I am trying to return to the party. I believe in fiscal responsibility and social freedoms. You have me confused with a tea partier, which is exactly the point I am trying to make. You automatically look at me and think, that guy wants to cut education because he is a Republican. I am at an automatic disadvantage. I believe in limiting union power, not eliminating critical thinking. Education is EVERYTHING! I want to have a legitamite discussion about this and to do that you need to realize that there are sane Republican out there, even though our numbers are taking a hit. I believe we can fix this, but I cant do it alone and I cant do it with someone questioning my values due to the actions of others.

If you are really for limiting the power of the government, then kick government out of the marriage business.

There, that was easy. The only problem with this is, neither party wishes to relinquish this power and would rather divide the country in terms of which group gets to marry and which does not rather than talk about balancing budgets. I suppose polygamists will be next on the list. Then again, no one seems to care about their rights I suppose.

Next problem, the nanny state. Neither party is serious about this reducing it. In fact, they only seem to squabble over a few billion here and there in terms of spending cuts and tax increases. Considering the deficit, this is laughable.

If you try to fight for fiscal restraint, you are going to be demonized by whatever group you are trying to cut spending on. Considering that Social Security and Medicare are the two biggest offenders, it is a no win proposition as you will be made to look as if you care nothing about the poor. Meanwhile, the poor will continue to increase in number, incomes will decline, and the middle class may disappear altogether. Not to worry though, the Tea Party and GOP will still be there to blame, so all is well with the world. :D

Just admit you're a young Democrat and stop yanking our chains

The first people you attack is the Tea party you are no Republican..you are a foolish fake

The Tea Party started by people concerned with fiscal issues. They later began to squabble over social issues.

Really they are the only group of people who seemed a threat to the unconstrained beast known as the federal government, and have subsequently been successfully demonized accordingly. Nothing strikes fear in the heart of the statist than the thought of attacking the purse strings of government and limiting its ever expanding power.

As for myself, I would ask the quesiton, what has the GOP done to limit the power of the federal government in any significant way? Nothing you say? Well then, who gives a damn about the GOP? The democrats at least preach that the road to prosperity and equality and liberty comes directly from increasing the scope and power of the federal government. Therefore, they have the advantage as where the GOP has to pretend to be against these things.

Your username of YoungRepublican is a misnomer and very deceptive.

You should have used something like YoungRINO or FakeRepublican .............. :cool:

the young fake pretty much spewed all the Democrat talking points word for word if you could read all that mess

So what do you disagree with him on, Frank? You never addressed any of his issues. He said that conservative social issues are driving young people away from the party. He also said that we are on the verge of a fiscal collapse. He also said conservatives have to get out of the echo chamber. What did he say that was wrong?

When he said that the GOP has to spend less time focusing on issues like abortion, you ranted about the government taking away 1/3 of your paycheck.

The Tea Party started by people concerned with fiscal issues. They later began to squabble over social issues.

^^^^
This.

The Tea Party became just another run of the mill conservative movement. I sympathized with them when they started on too much spending. I stopped when they started talking about issues like legitimate rape.

^^^^
This.

The Tea Party became just another run of the mill conservative movement. I sympathized with them when they started on too much spending. I stopped when they started talking about issues like legitimate rape.

that was from a couple of goofs which we know all groups and both parties have them..And anyone can speak as if they belong to the Tea Party

^^^^
This.

When has the Tea Party mentioned legitimate rape?

In fact, who is the Tea Party? Does the idiot Repoublican who talked about legitimate rape represent the entire movement? Of course he does, so screw'em all, right?

Next you can defend the NAACP for calling the entire movement a bunch of racists. :badgrin:

Last edited:
Your username of YoungRepublican is a misnomer and very deceptive.

You should have used something like YoungRINO or FakeRepublican .............. :cool:

I think what we are witnessing is not the death of the GOP, rather, it is the birth of conservatism. Now the GOP is being cut assunder by conservatives who could care less about voting for them and see precious little difference between them and the democrat party.

If you disagree, name a conservative who has attained power in the GOP if any significance......ever.

After all, Bush is to blame for the likes of Obama and the conservative movement getting demonized. For you see, all they have to do is refer to "W" as a conservative and you successfully demonize an entire movement. The problem is, is that I can't think of anything conservative about the man, other than he said he opposed abortion. Well good for you George, that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing that.

Last edited:

^^^^
This.

In fact, who is the Tea Party? Does the idiot Repoublican who talked about legitimate rape represent the entire movement? Of course he does, so screw'em all, right?

Next you can defend the NCAA for calling the entire movement a bunch of racists. :badgrin:

I used that as an extreme example. Conservative social issues had permeated the Tea Party long before then.

So what do you disagree with him on, Frank? You never addressed any of his issues. He said that conservative social issues are driving young people away from the party. He also said that we are on the verge of a fiscal collapse. He also said conservatives have to get out of the echo chamber. What did he say that was wrong?

When he said that the GOP has to spend less time focusing on issues like abortion, you ranted about the government taking away 1/3 of your paycheck.

I disagree with the basic premise that he's a Republican.

Besides that everything else is fine

^^^^
This.

Next you can defend the NCAA for calling the entire movement a bunch of racists. :badgrin:

I used that as an extreme example. Conservative social issues had permeated the Tea Party long before then.

I see. So legitimate rape has permeated through the Tea Party. I guess you would agree with the NAACP that racism has permeated through the movement as well.

Forum List

Back