🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Which Republican Party won the midterms?

:lol: So we don't have a list of TPM members in Congress, but the TPM is going to be the tiny tail that wags the huge dog. :lol:

Those above who believe this most recent election is a sign that extreme conservatism is the be all, end all panacea for all that is wrong with our country may soon suffer the consequences of a government which can not govern.

If the adults in the GOP cannot control the radical element, and the radical element gets their way, chaos will reign.
Thanks for the advice, loser.
  • It's not advice, it's an informed opinion based on the words of the Crazy New Right and the adults in the GOP. Stupid dogmatic people like S.J. (stupid jerk?) seem to be incapable of understanding a simple distinction.
  • If the SJ were capable of writing a clear and concise opinion on what will be the GOP Agenda he might have some relevance. He does not, he's simply a cheer leader from something he cannot understand.
  • Sad.

Those above who believe this most recent election is a sign that extreme conservatism is the be all, end all panacea for all that is wrong with our country may soon suffer the consequences of a government which can not govern.

If the adults in the GOP cannot control the radical element, and the radical element gets their way, chaos will reign.
And of course it's that very extreme conservatism that is the root cause of many of this Nation's problems.

No, it's extreme bipartisanship that is the root cause, and the liberal retards like yourself own just as much of that as the conservative retards

Here we go, one more opinion based on bias and ignorance - bipartisanship in its basic form is called compromise, and worked well until Newt Gingrich turned the process into a zero sum game.

Thomas E. Mann is a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution. Norman J. Ornstein is a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute. They are the co-authors of “It’s Even Worse Than It Looks: How the American Constitutional System Collided With the New Politics of Extremism.”

All of those who have embraced the politics of extremism ought to read this link below. You are the people are parents warned us about, and my dad fought against in WWII.

Even if you're one of the many willfully ignorant, take a moment to read this article and think. It's written by adults for adults, so to those extremists who feel they know everything take the risk, cognitive dissonance isn't fatal and what doesn't kill you may make you smarter.

Which Republican Party won the midterms - The Washington Post
The politics of hate and division on full display,it cost them big yet still pushing the same old shit.
Comparing the Republican victory,to ww2 is beyond rational,you have now moved into the to be ignored from now on group,what a fucking asshole!!!

Dems, if you like your Senate majority, you can keep it. Period

Here we go, one more opinion based on bias and ignorance - bipartisanship in its basic form is called compromise, and worked well until Newt Gingrich turned the process into a zero sum game.

Oh ... You mean when the opposition party actually opposed the legislation instead of negotiating the degree to which we all got screwed. When "zero sum gain" means we don't let Progressive Liberals control the dialog and pass destructive legislation ... Then the opposition party is doing its job.

Like the argument about comprehensive immigration reform was started by the Democrats to address the things they wanted and demanded from the Republicans. Now the President threatens to do even worse if the Republicans don't provide him with what he wanted in the first place.

The leader of the opposition party should tell the President to go fuck himself ... And remind the President that Congress writes legislation, not the White House. If he wants to resign and go back to the Senate ... That wouldn't bother me much.

Our Founding Fathers were 'Extremists.' They were also 'Terrorists.' I mean, how dare they preach just Taxation and Independence. And then REVOLUTION?! OMG, what were they thinking? Bunch of Tea Party loons!

Yeah, if not for 'Extremists' & 'Terrorists', our Nation would not exist. So im sorry, but i won't be taking the time to read this piece. It's Bullshite.

Dems, if you like your Senate majority, you can keep it. Period

:dance:

Now that the GOP has both houses, we can look for ward to two more years of absolutely nothing being done:

"After soaking up all the glory of the 2014 GOP wave, the editors of the conservative National Review issued a stern warning to Republicans: getting too much done could come back to haunt you.
National Review said the idea that Republicans now need to prove their ability to govern is bad politics. The editors mocked Sen. John Thune (R-SD), the No. 3 Republican in the Senate, for urging the GOP to work on issues like immigration reform, trade, and corporate tax reform."

National Review Warns GOP Governing Is A Trap

And yet, they claim that democrats are obstructing...

Now that the GOP has both houses, we can look for ward to two more years of absolutely nothing being done:

"After soaking up all the glory of the 2014 GOP wave, the editors of the conservative National Review issued a stern warning to Republicans: getting too much done could come back to haunt you.
National Review said the idea that Republicans now need to prove their ability to govern is bad politics. The editors mocked Sen. John Thune (R-SD), the No. 3 Republican in the Senate, for urging the GOP to work on issues like immigration reform, trade, and corporate tax reform."

'Do-Nothing Congresses' are good. Americans need to get out of the mind-set that Government always needs to be doing something. Our Government actually needs to do less. We don't need more Government in our lives. We already have too much of that. It's all about damage control now. The less they do, the better off the Nation will be.

And of course it's that very extreme conservatism that is the root cause of many of this Nation's problems.

No, it's extreme bipartisanship that is the root cause, and the liberal retards like yourself own just as much of that as the conservative retards

You have done nothing but blather on in this way the entire thread as I read it, or what I cared enough to read. This whole "I'm informed and you're not" routine you have going is even more arrogant than the usual tripe and drivel you drool all over this board.

Good work.

And Think-Tanks are way overrated. They often convince our Government to commit some awful blunders. It's best to ignore them.

Tissue?

Thanks for the advice, loser.
  • It's not advice, it's an informed opinion based on the words of the Crazy New Right and the adults in the GOP. Stupid dogmatic people like S.J. (stupid jerk?) seem to be incapable of understanding a simple distinction.
  • If the SJ were capable of writing a clear and concise opinion on what will be the GOP Agenda he might have some relevance. He does not, he's simply a cheer leader from something he cannot understand.
  • Sad.
I'm sure glad you are here to lead the Republican Party. We see how well you've done with your OWN.

You have done nothing but blather on in this way the entire thread as I read it, or what I cared enough to read. This whole "I'm informed and you're not" routine you have going is even more arrogant than the usual tripe and drivel you drool all over this board.

Good work.

LOL If you weren't a member of the idiot fringe you would be insulted by the other two members of the idiot fringe who gave you credit for an insipid ad hominem.

I am informed, that does not mean nor do I mean to suggest my conclusions and ideas are without flaws. The idiot fringe actually believes they know THE TRUTH, yet most of them post nothing but "ain't it awful"; the two who praised you are as dumb as a box of rocks.

Good work.

LOL If you weren't a member of the idiot fringe you would be insulted by the other two members of the idiot fringe who gave you credit for an insipid ad hominem.

I am informed, that does not mean nor do I mean to suggest my conclusions and ideas are without flaws. The idiot fringe actually believes they know THE TRUTH, yet most of them post nothing but "ain't it awful"; the two who praised you are as dumb as a box of rocks.

Forum List

Back