Where's That $4000 Raise Republicans Promised Workers?

I don't know where you get your data....but I whine about debt all the time.

Nobody seems to really care.

S.S. and Medicare are sucking up more and more.

Our kids are totally screwed.

But we worry about to much other crap.
It's unfortunate how older generations put it all on a tab for their children to pay for. I'm blaming the uncaring on baby boomers doing tons of drugs and suffering from lead poisoning.

Wheels, there is a lot of truth to that. Nobody ever expected more for giving and doing less than boomers!

We boomers only expected what was promised to us. Shows what happens when you trust government.

Actually boomers as a whole believe they are owed far more than they put in, far more.

I don't know where you get that idea; at least with Republican boomers. From my discussions, we always thought SS was a ripoff, and Medicare has been ripping off healthcare providers for many years. That's one of the main reasons our private health insurance is so high.

Medicare is being ripped off by health care providers Ray.

Bush hid expenses, Obama was honest about it.

Every dollar Bush spent was budgeted by Congress and hit the deficit and debt.

Obama Bans Gimmicks, and Deficit Will Rise

The deficit rose because of the spending, not because any gimmick was ended.
Sure we will just take your word for it :link:

Show me how a Bush gimmick hid any expenses and I'll be happy to show you your error.

Show me how a Bush gimmick hid any expenses and I'll be happy to show you your error.

has banned four accounting gimmicks that President George W. Bush used to make deficit projections look smaller.

Projections? LOL!
You see your error yet?

As for war costs, Mr. Bush included little or none in his annual military budgets, instead routinely asking Congress for supplemental appropriations during the year.

Supplemental appropriations. You see your error yet?
Still all words from you and no links to refute this link of truth:

Words from your link that point out your confusion.

It's unfortunate how older generations put it all on a tab for their children to pay for. I'm blaming the uncaring on baby boomers doing tons of drugs and suffering from lead poisoning.

Wheels, there is a lot of truth to that. Nobody ever expected more for giving and doing less than boomers!

We boomers only expected what was promised to us. Shows what happens when you trust government.

Actually boomers as a whole believe they are owed far more than they put in, far more.

I don't know where you get that idea; at least with Republican boomers. From my discussions, we always thought SS was a ripoff, and Medicare has been ripping off healthcare providers for many years. That's one of the main reasons our private health insurance is so high.

Not nearly as much as Medicare is ripping off them. Typically, Medicare and Medicaid pay about 2/3 of billed services from providers. Providers then raise their rates on everybody (because that's the law) and our insurance companies have to make up that loss.

It's not a real problem for a $150.00 doctor visit, but a huge problem for a 100K surgery and lengthy hospital stay. In fact, some facilities are refusing all new government patients. They simply can't take the loss any longer.

Not nearly as much as Medicare is ripping off them. Typically, Medicare and Medicaid pay about 2/3 of billed services from providers. Providers then raise their rates on everybody (because that's the law) and our insurance companies have to make up that loss.

It's not a real problem for a $150.00 doctor visit, but a huge problem for a 100K surgery and lengthy hospital stay. In fact, some facilities are refusing all new government patients. They simply can't take the loss any longer.

Because the $150,000 Bill was inflated by 50,000 to rip of medicare/caid.

No, it's because the law states you cannot have different prices for different entities. If you charge 150K for one, you have to charge 150K for all. The price increase was to make up for losses because of government. Why do you suppose when a facility closes down, it's usually in a lower income area? That's right, because most patients in lower income areas are government patients. There are not enough private pay or private insured patients to make up those losses.

As the baby boom generation ages, more and more will be using government to provide their healthcare, and that means even more losses, which of course means even higher insurance premiums for younger folks.

Health insurance companies have been increasing premiums for many years now, yet government never raised employee deductions. Didn't you ever ask why? After all, most of us use the most medical care after retirement, yet the people who pay for most of our healthcare (government) has had steady deductions for decades with no increases.

No, it's because the law states you cannot have different prices for different entities. If you charge 150K for one, you have to charge 150K for all. The price increase was to make up for losses because of government. Why do you suppose when a facility closes down, it's usually in a lower income area? That's right, because most patients in lower income areas are government patients. There are not enough private pay or private insured patients to make up those losses.

As the baby boom generation ages, more and more will be using government to provide their healthcare, and that means even more losses, which of course means even higher insurance premiums for younger folks.

Health insurance companies have been increasing premiums for many years now, yet government never raised employee deductions. Didn't you ever ask why? After all, most of us use the most medical care after retirement, yet the people who pay for most of our healthcare (government) has had steady deductions for decades with no increases.

If you had health care insurance you would know that the insurance provider is the one that is negotiating the cost of things down. For instance was looking at a bill the other day, something that the Dr. Was charging $250 for was negotiate down to less than $36. That is how insurance companies make money.

I am currently working at a Cleveland Clinic facility and we had to take a day and a half getting the contractors tools and equipment cleaned up and put away. Why because a government adult was going to be down and the facility said that they get 70% of there money from the government.

I asked how is that possible and the Clinic staffer said because the Government doesn't negotiate things down like private insurance does. And they always pay. Once again Ray-Ray you spout off not knowing a damn thing what you are talking about. Get some health insurance and you might then know!

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

If you had health care insurance you would know that the insurance provider is the one that is negotiating the cost of things down. For instance was looking at a bill the other day, something that the Dr. Was charging $250 for was negotiate down to less than $36. That is how insurance companies make money.

I am currently working at a Cleveland Clinic facility and we had to take a day and a half getting the contractors tools and equipment cleaned up and put away. Why because a government adult was going to be down and the facility said that they get 70% of there money from the government.

I asked how is that possible and the Clinic staffer said because the Government doesn't negotiate things down like private insurance does. And they always pay. Once again Ray-Ray you spout off not knowing a damn thing what you are talking about. Get some health insurance and you might then know!

Oh, I must have spent ten years in medical for nothing then. After the hundreds of meetings, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Yes, they do negotiate down "at times" but everybody must be billed the same; that's the law. My father (now 87 years old) has had dozens of procedures and surgeries, and he himself admitted to Medicare only paying part of the bill. He has supplementary insurance so it's not a big deal for him, but even at his age, he reads and understands everything.

As a cash payer, I try to get them down myself. But at first, they give me the price of the office visit, lab tests or whatever. Then we discuss payment options, price and so on. I have to see a financial counselor before each visit.

Doctors limit new Medicare patients - USATODAY.com

Eight years of bad economics policy under Obama does not justify continued bad economics under Trump. It would be as good as saying it's okay to beat your wife because the guy before you beat her too.

Except the bad 8 years under Obama is a lie.

Actually, when I had surgury it was my doctor's office that negotiated things down. The hospital wanted to charge $80,000 for thesurgeries, but they negotiated the price down to $40,000.

Oh, I must have spent ten years in medical for nothing then. After the hundreds of meetings, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Yes, they do negotiate down "at times" but everybody must be billed the same; that's the law. My father (now 87 years old) has had dozens of procedures and surgeries, and he himself admitted to Medicare only paying part of the bill. He has supplementary insurance so it's not a big deal for him, but even at his age, he reads and understands everything.

As a cash payer, I try to get them down myself. But at first, they give me the price of the office visit, lab tests or whatever. Then we discuss payment options, price and so on. I have to see a financial counselor before each visit.

Medicare does not negotiate like an insurance company does. The insurance company gets same procedures done for pennies on the dollar Medicare doesn't negotiate near as much. Ray you are wrong.

Actually, when I had surgury it was my doctor's office that negotiated things down. The hospital wanted to charge $80,000 for thesurgeries, but they negotiated the price down to $40,000.

Yes lobotomise are expencive. Get your money back, they botched it and took way too much.

Medicare does not negotiate like an insurance company does. The insurance company gets same procedures done for pennies on the dollar Medicare doesn't negotiate near as much. Ray you are wrong.

Correct, Medicare and Medicaid do not negotiate, they just gyp the provider of the charge. They pay X and that's the end of the story.

Correct, Medicare and Medicaid do not negotiate, they just gyp the provider of the charge. They pay X and that's the end of the story.

Exactly Ray they pay the ridiculous rate the health care providers throw at them.

S.S. was never supposed to be a person's primary retirement vehicle. Of course, the poor could live much better on what the wealthy will get while they (the poor will get little).

Great fucking system.

You only get what you pay into. The only thing boomers are expecting is just that. SS is a forced deduction system. It's a program that you must be in whether you like it or not. Trust me, I would have rather had my money in a secure conservative growth account than SS that barely gains any interest at all.

Not entirely true. If that were the case, it would be a personalized system. Which it isn't.

Those who created it, fucked our children.

Yes they did, but when people are forced to pay into a program, they only want what was promised to them for participating whether it was optional or not. Yes, I want my SS check when I retire in a few years. Why would I pay into a system and not want anything back? That would be stupid.

But because I understood that it won't be enough to live on, I've had an IRA for over 20 years. I invested in real estate and provided I can continue being a landlord in my upcoming years, my rental income will assist in what I collect on SS and my IRA.
You are smart. I'm a landlord too. Would you consider it fair that boomers take a cut to ss considering the massive govt debt they have ran up? Why should future generations have to pay for your debt?

Don't know what Ray said but no it would not be fair to cut ss for boomers. Most will never see a return for what they paid into the system.

S.S. was never supposed to be a person's primary retirement vehicle. Of course, the poor could live much better on what the wealthy will get while they (the poor will get little).

Great fucking system.

You only get what you pay into. The only thing boomers are expecting is just that. SS is a forced deduction system. It's a program that you must be in whether you like it or not. Trust me, I would have rather had my money in a secure conservative growth account than SS that barely gains any interest at all.

Not entirely true. If that were the case, it would be a personalized system. Which it isn't.

Those who created it, fucked our children.

Yes they did, but when people are forced to pay into a program, they only want what was promised to them for participating whether it was optional or not. Yes, I want my SS check when I retire in a few years. Why would I pay into a system and not want anything back? That would be stupid.

But because I understood that it won't be enough to live on, I've had an IRA for over 20 years. I invested in real estate and provided I can continue being a landlord in my upcoming years, my rental income will assist in what I collect on SS and my IRA.
You are smart. I'm a landlord too. Would you consider it fair that boomers take a cut to ss considering the massive govt debt they have ran up? Why should future generations have to pay for your debt?

Don't know what Ray said but no it would not be fair to cut ss for boomers. Most will never see a return for what they paid into the system.

Not true.

Many will see more than what they put into it.

Exactly Ray they pay the ridiculous rate the health care providers throw at them.

No they don't, that's the problem. The rest of us make up for it.

Eight years of bad economics policy under Obama does not justify continued bad economics under Trump. It would be as good as saying it's okay to beat your wife because the guy before you beat her too.

Actually, we have had a strong economy for the last ten years

Forum List

Back