Which is more evil: government or corporate America

Which is more evil: government or corporate America?

• Government

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Corporate America

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • They are equally evil

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
Evil is not a word I would used to describe either one of them. I'd say that Corporations are more self-serving/selfish, but I wouldn't call them 'evil' because of that. Some corporate leaders have a lack of empathy for individuals who are not in the upper levels of management. Government's main purpose is to protect and serve the people, the problem is that there is too much money, lust for power and partisan b.s. that are stifling the government's effectiveness to provide that service. Government is often wasteful, corrupt, redundant and filled with pork used to gain enough favor to get a bill to pass into law.

I'd say both have their good and bad points, but I wouldn't say either are evil.

I say government has a greater potential for evil doing simply because they make laws that can literally ruin a country. Corporations are supposed to be kept honest by fair rules and regulations. If they are not, it falls on government for not creating fair laws and enforcing them.

The Federal and State Governments are doing everything corporations do but on a grander scale, and they affect more people.

I think its a scary thought to have corporate America to have unchecked power. People on the top tier there would sacrifice anything they can for the sake of profit. Can you imagine the damage they could do to society if they weren't limited by any government Legislation? That's why we need the EPA, FDA, TSA, FAA etc.

The government can do some damage with misguided legislation, but the entity itself still serves a greater purpose, which is law and order.

They're equally corrupt. Evil? Well, I'm reading a book on the new breed of billionaire, the 1% and the .01% worldwide. I actually have earned a level of respect for them in that almost all new billionaires are "working billionaires," not people who inherited a shitload of money, but started from zero, many of them (some were born of privilege).

It's too complex and it's a story still being written in this era of revolution economically. One thing that DOES piss me off is how they buy our politicians to do their bidding to rig the laws in their favor.

many of them are also sociopaths..true story

Republicans are fed a false narrative about how government persecutes business.

This is false

because

business owns government, and they have transformed it into a subsidy and bailout machine.

They fund elections and staff government.

Business has built a trillion dollar a year lobbying industry in order to influence policy.

Post-Reagan business IS centralized power. Money is centralized power.

Many large corporations now spend more money buying politicians than on R&D.

Business IS Government.

(Who do you think protects the overseas supply chains of large corporation? Answer: the Pentagon ergo the tax payer. John Galt is thew biggest welfare queen in history)

Read me if you want to learn about how business has transformed government into a nanny state that serves the wealthy at the expense of everyone else.

The game is over

Last edited:
Eisenhower had wanted to include 'political' in the military/industrial complex speech title...
:eusa_eh:
Hagel quotes Eisenhower, cites fiscal pressures in major policy speech
April 3rd, 2013 - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel quoted President Dwight D. Eisenhower Wednesday, telling rising military officers "the wise and prudent administration of the vast resources required by defense calls for extraordinary skill."
In his first major policy speech since taking over the Pentagon, Hagel focused on the budget problems facing the Defense Department and the rest of the government. "A combination of fiscal pressures and a gridlocked political process has led to far more abrupt and deeper reductions than were planned for or expected. Now DoD is grappling with the serious and immediate challenge of sequester - which is forcing us to take as much as a $41 billion cut in this current fiscal year," Hagel said at the National Defense University at Fort McNair. He warned that much of the burden of that fiscal pressure will fall on defense employees. "Fiscal realities demand another hard look at personnel - how many people we have (military and civilian), how many we need; what these people do, and how we compensate them for their work, service, and loyalty with pay, benefits and health care," Hagel said.

The secretary warned that furloughs could have an impact in the Pentagon. "Across-the-board reductions of the size we are looking at will demand that we furlough civilian personnel, which could affect morale and may impact productivity." But Hagel said the answer is not, as is often proposed, running the Defense Department like a business. "The military is not, and should never be, run like a corporation. But that does not mean we don't have a good deal to learn from what the private sector has achieved over the past 20 to 30 years." Hagel is concerned about the growing percentage of the department's budget that goes toward troop and employee pay and health care. "DoD could transform from 'an agency protecting the nation to an agency administering benefit programs.'" Budgets weren't the only topics Hagel discussed. The secretary told the audience he had a long conversation with China's new defense minister, Gen. Chang Wanquan. "I think we can continue to build a strong relationship with China, with our differences. And there are significant differences. But there are too many common interests for both our countries. ... I think the Chinese have shown their leadership to be steady, wise, careful," Hagel said.

He also discussed threats posed by North Korea. "They have nuclear capacity now. They have missile delivery capacity now. And so as they have ratcheted up her bellicose, dangerous rhetoric - and some of the actions they've taken over the last few weeks present a real and clear danger and threat to the interests, certainly of our allies, starting with South Korea and Japan; and also the threats that the North Koreans have leveled directly at the United States regarding our base in Guam, threatened Hawaii, threatened to the West Coast of the United States," Hagel said. "As secretary of defense, and I think beginning with the president of the United States, and all of our leaders, we take those threats seriously," said Hagel.

In spite of the concern about fiscal issues, Hagel reminded officers in the audience that the Defense Department's main goal remains protecting the country. "The goal of the senior leadership of this department today is to learn from the miscalculations and mistakes of the past drawdowns, and make the right decisions that will sustain our military strength, advance our strategic interests and protect our nation well into the future."

Source

Well, since corporations have to provide goods or services to get people to voluntarily exchange their money for them, and the government takes our money by the use of force, it's pretty obvious which one is a greater evil (assuming either is evil at all)

Corporations cannot force us to do anything to benefit them. Politicians can.

If it is a fact that one serves the other than draw your own conclusion, not hard. Government feeds off the other, so without one you don't have the other. For myself, a job with a fair and just wage with the ability to enjoy the fruits of my labor and God given talents fails to support the concept of an uncontrolled expansive government which attempts to control my life and freedom.

Corporate America is amoral, which is not the same thing as evil.

Government, at least in theory, aims to promote justice. Assuming that's the case, the prize for "more evil" would have to go to the corporations. It's all relative, I suppose.

Why is it polls like this are stacked to where if you give an answer it plays into the theme of the thread? It appears you really don't want an honest opinion.

Which is more evil: government or corporate America?
Corporations employ people who work so they can support themselves.
Governments support people who don't want to work so they can let others support themselves.
This isn't too hard.

They walk hand in hand and the relationship between the two is incestuous.

I think its a scary thought to have corporate America to have unchecked power. People on the top tier there would sacrifice anything they can for the sake of profit. Can you imagine the damage they could do to society if they weren't limited by any government Legislation? That's why we need the EPA, FDA, TSA, FAA etc.

The government can do some damage with misguided legislation, but the entity itself still serves a greater purpose, which is law and order.

The question is flawed imho or at least you need a fourth option on your poll which should be: "Neither"

Neither institution is intrinsically evil. Either can be good or evil depending upon the individuals involved.

So we have unchecked Corporate power (which can be bad) and misguided independent Gov't legislation (which can be bad).

However, the true evil is when the two forces join together and you have regulation that's written directly by the corporations. I think this should be our main concern above all.

Assigning terms like "evil" in situations like this is a little ridiculous.

Neither the government nor corporations are "evil".

wrong. Government has the authority to use guns. Everything it does is based on the use of force. That is inherently evil.

BULL - SHIT - son... BULL - SHIT... our government is concerned with ONE THING and ONE THING ONLY nowadays... and that's MONEY, as in thieving it from us any way they can and LINING THEIR FUCKING POCKETS!

Take your pick, read any one of the stories in this search...

https://www.google.com/webhp?source....r_qf.&bvm=bv.44770516,d.b2I&biw=1343&bih=615

Last edited:

Forum List

Back