Which President Are You Like?

Ronald Reagan - he made us proud!

In my house the pictures on the walls are the pictures of those whom I love.

But I have a picture of Ronald Reagan and Pope John Paul II in my den, where visitors hardly ever enter and no explanation is needed.

Although the poll was anything but clear, the President I most identify with is Ronald Reagan.

In February 1993 I made a trip to Homestead, FL to help to rebuild after Hurricane Andrew.

I met a bunch of about 200 Lutheran corn farmers from the Quad Cities are of Iowa and Illinois. Their leader was a young minister who was overjoyed with the fact that the new President, Bill Clinton, finally would put the legacy of the war monger Reagan in the grave. He bad-mouthed Reagan in a way that I thought was totally unbecoming of a man of the cloth.

We had our arguments. We agreed to disagree.

A couple years later I was going to go for another trip to Homestead and thought that along the way I would look up my new friend the Reverend in the Quad cities. When I reached his office I was told that he was transferred by the Church to another location.

So I drove to his new location. Entering city limits I was gratified to see the city's slogan proudly displayed: Dixon, Childhood home of President Ronald Reagan.

God works in mysterious ways.

P.S.

In the summer of 2004 I drove 800 miles and stood in line in the National Mall for about four hours, and paid my respects to President Reagan under the dome of the Rotunda.
It was my good luck that while I was there the change of the guard occurred. I have yet to see anything more moving and beautiful and dignified by the military.

When it was time to relinquish our queue for the thousands behind us, I was approached by a comely CNN reporter for an interview. An edited and shortened version was shown the same evening on CNN and a tape of it was mailed to me later.

You may hear it otherwise, but I am fully convinced that President Reagan was responsible for the long overdue demise of the most destructive and depressive regime in the history of the world, the Soviet Union.

In 2007 I visited the Reagan Presidential library in Simi Valley.

OK, call me Reagan fan.

He brought dignity and integrity to the Oval Office. I don't know that we will see that again--not to the same degree --which I believe is important.

I try to imagine --President Chris Christie--he would speak with clarity and conviction--roll up his sleeves and get to work--which might be just the right touch. Not difficult to imagine President Hilary Clinton--perhaps finally achieving her goal she would speak more softly.
not difficult to imagine President Jeb Bush--some sort of combination of Bush 1 and Bush 2.

I came in as Reagan but in a real test other than food choices I would come in much closer to Calvin Coolidge.

I've done polls before and learned that I would be most like 'JFK'--certain that I answered questions differently--before engaging in vigorous debates in conservative forums. Learned that lower taxes---good for the economy and all that. Decades of teaching must have led to the JFK like responses. Sold on ideals/saving the world.

I don't feel the same now. 'Some help'--but not enough to create victims.

Get yourself together and go for it. Go USA!!

Check the link and take the quiz...

I came out ...John F. Kennedy

You live a fairy tale life that most people envy.
And while you may have a few dark secrets, few people know them.

The linkski>>>What Modern US President Are You Most Like?
There's no way I could have ever been Obama. :blsmile:

I'm much to smart, honest, pretty and white. :eusa_dance:

"People tend to think you're a god - or that you almost ruined the country.
But even if people do disagree with you, they still fall victim to your charms!"

Last edited:
I also fancy this butterfly ...

of a President too... after Ronald..

what....

Ich bin my dears..... yes ich bin.....

yes

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pjn5E6yOKo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pjn5E6yOKo[/ame]

Forum List

Back