Where would we be if Trump were president?

Which restrictions? You know production is up under Biden, right? Approaching record high levels.
Production is up and even records are being set. That is not the same as keeping up with demand.

Are you mentally retarded or something? Here is the national gas prices until Trump left office:

July $2.10
August $2.10
September $2.20
October $2.10
November $2.10
December $2.10
January 2021 $2.20

This is normal fluctuation for all fuel. Unless you're drinking a lot tonight, gas prices were steady the last six months of the Trump presidency. They didn't start increasing until the dementia patient started his anti-energy crusade once he invaded the White House.

You picked July because you are lying. There is no other explanation.

Those are MONTHLY numbers and there is a clear increase in prices, even if prices were flat for a while in 2020

And what CAUSES those prices? 80% of that price is crude costs.

Here is what crude prices looked like before Biden got into office:

uk-brent-crude-oil-monthly-price-development.jpg

If you can't see huge crude price growth between April 2020 and and Jan 2021 then there is something very wrong with your eyesight.

You realize that's on the private sector, right? The president doesn't control that.
Are you saying that a Presidential policy and/or executive order in the form of regulations has no impact on the private sector? Do explain.

Are you saying that a Presidential policy and/or executive order in the form of regulations has no impact on the private sector? Do explain.

It can but I asked you which Biden restrictions lowered production and you didn't post any. My only read on that is you can't back your words.

It can but I asked you which Biden restrictions lowered production and you didn't post any. My only read on that is you can't back your words.
I answered the question by acknowledging that production is up yet not meeting with demand. MORE production is needed. The anti-oil crowd believes that US oil companies solely set the prices with disregard to the global marketplace. Cutting leases, shutting down exploration, drilling fee increases, climate change fees…. All of these actions sends a collective message to the global markets that the US Government is anti-oil.

I answered the question by acknowledging that production is up yet not meeting with demand. MORE production is needed. The anti-oil crowd believes that US oil companies solely set the prices with disregard to the global marketplace. Cutting leases, shutting down exploration, drilling fee increases, climate change fees…. All of these actions sends a collective message to the global markets that the US Government is anti-oil.

See what I mean? "Up yet not meeting demand" didn't actually reveal any impact by any regulations.

But now you mention some things, without any specificities, but still...

Cutting leases [didn't impact production]

shutting down exploration [didn't impact production]

drilling fee increases [that's been proposed, I didn't see where it passed]

climate change fees [is a bland statement which doesn't identify any specific regulation]

See what I mean? "Up yet not meeting demand" didn't actually reveal any impact by any regulations.

But now you mention some things, without any specificities, but still...

Cutting leases [didn't impact production]

shutting down exploration [didn't impact production]

drilling fee increases [that's been proposed, I didn't see where it passed]

climate change fees [is a bland statement which doesn't identify any specific regulation]
You keep arguing production. I am arguing price; in particular, the global market perception and impact on price. You can have record production but if the global market perceived the policies or agenda to be restrictive short and long term, prices will increase and remain high.

You keep arguing production. I am arguing price; in particular, the global market perception and impact on price. You can have record production but if the global market perceived the policies or agenda to be restrictive short and long term, prices will increase and remain high.

Um, that's because production affects the price. But since you seem to admit the president doesn't affect production, then you admit Biden's policies didn't affect the price.

Um, that's because production affects the price. But since you seem to admit the president doesn't affect production, then you admit Biden's policies didn't affect the price.
Nope. Production affects price, Government Regulation affects price (Presidential Policy) and Global Market affect price. Production is not the sole determinant of price.

Profits are much better with pipelines. That's why they invested in it in the first place. No need to transport oil at a higher cost when you have the ability to transport oil and a much lesser cost.
They will increase production to fill the pipeline (if it ever gets built) and still use the trains to make more profits. Just like they did before.

You picked July because you are lying. There is no other explanation.

Those are MONTHLY numbers and there is a clear increase in prices, even if prices were flat for a while in 2020

And what CAUSES those prices? 80% of that price is crude costs.

Here is what crude prices looked like before Biden got into office:

uk-brent-crude-oil-monthly-price-development.jpg

If you can't see huge crude price growth between April 2020 and and Jan 2021 then there is something very wrong with your eyesight.

I chose July because that's where Trump's last six months started. Gasoline held a steady price during that entire time. Your chart is more evidence on my side. Gasoline and oil increased when Dementia got in. Dementia was certified by Congress January 7th, now look at your chart and my source.

What you fail to understand is that fuel is a commodity, as such it's controlled by commodity investors. The market is often referred to as the futures market meaning that it's invested in down the road and not what's happening at the moment. Therefore when it was reasonably clear that this anti-energy candidate was going to take over by late November, commodity investors reacted immediately. At that time we were not short one barrel of oil, but it doesn't matter in that market. What matters to investors is what's going to happen down the road. Let me give you an example:

My broker called me and asked if I wanted to get out of a trade to sell cattle in the early 2000's. I liked the trade I was in so I didn't take her advice. At the time, two cattle were found to have hoof and mouth disease. Now, no cattle outside those two were effected, but the market dropped 8 points. I could have made a killing. The point is that it doesn't matter how many cattle we had at the time. Speculators sold cattle predicting the market was going to drop quickly, and it did. That's how that market works.

If you own one contract of oil, every time it changes by $1.00 a barrel, you make or lose $1,000. The earlier you get in, the more big bucks you make. As your chart shows, the people who got in early after realizing Dementia was the winner, they made about 10K for one contract in a months time. Oil is a big money trade so a lot of us small timers stay out of it. These people don't trade one contract at a time, they trade 10, 20, 30 or more at a time. So snoozers lose big bucks if they don't react fast enough. That's what happened to the oil market at the end of Trump's term.

The media that suppressed the Hunter Biden story effectively changed the course of America, and not in a good way. What would have been different if the media had been honest?

1) We would still be energy independent, and gas prices would be substantially lower, along with everything else dependent on transportation - like groceries.

2) The illegals would still be in Mexico, and not using limited resources - like baby formula - that Americans need.

3) Inflation would be lower, albeit still raised, since the last “print money” scheme otherwise deceptively called the infrastructure bill would not have happened.

4) We would not have abandoned thousands of Americans to the Taliban.
Putin would be on Poland and Germany's borders.

Are you mentally retarded or something? Here is the national gas prices until Trump left office:

July $2.10
August $2.10
September $2.20
October $2.10
November $2.10
December $2.10
January 2021 $2.20

This is normal fluctuation for all fuel. Unless you're drinking a lot tonight, gas prices were steady the last six months of the Trump presidency. They didn't start increasing until the dementia patient started his anti-energy crusade once he invaded the White House.
According to the chart you posted, 2.379 was the price during the last week of Trumps presidency. The lowest week was 1.773 the last week in April 2020. That's when prices started to rise.

They will increase production to fill the pipeline (if it ever gets built) and still use the trains to make more profits. Just like they did before.
I agree. There would be a small increase in global oil supply though. But the environmental cost of shale would be increasing global warming too, and crops and cows are harder to grow

The average for April 2020 was 1.93. That's around the time oil went negative. Even your weekly chart shows that. It's been a positive slope since then.

What are you talking about? I just posted the price of gasoline for the last six months of Trump's term. Gasoline was steady with some small fluctuations which is normal. It was between $2.10 to $2.20.

Forum List

Back