Which of these looks more like the other?

I think the former CSA states flags all ought to be forced to have a signia that remind us that they once BETRAYED THEIR NATION.

The people of the South never swore allegiance to the Union, dumbshit.

I think the former CSA states flags all ought to be forced to have a signia that remind us that they once BETRAYED THEIR NATION.

I disagree The Southern States FREELY joined under the Constitution. That means they had recourse other then armed rebellion to leave the Union. They had no legitimate excuses for dissolving the Union as they still had recourse through Congress and the Courts. Further the main complaint was frivolous as Lincoln had no intent or power to end slavery. The Congress did not have the votes to end it either.

Further the South not the North resorted to armed conflict by attacking the Fort in South Carolina and calling up armed militias when the US had done no such similar act.

I disagree The Southern States FREELY joined under the Constitution. .

That has nothing to o with the FACT that other than military Union officers, no one in the South ever took an oath of loyalty to the US federal government prior to the Civil War.

Forum List

Back