White college fraternity in Oklahoma shut down for overt racism

They are done.

Negative reinforcement doesn't work. You don't reward bad behaviour. You ignore it, not acklnowledge it.
They are done.

Ya, and now you have however many fratboys pissed as hell at the school to say nothing of blacks. That's SO much better than letting them rant and rave in private.

It's not private. There's a video on youtube, and it's hit national news. And who gives a shit if frat boys are pissed?

And you can find a counter video of blacks doing the same. Stupid people of all races go to college.

Get over it.
I cant find a video of Blacks singing "no whiteys in (pick a fraternity)" Do you have a link?
The thing that makes this so bad is that this is a national fraternity & one of the largest. General Holder needs to tamp this out :mad-61:
I never understood why Black people pledged to Greek organizations. No one has ever been able to give me an answer without getting upset.

I asked the same question of my Father, because he pledged Kappa Alpha Psi and wanted me to as well, which I did. What he stated was that the Greek writing system and philosophies has very close ties to Africa, particularly Eygpt. Each of the NPHC organizations employs some type of reference to Africa within the organization. I have spoken to elders in my own fraternity and some friends in Omega Psi Phi who have made the same statement.

And you can find a counter video of blacks doing the same. Stupid people of all races go to college.

Get over it.
I cant find a video of Blacks singing "no whiteys in (pick a fraternity)" Do you have a link?
The thing that makes this so bad is that this is a national fraternity & one of the largest. General Holder needs to tamp this out :mad-61:
I never understood why Black people pledged to Greek organizations. No one has ever been able to give me an answer without getting upset.

I asked the same question of my Father, because he pledged Kappa Alpha Psi and wanted me to as well, which I did. What he stated was that the Greek writing system and philosophies has very close ties to Africa, particularly Eygpt. Each of the NPHC organizations employs some type of reference to Africa within the organization. I have spoken to elders in my own fraternity and some friends in Omega Psi Phi who have made the same statement.
I had a first lieutenant in the military that was Kappa Alpha Psi that wanted me to pledge. I was hoping it had something to do with the secret societies in Egypt. Thanks for the heads up.

This was a private fraternity bus ride. Not some public campus demonstration. Much as I dislike the chant and attitude, it was in the final analysis a private affair. The law protects even the most vile and disgusting hate speech as KKK rallies show. But no one's proposing we deny KKK permits to march and demonstrate in public. So why the double-standard when things done in private come to light?

There's the arguement their conduct violated whatever student code of behaviour binds them, but beyond that, if in fact such behaviour violated such a policy, they shouldn't be expelled, booted out of their frat, or anything else.

Racism exists, but you're not going to mitigate it or make it go away with punitive actions like this. If anything you're only making it worse.

If the fraternity is a private club they can conduct their racist business on their own, somewhere else, with no affiliation to the university.
I guess a bus isn't private enough for you. Think it would be better if they did it in a cave in Tora Bora?

I'm pretty sure the fraternity is officially sanctioned by the university, therefore the rules and regulations of that university apply to all fraternity activities.

Yep, they were wrong. It was also wrong for looters to steal in Ferguson. It was also wrong to stand up in the US House of representatives and put your hands up in the air in solidarity over a lie and falsely accuse white cops all over the country of racism. It is also wrong for gangs of blacks to target whites on the street or in stores, shopping malls, and movie theaters for racist attacks. Or Eric Holder calling us cowards and racists.

I think whites are just plain fed up with the Bullshit.

Good Gawd, you just can't stay on topic, can you? I was just gonna say next it will be something about Obama and Eric Holder, but I see you've included Eric Holder.

Negative reinforcement doesn't work. You don't reward bad behaviour. You ignore it, not acklnowledge it.
They are done.

Ya, and now you have however many fratboys pissed as hell at the school to say nothing of blacks. That's SO much better than letting them rant and rave in private.
It is unclear to me how this information came out in public...someone was on that bus who may have become upset took video and passed the video on to others who publicized it ...

Presumedly a guest of one of the frat members. Wouldn't think an actual member woulda made something the frat they volunteered to join does behind closed doors public. A guest might.
I wouldn't want to be that guy after this went viral.

But this is really what Obama and his paid race-baiters wanted. They couldn't find enough real examples of racism in America so they literally created them out of nothing. I'm sure they would have loved it to be a white middle-aged Tea Party Republican who likes shooting blacks. But until they can cause some crazy cracker to go nuts they'll settle for a bunch of stupid college kids that probably would have voted for Obama in the 2008 election if they had been old enough.

This is Hope & Change at work.

Okay, now you bring up Obama and race-baiters. I was wondering what took you so long.

But this is really what Obama and his paid race-baiters wanted. They couldn't find enough real examples of racism in America so they literally created them out of nothing. I'm sure they would have loved it to be a white middle-aged Tea Party Republican who likes shooting blacks. But until they can cause some crazy cracker to go nuts they'll settle for a bunch of stupid college kids that probably would have voted for Obama in the 2008 election if they had been old enough.

Leave it to those crafty Democrats to come up with a diabolical trap like that. Poor hapless racists, they fell for the set up, they never had a chance.

Well, it is what Saul Alinsky followers do.

Read "Rules For Radicals".

Saul who?

Look it up and come back when you know something.

You mean you don't know? Then why do you mention what's his name that no one ever heard of before 2008?

This is 2015 numbnuts. You've had 7 years to learn who Saul Alinsky is.

They are done.

It is unclear to me how this information came out in public...someone was on that bus who may have become upset took video and passed the video on to others who publicized it ...

Presumedly a guest of one of the frat members. Wouldn't think an actual member woulda made something the frat they volunteered to join does behind closed doors public. A guest might.

Okay, now you bring up Obama and race-baiters. I was wondering what took you so long.

?

Leave it to those crafty Democrats to come up with a diabolical trap like that. Poor hapless racists, they fell for the set up, they never had a chance.

Saul who?

You mean you don't know? Then why do you mention what's his name that no one ever heard of before 2008?

I guess I just don't care, and neither does anyone else.

They are done.

No one is rewarding them.

Just made an obscure fraternity an internationally known fraternity.

The national fraternal organization would have been quick to terminate their charter.

I'm proud of how David Boren has handled this situation, btw.

Saul who?

Are they still blubbering about Saul Alinksy? Good grief.

They are done.

No one is rewarding them.

Just made an obscure fraternity an internationally known fraternity.

The national fraternal organization would have been quick to terminate their charter.

I'm proud of how David Boren has handled this situation, btw.

They don't have anyone of that caliber in Washington now.

This was a private fraternity bus ride. Not some public campus demonstration. Much as I dislike the chant and attitude, it was in the final analysis a private affair. The law protects even the most vile and disgusting hate speech as KKK rallies show. But no one's proposing we deny KKK permits to march and demonstrate in public. So why the double-standard when things done in private come to light?

There's the arguement their conduct violated whatever student code of behaviour binds them, but beyond that, if in fact such behaviour violated such a policy, they shouldn't be expelled, booted out of their frat, or anything else.

Racism exists, but you're not going to mitigate it or make it go away with punitive actions like this. If anything you're only making it worse.

If the fraternity is a private club they can conduct their racist business on their own, somewhere else, with no affiliation to the university.
I guess a bus isn't private enough for you. Think it would be better if they did it in a cave in Tora Bora?

I'm pretty sure the fraternity is officially sanctioned by the university, therefore the rules and regulations of that university apply to all fraternity activities.

Yep, they were wrong. It was also wrong for looters to steal in Ferguson. It was also wrong to stand up in the US House of representatives and put your hands up in the air in solidarity over a lie and falsely accuse white cops all over the country of racism. It is also wrong for gangs of blacks to target whites on the street or in stores, shopping malls, and movie theaters for racist attacks. Or Eric Holder calling us cowards and racists.

Good Gawd, you just can't stay on topic, can you? I was just gonna say next it will be something about Obama and Eric Holder, but I see you've included Eric Holder.

Look, everyone doesn't have to read your talking -points and act like they're original thoughts. Some of us have the capacity to apply logic and reason to situations rather than just repeat what our media masters approve of.

It's clear Obama and his lapdog Al Sharpton have set back race relations in this country 50 years, and they really want it that way. Obama was never put in the White House to solve anything. He's incapable of that. He's there to start shit. To stir the pot. To bring all of the bad and ill-will to the surface.

Saul who?

He's apparently supposed to have had some profound influence on political thinking somewhere, only no one ever heard of him before 2008.

Look, everyone doesn't have to read your talking -points and act like they're original thoughts. Some of the capacity to apply logic and reason to situations rather than just repeat what our media masters approve of.

It's clear Obama and his lapdog Al Sharpton have set back race relations in this country 50 years, and they really want it that way. Obama was never put in the White House to solve anything. He's incapable of that. He's there to start shit. To stirring the pot. To bring all of the bad and ill-will to the surface.

No that's not clear at all.

Saul who?

Good grief......are they still blubbering about Selma?

Still blubbering about slavery?

He's apparently supposed to have had some profound influence on political thinking somewhere, only no one ever heard of him before 2008.

Hey, you don't have to repeat how ignorant you are.

You convinced me the first time.

Good grief......are they still blubbering about Selma?

Still blubbering about slavery?
You can all blubber together while the adults talk about real stuff.

Forum List

Back