Where's That $4000 Raise Republicans Promised Workers?

This thread shows that all the whining about the debt by "fiscal conservatives" is fake. They only care about tax cuts, national debt be damned.

Neither Party cares about the Debt. The Swamp Creatures who run both Parties, are addicted to spending other peoples' money. It is what it is.
Can't argue against that. I just wanted to highlight that the right caring about the debt is a myth. I guess nowadays it is more a disagreement about where that debt money goes.

I don't know where you get your data....but I whine about debt all the time.

Nobody seems to really care.

S.S. and Medicare are sucking up more and more.

Our kids are totally screwed.

But we worry about to much other crap.

Excuse me, but SS and Medicare are paid into and are sucking nothing out of the government. I get SS and guess what? Even it is taxed. I worked from age 19 until I retired and paid into SS and Medicare every one of those years. SS has a surplus and would have even more if the GOP didn't rob from it to fund the Iraq war. And they never paid it back.

I think you have no idea what you're talking about. Go back a couple years into DumBama, and you will see he reduced the employee and employer deductions for SS on every working person and company in the US for a period of time. I don't know what that could have cost us, but I'm sure it was quite a bit.

Now it's Education Time. From one of your very own, Politifact:

Did George W. Bush 'borrow' from Social Security to fund the war in Iraq and tax cuts?
Bush hid expenses, Obama was honest about it.
Obama Bans Gimmicks, and Deficit Will Rise

This thread shows that all the whining about the debt by "fiscal conservatives" is fake. They only care about tax cuts, national debt be damned.

Neither Party cares about the Debt. The Swamp Creatures who run both Parties, are addicted to spending other peoples' money. It is what it is.
Can't argue against that. I just wanted to highlight that the right caring about the debt is a myth. I guess nowadays it is more a disagreement about where that debt money goes.

It's unfortunate how older generations put it all on a tab for their children to pay for. I'm blaming the uncaring on baby boomers doing tons of drugs and suffering from lead poisoning.

Wheels, there is a lot of truth to that. Nobody ever expected more for giving and doing less than boomers!

Not so much democrat workers? Are we at the point in history where left wingers acknowledge that "democrat workers" have evolved into the the angry burger flippers and grape pickers that democrats claim to represent?

Excuse me, but SS and Medicare are paid into and are sucking nothing out of the government. I get SS and guess what? Even it is taxed. I worked from age 19 until I retired and paid into SS and Medicare every one of those years. SS has a surplus and would have even more if the GOP didn't rob from it to fund the Iraq war. And they never paid it back.

I think you have no idea what you're talking about. Go back a couple years into DumBama, and you will see he reduced the employee and employer deductions for SS on every working person and company in the US for a period of time. I don't know what that could have cost us, but I'm sure it was quite a bit.

Did George W. Bush 'borrow' from Social Security to fund the war in Iraq and tax cuts?

Every dollar Bush spent was budgeted by Congress and hit the deficit and debt.

The deficit rose because of the spending, not because any gimmick was ended.

Sure we will just take your word for it :link:

Show me how a Bush gimmick hid any expenses and I'll be happy to show you your error.

Where's That $4000 Raise Republicans Promised Workers?

Sorry you missed getting yours, Jackass. I guess nobody told you you have to make a good living in order to get a good refund! Or did you think those $4000 were all going to go to welfare people and those like you making $10.50 an hour? Besides, Nancy said such refunds were UNPATRIOTIC and I know you WANT to be a good patriotic. You deserve NOTHING.

Show me how a Bush gimmick hid any expenses and I'll be happy to show you your error.

When Republicans in Congress passed a big, fat tax break bill in December, they insisted it meant American workers would be singing “Happy Days Are Here Again” all the way to the bank.

The payoff from the tax cut would be raises totaling $4,000 to $9,000, the President’s Council of Economic Advisors assured workers.

But something bad happened to workers on their way to the repository. They never got that money.

In fact, their real wages declined because of higher inflation. At the same time, the amount workers had to pay in interest on loans for cars and credit cards increased. And, to top it off, Republicans threatened to make workers pay for the tax break with cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

Where’s that $4,000 Raise the GOP Promised Workers?

The “workers” are still waithing for their healthcare to grow down by $2,500 per year. Plus, the “workers” have more and better paying jobs vs. that guy as McCain would say.

It's unfortunate how older generations put it all on a tab for their children to pay for. I'm blaming the uncaring on baby boomers doing tons of drugs and suffering from lead poisoning.

Wheels, there is a lot of truth to that. Nobody ever expected more for giving and doing less than boomers!

Baby boomers were the beneficiaries of a great deal.

It's unfortunate they elected politicians who did what they wanted instead of doing what was right.

S.S. used to be a great platform to run on.

Now, boomers are so addicated to it......there is no way it is being revelutionaized any time soon.

We boomers only expected what was promised to us. Shows what happens when you trust government.

We boomers only expected what was promised to us. Shows what happens when you trust government.

S.S. was never supposed to be a person's primary retirement vehicle. Of course, the poor could live much better on what the wealthy will get while they (the poor will get little).

Great fucking system.

Really? You are going to use this pathetic piece from the NYT to support your case? I used Politifact, a very leftist fact checking source and even they admitted Bush didn't do anything any other President did. He didn't hide anything.

Bush ran up massive debt, but DumBama doubled what Bush ran up.

Really? You are going to use this pathetic piece from the NYT to support your case? I used Politifact, a very leftist fact checking source and even they admitted Bush didn't do anything any other President did. He didn't hide anything.

Bush ran up massive debt, but DumBama doubled what Bush ran up.

Both Bush and Obama were not helped by entitlements.

S.S. was never supposed to be a person's primary retirement vehicle. Of course, the poor could live much better on what the wealthy will get while they (the poor will get little).

Great fucking system.

You only get what you pay into. The only thing boomers are expecting is just that. SS is a forced deduction system. It's a program that you must be in whether you like it or not. Trust me, I would have rather had my money in a secure conservative growth account than SS that barely gains any interest at all.

You guys have used government for low taxes with govt benefits for years and ran up the debt. Time to be responsible and pay your way for once.

Great fucking system.

You only get what you pay into. The only thing boomers are expecting is just that. SS is a forced deduction system. It's a program that you must be in whether you like it or not. Trust me, I would have rather had my money in a secure conservative growth account than SS that barely gains any interest at all.

Not entirely true. If that were the case, it would be a personalized system. Which it isn't.

Those who created it, fucked our children.

Forum List

Back