Which is more evil: government or corporate America

Which is more evil: government or corporate America?

• Government

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Corporate America

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • They are equally evil

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
Corporate America is amoral, which is not the same thing as evil.

Government, at least in theory, aims to promote justice. Assuming that's the case, the prize for "more evil" would have to go to the corporations. It's all relative, I suppose.

As we know though, the gov't is run by people who get elected. People who get elected need to get $ for campaigning, and (more often than not) that money comes from special interests and corporations (especially in the larger elections).

The problem with the OP is that the real problem is not with either of these two forces individually, but instead when they team up as ONE.

Government, at least in theory, aims to promote justice. Assuming that's the case, the prize for "more evil" would have to go to the corporations. It's all relative, I suppose.

As we know though, the gov't is run by people who get elected. People who get elected need to get $ for campaigning, and (more often than not) that money comes from special interests and corporations (especially in the larger elections).

The problem with the OP is that the real problem is not with either of these two forces individually, but instead when they team up as ONE.

Like obama and Solyndra, or obama and GE, or obama and, and, and...

The main difference is that you can vote out a government. Corporations are another thing entirely. The people with the largest stake and the greatest ability to insulate themselves from bad effects, also have the most votes.

The main difference is that you can vote out a government. Corporations are another thing entirely. The people with the largest stake and the greatest ability to insulate themselves from bad effects, also have the most votes.

Voting in Amerika is a joke.

see how the right hates the government our founders left us.

they want this government dead

Like obama and Solyndra, or obama and GE, or obama and, and, and...

Yes, there are many Obama examples (with the most significant being Obamacare in my opinion), however the Republicans - lol - are also very, very guilty of this as well because incidentally they are funded by special interest groups as well.

If we want better gov't regulations then we'll need new parties, period. The existing two have been pillaged so deeply by corporate interests that there's really no true substance left. We need independent people.

Last edited:
The OP is nonsense.

The regulatory bodies he cites actually benefit corporate-cronyism by using the government to squash competition and protect the cronies from consumers.

The stated purpose of a corporation is to maximize shareholder value, and they will readily admit that. When they behave in a way I don't like, I choose another option. Bingo.

The government does what it does supposedly in the best interests of we the people. Not only that, but they do it with our money. When they lie right to my face, they're doing it under the claim that they're doing it in my interest. And when they behave in a way I don't like, I can only wait until the next election and then I can only hope (along with my one vote) that they get voted out.

Two very different situations.

Last edited:
In this countrys government gives us the RIGHT to police the corporations.

every time we deregulate they screw the people

Really? Where does it saw that in The Constitution?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I think its a scary thought to have corporate America to have unchecked power. People on the top tier there would sacrifice anything they can for the sake of profit. Can you imagine the damage they could do to society if they weren't limited by any government Legislation? That's why we need the EPA, FDA, TSA, FAA etc.

The government can do some damage with misguided legislation, but the entity itself still serves a greater purpose, which is law and order.

BULL - SHIT - son... BULL - SHIT... our government is concerned with ONE THING and ONE THING ONLY nowadays... and that's MONEY, as in thieving it from us any way they can and LINING THEIR FUCKING POCKETS!

Take your pick, read any one of the stories in this search...

https://www.google.com/webhp?source....r_qf.&bvm=bv.44770516,d.b2I&biw=1343&bih=615

Support public funding of elections and get the buying and selling of our representitives' votes out of the system

I think its a scary thought to have corporate America to have unchecked power. People on the top tier there would sacrifice anything they can for the sake of profit. Can you imagine the damage they could do to society if they weren't limited by any government Legislation? That's why we need the EPA, FDA, TSA, FAA etc.

The government can do some damage with misguided legislation, but the entity itself still serves a greater purpose, which is law and order.

BULL - SHIT - son... BULL - SHIT... our government is concerned with ONE THING and ONE THING ONLY nowadays... and that's MONEY, as in thieving it from us any way they can and LINING THEIR FUCKING POCKETS!

https://www.google.com/webhp?source....r_qf.&bvm=bv.44770516,d.b2I&biw=1343&bih=615

Support public funding of elections and get the buying and selling of our representitives' votes out of the system
No more super pacs, no more millions donated by one source/huge cooperations, cap donations at $100, and shoot lobbyists on sight.

I'm less worried about campaign donations - just make them all public.

The real issue, imo, is the revolving door of politicians and government bureaucrats going into the private sector (usually as lobbyists) with fat comp packages. Forbid pols and government employees for working as lobbyists or lawyers for 5 years after leaving public service (or tax their incomes for such work at 90%).

Which is why I said "in theory." In practice you always get corruption. It's just a question of how much.

No more super pacs, no more millions donated by one source/huge cooperations, cap donations at $100, and shoot lobbyists on sight.

There's nothing wrong with lobbyists as long as they're dealing in information. It's when what they're doing is tied to campaign contributions that the problems start. Even if you cap contributions, they'll get around it by bundling.

Truth - It now costs Senators and Representatives tens of millions of dollars to get elected each cycle; where do you think all that $ comes from?

And if a Senator is essentially sponsored by a corporation, don't you think he/she might craft regulation that unfairly favors his/her donors?

Here's the thing, no regulation is much less worse than regulation that's designed to skew the odds in the favor of the big donors. I know you have good intentions but don't forget this, please!

Last edited:

There's nothing wrong with lobbyists as long as they're dealing in information. It's when what they're doing is tied to campaign contributions that the problems start. Even if you cap contributions, they'll get around it by bundling.

Wrong. Lobbyists and the revolving door enable the cronyism.

Which is more evil: government or corporate America

You cannot be this stupid.

Are you below having a mature, intelligent conversation? Are you so insecure that you have to call me stupid for no good reason to feel better about yourself? Seriously its pathetic. It's also cowardly, because I am willing to bet you wouldn't say this crap to my face. The internet is so convenient isn't it?

If you think this question truly makes sense in THIS society?

Well, like I already stated, I do not believe you can be as stupid as that question suggests.

But, Billy anything I write to people, I'd be more than happy to say to their faces.

Which is why I said "in theory." In practice you always get corruption. It's just a question of how much.

Sure sure, but the point I'm making is that I think corporations prefer to have gov't regulations set in place (sorry, might be going off topic). Nothing is more powerful than a law that basically makes one entity more profitable (by virtue of the state), while the other entities (their competition) become less profitable. That's 100% where our problem lies.

No rules means unlimited competition, and according to John D. Rockefeller, is "a sin".

Forum List

Back