Which is more evil: government or corporate America

Which is more evil: government or corporate America?

• Government

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Corporate America

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • They are equally evil

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
Support public funding of elections and get the buying and selling of our representitives' votes out of the system
No more super pacs, no more millions donated by one source/huge cooperations, cap donations at $100, and shoot lobbyists on sight.

There's nothing wrong with lobbyists as long as they're dealing in information. It's when what they're doing is tied to campaign contributions that the problems start. Even if you cap contributions, they'll get around it by bundling.
Lobbyists are the biggest problem there is in Washington. They are the ones showing up with suitcases full of cash buying corrupt politicians. Dry up the money and cronyism and Washington might stand a chance. If business continues as usual, America will implode, we will see a second Civil or Revolutionary war, and soon, within the next five years, possibly even before obama is gone.

Last edited:
'
It seems to me that there is little difference between government and the monopoly corporations.

They are both run by the same people for the same goals, using the same Brainwashing Machine.

As we know though, the gov't is run by people who get elected. People who get elected need to get $ for campaigning, and (more often than not) that money comes from special interests and corporations (especially in the larger elections).

The problem with the OP is that the real problem is not with either of these two forces individually, but instead when they team up as ONE.

Which is why I said "in theory." In practice you always get corruption. It's just a question of how much.

Sure sure, but the point I'm making is that I think corporations prefer to have gov't regulations set in place (sorry, might be going off topic). Nothing is more powerful than a law that basically makes one entity more profitable (by virtue of the state), while the other entities (their competition) become less profitable. That's 100% where our problem lies.

No rules means unlimited competition, and according to John D. Rockefeller, is "a sin".

In a capitalist economy, no rules means the exact opposite of unlimited competition. The system devolves into a monopoly and implodes on itself.

(Not sure if that's what John Rockefeller meant, but it's just what we all have to deal with.)

I think its a scary thought to have corporate America to have unchecked power. People on the top tier there would sacrifice anything they can for the sake of profit. Can you imagine the damage they could do to society if they weren't limited by any government Legislation? That's why we need the EPA, FDA, TSA, FAA etc.

The government can do some damage with misguided legislation, but the entity itself still serves a greater purpose, which is law and order.

BULL - SHIT - son... BULL - SHIT... our government is concerned with ONE THING and ONE THING ONLY nowadays... and that's MONEY, as in thieving it from us any way they can and LINING THEIR FUCKING POCKETS!

Take your pick, read any one of the stories in this search...

https://www.google.com/webhp?source....r_qf.&bvm=bv.44770516,d.b2I&biw=1343&bih=615

Support public funding of elections and get the buying and selling of our representitives' votes out of the system

No need for that, all we need to do is restrict political funding to the district the individual represents, that would eliminate 99% of corporate influence.

Corporations cannot force us to do anything to benefit them. Politicians can.

You are a blind fool if you really believe this. The government is the last bastion of leverage normal people have against the private sector... well had before they were completely bought out by mega corporations. Have you not even been paying attention? Monsanto just WROTE its own unconstitutional legislation to become above the law. They pulled this off with NO public or judicial review of the legislation. They have been unconstitutionally patenting seeds and suing small farmers when their GMO tainted poison blows into their adjacent fields. They are buying up all the seed companies and trying to kill off the bees and there is NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT since they OWN our governmnent. If you don't think that is evil and dangerous, well, there is no hope for you.

You cannot be this stupid.

Are you below having a mature, intelligent conversation? Are you so insecure that you have to call me stupid for no good reason to feel better about yourself? Seriously its pathetic. It's also cowardly, because I am willing to bet you wouldn't say this crap to my face. The internet is so convenient isn't it?

If you think this question truly makes sense in THIS society?

Well, like I already stated, I do not believe you can be as stupid as that question suggests.

But, Billy anything I write to people, I'd be more than happy to say to their faces.

Youre so full of shit

Forum List

Back