White bread Company gives more cash to conservatives than the Koch Brothers

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
No wonder I hate white bread.

Company gives more cash to conservatives than the Koch Brothers | MSNBC

States’ rights, Ronald Reagan, and…Wonder Bread?

As it turns out, the maker of the iconic, doughy white bread has a strong political leaning to the right—even stronger than their more visible brother in conservatism, Koch Industries.

Flowers Food, the Georgia corporation that makes Wonder Bread and Nature’s Own products, has given more than 99% of its contributions to Republicans since 1979, according to the New York Times.

Time to boycott Wonder bread boys and girls. White bread is crap anyway. Dump that doughy white bread people... it's not good for you anyway.

You can not make a proper peanut butter, mayonnaise, banana and potato chip sandwich without Wonder bread and even the best plain peanut butter and jelly sandwich is made with Wonder.

You can not make a proper peanut butter, mayonnaise, banana and potato chip sandwich without Wonder bread and even the best plain peanut butter and jelly sandwich is made with Wonder.

The idea of a peanut butter and strawberry preserve sandwich on anything but white bread makes my skin crawl.

That sandwich on whole wheat or mulit-grain??? Blech...

Nothing beats peanut butter & jelly on a good wheat bread.

Another mouth-breathing oxygen thief post from kidrocks.

What? You like white bread? Yuk!

it works for certain sandwiches, for others other bread is better. For example Tuna is always better on Rye.

Or on sour dough bread. Let me clarify something, I like certain white bread like Italian bread or sour dough bread.

Just not that cheap, plain, doughy-white bread that turns gooey in your mouth.

Perhaps a toasted rye, but whole wheat!!! Even crackers make better P&B sandwiches. Hell, even a tortilla P&B beats whole wheat. Only a hippy would choose whole wheat.

What? You like white bread? Yuk!

it works for certain sandwiches, for others other bread is better. For example Tuna is always better on Rye.

Or on sour dough bread. Let me clarify something, I like certain white bread like Italian bread or sour dough bread.

Italian bread is not White bread. know your breads.

Perhaps a toasted rye, but whole wheat!!! Even crackers make better P&B sandwiches. Hell, even a tortilla P&B beats whole wheat. Only a hippy would choose whole wheat.

Or your mother. She knows what's good for you even if you still don't.

OK, now that is more reasonable and indicates you are willing to compromise on this important and controversial issue. I personally would have accepted a good potato bread, but your mention of sour dough reminds me of Fisherman's wharf, hence I will agree with your conclusion.

Forum List

Back