Zone1 Which God?

Nine years ago, I discovered I didn't really need the person I believed to be my best friend. She passed away. I tell you this, not to change your mind about you lack of belief in God and your total belief God is not necessary, but to perhaps provide insight into people of faith. Technically, I cannot claim to be a person of faith, as I do know, absolutely, God is. We won't go into that, and there is no proof, anyway. People of faith understand the very same things I say by faith alone.

Let's start with my atheist husband. He points out that, technically, all atheists are agnostic because a negative cannot be proven. The reason he has never pursued faith is because at a young age he decided even if there is a God, he wants to go through this life without any help from God. He wants to do it on his own. He knows of my experiences, believes them, but adamantly does not want the same for himself. He joked that he wanted to go through this life without crutch. I grinned and responded, "No you are like the who decides to travel on foot. Meanwhile, I am like the person who hops on a bike or even a plane and will meet up with you. My husband and I are each content with our own mission, and content to encourage the other on theirs.

God is not a crutch. A better analogy is that a connection with Him is like a plant who is connected to additional water and fertilizer. I am a better plant with God.

With the death of my best friend, I not only lost her, but the part of myself I was when we were together. Since I cannot get my friend back, and I cannot truly get that part of me back, either. If I were to to walk away from God, I would be walking away from another part of me.

We can all live just fine if we were to lose a non-essential body part. But most would agree if we had that part, there are added benefits and abilities to what we can personally do or achieve, even if we can get along without it just fine. Encourage people in their faith, while continuing to relate your own journey.
That’s a nice little story but it doesn’t prove there’s s god. If you get a buzz from it, knock yourself out.

"Proof" is what you consciously ignore, to suit your consummate arrogance and conceit. When the day of reconning comes, you will weep bitter tears but it will be too late. We will weep for you in your misery.

Meanwhile, life here on earth is more miserable for you atheists who marry less, give less of everything, including your blood and your volunteer time, than people of faith. So yours is a lose/lose position and you will never be able to blame anyone else for your misery now and forever.

Atheists have the lowest retention rate of any religion, and it has been so adjudicated by the Supreme Court. So your cries avail you nothing.

Religious retention rates.png

A favorite challenge/throwdown by atheists is "Which God?", giggle, giggle.

I compiled the first answer I have ever seen. Please offer your suggestions
to add.

Which God?

“In God We Trust” – The Motto of the United States, found on every coin and every bill of currency

“God and My Right” – The Motto of Great Britain

Nature’s God, cited in America’s Declaration of Independence:

“When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation. “

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

“We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by the Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, . . . .And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.”

The U.S. Constitution was signed as follows:

“Done in convention by the unanimous consent of the states present the seventeenth day of September in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty seven and of the independence of the United States of America the twelfth.”

Named in the Supreme Court Opening Prayer: “God bless this honorable court”.

“No human society has ever been able to maintain both order and freedom…apart from the moral precepts of the Christian religion applied and accepted by all the classes.” – John Jay, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and Founding Father

“The Christian religion, in its purity is the basis and the source of all genuine freedom in government.” – Noah Webster

“The general principles on which the Fathers achieved independence were the only principles in which that beautiful assembly of young gentlemen could unite …the general principles of Christianity.” – John Adams

“If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper; but if we and our posterity neglect its instructions and authority, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us and bury all our glory in profound obscurity.” – Daniel Webster

“Our Constitution was made only for a religious people. It is wholly inappropriate for the government of any other.” - John Adams

The consensus of humanity, as Christians constitute the largest group in the world. Consensus is relentlessly cited as “proof” of Darwinian evolution, as “proof” of climate change, but strangely it is pooh-poohed by those consensus folks when it comes to Christianity.

The Holy Bible is the best-selling book of all time.

"I say unequivocally that the evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ is so overwhelming that it compels acceptance by proof which leaves absolutely no room for doubt!" - Sir Lionel Luckhoo, listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the most successful attorney in history

“If you were to take the sum total of all authoritative articles ever written by the most qualified of psychologists and psychiatrists on the subject of mental hygiene--if you were to combine them and refine them and cleave out the excess verbiage if you were to take the whole of the meat and none of the parsley, and if you were to have these unadulterated bits of pure scientific knowledge concisely expressed by the most capable of living poets, you would have an awkward and incomplete summation of the Sermon on the Mount. And it would suffer immeasurably through comparison. For nearly two thousand years the Christian world has been holding in its hands the complete answer to its restless and fruitless yearnings. Here . . . rests the blueprint for successful human life with optimum mental health and contentment.” - A Few Buttons Missing: The Case Book of a Psychiatrist, by James T Fisher

Oxford University 1096 :

“The Lord is my light”

Harvard 1650:

Whereas
through the good hand of God…

Brown University 1764:

Motto: In Deo Speramus, Latin for “In God We Trust”

Princeton University

Motto: “Dei sub numine viget”, Latin for “Under God’s Power She Flourishes”

University of Pennsylvania

“…hoping through the favour of Almighty God,”

"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries." ~Dr. Robert Jastrow

“In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.” – Genesis 1:1, validated by science only in the 20th Century
You dismiss all the other gods simply because the only gods you know are the gods typically associated with the geographic region you were born in.

BTW, science in the 20th century never validated supernaturalism at the hands of your alleged gods.

There is a fundamental difference between religion, which is based on authority, and science, which is based on observation and reason. Science will win because it works.”
― Stephen Hawking

I am no more fundamentalist when I say evolution is true than when I say it is true that New Zealand is in the southern hemisphere. We believe in evolution because the evidence supports it, and we would abandon it overnight if new evidence arose to disprove it. No real fundamentalist would ever say anything like that.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

"Proof" is what you consciously ignore, to suit your consummate arrogance and conceit. When the day of reconning comes, you will weep bitter tears but it will be too late. We will weep for you in your misery.

Meanwhile, life here on earth is more miserable for you atheists who marry less, give less of everything, including your blood and your volunteer time, than people of faith. So yours is a lose/lose position and you will never be able to blame anyone else for your misery now and forever.

Atheists have the lowest retention rate of any religion, and it has been so adjudicated by the Supreme Court. So your cries avail you nothing.

View attachment 711154

On the other hand;

America's Christian majority is facing steep declines

Christianity remains the majority religion in the United States, as it has been since the country's founding, but it's on the decline.

A new study from the Pew Research Center shows that America's Christian majority has been shrinking for years, and if recent trends continue, Christians could make up less than half the U.S. population within a few decades.

View attachment 711154

“Atheists have the lowest retention rate of any religion,…”

Atheism is not a religion. You religious extremists seem to have a difficult time understanding terms and definitions.

View attachment 711154

that's the proof of the desert religions as recorded history of their persecution and victimization of the innocent by the crucifiers and liars they represent. c e.

That’s a nice little story but it doesn’t prove there’s s god.
I already said that. The point of the story was an attempt to explain why those who do believe in God remain faithful. Those who seek but do not find God assume that those who did seek and did find must be making it all up. Your own experience has not been the experience of all.

I already said that. The point of the story was an attempt to explain why those who do believe in God remain faithful. Those who seek but do not find God assume that those who did seek and did find must be making it all up. Your own experience has not been the experience of all.
Exactly what did you find?
Salvation which you cannot quantify, forgiveness for you continually sinning and Salvation from something you don't know??

Wow. You found heaps.

Salvation which you cannot quantify, forgiveness for you continually sinning and Salvation from something you don't know??

Wow. You found heaps.

Smart-aleck answers, condescension, pretension, arrogance and bitterness are your findings and practices.

With all the grandiose claims of superiority and goodness you claim:
1. There is not ONE atheist hospital in America, or anywhere else I dare say,
2. There is not ONE atheist university in the world,
3. There is not ONE atheist orphanage,
4. There is not ONE atheist soup kitchen for the poor,
5. NO PRISONER IN HISTORY ever walked out a free man and proclaimed, "I have found atheism and it has changed my life, turned me around, given me hope! Not one.

"Every thinking man is an atheist." - Ernest Hemingway

This "thinking man" went on to put his shotgun barrel into his mouth and pull the trigger in his living room, not thinking for a moment about his wife finding his gruesome mess and the poor people who would clean up his addled atheist brains.

You found heaps.

Smart-aleck answers, condescension, pretension, arrogance and bitterness are your findings and practices.

5. NO PRISONER IN HISTORY ever walked out a free man and proclaimed, "I have found atheism and it has changed my life, turned me around, given me hope! Not one.

This "thinking man" went on to put his shotgun barrel into his mouth and pull the trigger in his living room, not thinking for a moment about his wife finding his gruesome mess and the poor people who would clean up his addled atheist brains.

You found heaps.

there is not one - abrahamic neanderthal's found in the heavens either ...

- especially those that have accused atheist of having any less regards for the living than anyone else. c e.

Wow. You found heaps.
None of the above. I let the afterlife look after itself.
You wouldn't be interested in my discoveries.

None of the above. I let the afterlife look after itself.
You wouldn't be interested in my discoveries.
There again, how can you possibly know there is an afterlife?

Because you cant know that I assume your experiences have the same accuracies.

Books have been written by people who have died and seen paradise and returned to tell about it. Books and articles have been written by physicians and individuals who have seen paradise and told about their experiences.

A Harvard professor was an atheist before he died and saw paradise personally. He is no longer an atheist.

Atheist denial is pretentious, scurrilous, hopeless, and destructive here and particularly hereafter.

Books have been written by people who have died and seen paradise and returned to tell about it. Books and articles have been written by physicians and individuals who have seen paradise and told about their experiences.

A Harvard professor was an atheist before he died and saw paradise personally. He is no longer an atheist.

Atheist denial is pretentious, scurrilous, hopeless, and destructive here and particularly hereafter.
I dispute each and every ridiculous statement you said.
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

But if it's comforting to you,
knock yourself out.

I dispute each and every ridiculous statement you said.
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

But if it's comforting to you,
knock yourself out.

The testimony of witnesses is evidence in any court in this country. That you "dispute" anything is utterly irrelevant. The pettiness and condescension of godless leftists such as you are as unintelligent as they are destructive.

The Irrational Atheist by Vox Day and Illogical Atheism by Bo Jinn, two former militant atheists just like you, should be on your reading list. Unfortunately, you are immune to learning and thinking.

You can lead an atheist to facts, but you cannot make him think.

Books have been written by people who have seen the Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot.

Religious extremists tend to be gullible and easily persuaded because they have a need to believe their fears and superstitions are warranted.

There again, how can you possibly know there is an afterlife?

Because you cant know that I assume your experiences have the same accuracies.
But I do know.
As I already said, you would not be interested in the experience because you are content in your own belief there is no afterlife. Let it go at that, but remember people have different experiences which guide them to different beliefs. You solely trust your own experiences, which is not a bad thing, only limiting.

The testimony of witnesses is evidence in any court in this country. That you "dispute" anything is utterly irrelevant. The pettiness and condescension of godless leftists such as you are as unintelligent as they are destructive.

The Irrational Atheist by Vox Day and Illogical Atheism by Bo Jinn, two former militant atheists just like you, should be on your reading list. Unfortunately, you are immune to learning and thinking.

You can lead an atheist to facts, but you cannot make him think.

There's no need to imply atheists and democrats are linked in any way. The same old insinuation of low intelligence is another crutch you use to justify your religious delusions.

Since your quoting books.

The God delusion by Richard Dawkins.

Why god is not great but Christopher Hitchens.

Let me know when you finish them and I recommended some more.

and many have just died -

1666053126470.png

by the hands of the desert fanatics ... to not return till paradise is rendered, planet earth - as the triumph over religious zealots. liars and murderers.

You found heaps.

1. What, exactly, is an “atheist hospital”? Would that be a hospital that uses medical science to cure disease as opposed to using prayer, reading tea leaves, rattling bones?

2. What, exactly, is a an “atheist university”? Religious extremists tend to launch themselves into these saliva-slinging tirades using terms that literally make no sense.

3. What, exactly, is an “atheist orphanage”?

4. What, exactly, is a “religious soup kitchen” as opposed to an “atheist soup kitchen”? As usual, religious extremists tend to flail about, pronouncing their loathing and revulsion for the non-religious while their rants make no sense.

5. It’s actually quite common for criminals to “find Christianity” while in prison… in the hope that Parole boards will be swayed by such nonsense.

Do lecture us heathen infidels on our godless ways. Just make sure you keep your hands off of little boys.

Forum List

Back