🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Where is the Christian compassion for immigrant children?

The deflection is yours. You're defending lawlessness and corruption. Christians don't answer to you.

I'm defending strangers in need at the gates, children no less. What you are defending is the indefensible, and the Un-American.

Who is responsible for those children being at our gates?
I don't give a damn, and nether does Jesus according to the book. He did not ask why they were naked, he command that you clothe them.

I'm defending strangers in need at the gates, children no less. What you are defending is the indefensible, and the Un-American.

I don't give a damn, and nether does Jesus according to the book. He did not ask why they were naked, he command that you clothe them.
Done.

No problem.

Fresh set of clothes, a bath, a meal, and a plane-trip right back to where they came from.

Crisis of conscience averted.

Exactly! How can I ever be expected to convert from Atheism to Christianity when faced with such hateful examples of compassion and humanity?

You... converting to Christianity... with that conversion dependent upon you getting the pliant submission you seek, in connection with immigration?

giphy.gif

Yer a funny guy...

Well, I admit conversion would be unlikely since I can't find any true Christian role models.

As a Christian, I am deeply concerned about this influx of illegal migrant children into this country. Instinctively, I smell a rat. What is it that has changed so drastically in the native countries of these kids to provoke such desperate measures. Why now? Poverty isn't something new to Latin America; and, with 33 million + of our own
impoverished American citizens, I had to really ponder the eventual outcome and subsequent effects.

Perhaps, as a nation, we should be careful about setting international precedents. If we allow illegal immigrants of any age to bypass established law and boundaries, where do we draw the line? Are we to take on all the orphans and poor children of the entire planet? If we set that precedent we are saying, yes we will!

Have you read the LAW that President George W. Bush signed in 2008?

Meanwhile, on Capitol Hill, Democrats noted that a 2008 law requires the administration to offer extensive and time-consuming procedural protections to the young illegal immigrants. "In 2008, then-President George Bush signed the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act," Rep. Bennie Thompson, ranking Democrat on the House Committee on Homeland Security, said at a hearing. "The law recognizes that special care is demanded when dealing with the young and vulnerable. Under these laws, the Border Patrol is required to take unaccompanied children who are not from Mexico into custody, screen them and transfer them to the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Refugee Resettlement."

MORE: Administration: Bush-era law requires us to slow-walk deportations | WashingtonExaminer.com

William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008

The WWTVPRA of 2008 is a comprehensive document dealing with a host of complexities. Trafficking is the main theme of that portion addressing the plight of unaccompanied alien children. Perhaps I have overlooked it, but I don't see, thus far, where anyone has established a global or general connection to trafficking regarding this latest influx. I welcome any light you might shine on that elusive point.

I did notice that provisions to repatriate "alien" children is covered in:

WWTVPRA 2008 said:
SEC. 235. ENHANCING EFFORTS TO COMBAT THE TRAFFICKING OF CHILDREN.
• (a) Combating Child Trafficking at the Border and tPorts of Entry of the United States-
• (1) POLICIES AND PROCEDURES- In order to enhance the efforts of the United States to prevent trafficking in persons, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in conjunction with the Secretary of State, the Attorney General, and the Secretary of Health and Human Services, shall develop policies and procedures to ensure that unaccompanied alien children in the United States are safely repatriated to their country of nationality or of last habitual residence.

Also, duly noted, was the provision pertaining to Special Immigration Status; whereas, when an appropriate investigation discloses information that puts a child at risk when he/she is sent back home. There may be some merit there worthy of consideration. For now the numbers are not high enough to cause real concern other than for potential health issues. When millions start to come , we will have a major problem!

See, this is why you're a fraud. Take your jesus crap and shove it up your lying ass.

As a Christian, I am deeply concerned about this influx of illegal migrant children into this country. Instinctively, I smell a rat. What is it that has changed so drastically in the native countries of these kids to provoke such desperate measures. Why now? Poverty isn't something new to Latin America; and, with 33 million + of our own
impoverished American citizens, I had to really ponder the eventual outcome and subsequent effects.

Perhaps, as a nation, we should be careful about setting international precedents. If we allow illegal immigrants of any age to bypass established law and boundaries, where do we draw the line? Are we to take on all the orphans and poor children of the entire planet? If we set that precedent we are saying, yes we will!

The WWTVPRA of 2008 is a comprehensive document dealing with a host of complexities. Trafficking is the main theme of that portion addressing the plight of unaccompanied alien children. Perhaps I have overlooked it, but I don't see, thus far, where anyone has established a global or general connection to trafficking regarding this latest influx. I welcome any light you might shine on that elusive point.

WWTVPRA 2008 said:
• (a) Combating Child Trafficking at the Border and tPorts of Entry of the United States-
• (1) POLICIES AND PROCEDURES- In order to enhance the efforts of the United States to prevent trafficking in persons, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in conjunction with the Secretary of State, the Attorney General, and the Secretary of Health and Human Services, shall develop policies and procedures to ensure that unaccompanied alien children in the United States are safely repatriated to their country of nationality or of last habitual residence.

Also, duly noted, was the provision pertaining to Special Immigration Status; whereas, when an appropriate investigation discloses information that puts a child at risk when he/she is sent back home. There may be some merit there worthy of consideration. For now the numbers are not high enough to cause real concern other than for potential health issues. When millions start to come , we will have a major problem!

Well, I commend you for at least reading some of it. That's more than most wingnut righties would do.

Most of all, remember this part: "The law recognizes that special care is demanded when dealing with the young and vulnerable. Under these laws, the Border Patrol is required to take unaccompanied children who are not from Mexico into custody, screen them and transfer them to the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Refugee Resettlement."

Exactly! How can I ever be expected to convert from Atheism to Christianity when faced with such hateful examples of compassion and humanity?

You... converting to Christianity... with that conversion dependent upon you getting the pliant submission you seek, in connection with immigration?

giphy.gif

Yer a funny guy...

Well, I admit conversion would be unlikely since I can't find any true Christian role models.

Jesus is your role model, dumb ass. You're no better than any other sinner, you arrogant fraud.

So, are liberals denying this is a political stunt by this adminstration, or are they dumber than all of us have thought?

WWTVPRA 2008 said:

Well, I commend you for at least reading some of it. That's more than most wingnut righties would do.

Most of all, remember this part: "The law recognizes that special care is demanded when dealing with the young and vulnerable. Under these laws, the Border Patrol is required to take unaccompanied children who are not from Mexico into custody, screen them and transfer them to the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Refugee Resettlement."

Why do you protect and lie for Obama?

Because I have reading comprehension and I never intentionally lie. What about you?

These are the domestic enemies our founders warned about. They hate and lie.
"...against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

The trick, of course, is not to go overboard with that, either, but, when The Enemy manifests itself so clearly, and identification is so easy, the duty to counter is also readily apparent.

Last edited:
Nope. What you're doing is condoning lawlessness and a corrupt administration who is using children. You don't even have enough honesty to quote me fully. You're a liar.

I don't have to quote you fully to quote you accurately, and I always quote accurately.

You're dishonest, a liar, and a coward. Who is responsible for those children being at our gates?

Our government has now put our citizens in the position to where some of them are now protesting against little kids on buses. Our Government because their weak policy on immigration has sent a message to every third world country, they need not apply legaly , just overwhelm the system and you get to stay.

Its not those kids fault, not at all that they had to travel many hindreds of miles. Its our government for failing to uphold the laws on the books. being so lax on border security.

Its Obama its Bush its Clinton all of them for so long. Those kids were basicaly set up by
our government's weak ass policies. Obama talks tough but doesnt mean it and everyone knows it. So now our citzens get to be the bad guys if they protest.
Because our leaders do not do the job at point of the border. It was never suppossed to get this far.

After we take these kids in, then everyone in Latin america knows its ok to send more. It sounds compassionate. Or does it? now these kids are all orphans separated from their families?

The countries they are from will continue to be poor. Th eanswer is for those people over there to FIX their government. Just like HERE.

So are all the extremist liberals willing to take in 100 million poor kids from India? and take care of them. You have to, they have the same right to be here as guatemalans do.
they are no less deserving and if you deny them it makes no sense.

The key is simply legal immigration. they have to apply and come here legaly and if they can get refugee status legaly, thats fine!
But if you allow them to flood our system you will continue to open the flood gate by encouraging them as we have already done.

Because I have reading comprehension and I never intentionally lie. What about you?

Obama is responsible for those children being at the border. Obama is responsible for this. Why do you lie and protect him?

The trick, of course, is not to go overboard with that, either, but, when The Enemy manifests itself so clearly, and identification is so easy, the duty to counter is also readily apparent.

Yes, domestic. Did you read the 2009 Homeland Security Report?

The Biggest Threat to America is the GOP's Domestic Right Wing Extremists

I suppose we all could come up with our own agenda driven sources, Lakhota. :rolleyes:

I suppose we all could come up with our own agenda driven sources, Lakhota. :rolleyes:

There is only one DHS - created by Bush. There is no doubt that domestic right-wing extremists remain the greatest threat to American security.

2009 DHS Report: Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment

You're the biggest threat to America. You're gonna get your asses kicked in a few months.

Forum List

Back