White college student suspended and banned for 2 years for saying black females aren't attractive

College kids in public colleges don't have the same free speech rights that a self-employed adult has.

But JFC. Lisa bonet. Mariah Carey. Halle Berry. Kid deserves expulsion for stupid. LOL
None of those I would touch with a 10 foot pole. Free speech trumps ANY colleges whining.
Legally, students do not have full freedom of speech. Your lack of heterosexual appreciation not withstanding. LOL

College students at Public Universities do, and this College, while private states it respects freedom of speech.

He probably has a case for breach of contract, and in any event, his statement does not warrant a 21 month suspension.
No, sounds about right for a university today.
Yale Professor Forced to Resign for Protecting Free Speech

Yale faculty member at center of protests will leave teaching role

it's also apparently based on speculation, rightwingnut bigot lies or the whining of the suspended bigots since

CC officials would not confirm the punishment or say how many students have been disciplined, but some students told The Gazette that two male students were expelled. It is not known how many have been suspended.

"Federal privacy laws do not allow us to disclose information about student disciplinary action," spokeswoman Leslie Weddell said Tuesday.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29162868/colorado-college-students-reported-expelled-comments

It's a private collage. You think he is the only one allowed free speech? Anyone is free to say what they want, but others are free to respond to it too.

A 21 month suspension is not a "response". Also the Student Code of Conduct states that the School finds freedom of expression to be important.

He HAD to do something more than this.

Might not be the response you would have chosen, but it is a response.

It's a private collage. You think he is the only one allowed free speech? Anyone is free to say what they want, but others are free to respond to it too.

A 21 month suspension is not a "response". Also the Student Code of Conduct states that the School finds freedom of expression to be important.

I'd say it was a response. Why did he get suspended if it wasnt a response to his words?

it's also apparently based on speculation, rightwingnut bigot lies or the whining of the suspended bigots since

CC officials would not confirm the punishment or say how many students have been disciplined, but some students told The Gazette that two male students were expelled. It is not known how many have been suspended.

"Federal privacy laws do not allow us to disclose information about student disciplinary action," spokeswoman Leslie Weddell said Tuesday.

Colorado College students reported expelled for comments

Colorado College students reported expelled for comments

The letter sent to the Student in Question:

Colorado College's Letter to Thaddeus Pryor - FIRE

So thinking black women are not attractive is now disruptive?

A response is "you are wrong". What actually happened was sanction, which is not "a response"

I'd say it was a response. Why did he get suspended if it wasnt a response to his words?

Again, a response is more speech, not a punishment.

What a bunch of fucking fascists you all are.

I remember the song I like big butts... That was always a dude saying he didn't like white women. No one complained!

Again, a response is more speech, not a punishment.

What a bunch of fucking fascists you all are.
Nope. Wrong again. If someone had kicked his ass that would have been a response as well. Anything done as a reaction to an event is a response.

Another poor white boy thread.
More like another attack on free speech but yes lets turn it into a race thing.
The white boy turned it into a race thing.
I can't watch tennis till Serena retires. (-:
Goodness. She is rather distracting.

Dude look like a lady...nasty

bd7889d6a969740e720f6a706700b574.jpg

Yep they are EVERYONE is allowed free speech. BANNING someone is NOT free speech its something a libtard would do.

Free speech means you can say it. Not that anyone has to put up with it in their own private business.

College kids in public colleges don't have the same free speech rights that a self-employed adult has.

But JFC. Lisa bonet. Mariah Carey. Halle Berry. Kid deserves expulsion for stupid. LOL
None of those I would touch with a 10 foot pole. Free speech trumps ANY colleges whining.

no one cares what you'd touch. i'm pretty sure they wouldn't have much interest in bigoted white trash... but that's beside the point.

the reality is that your "freedom of speech" is limited on college campuses by the codes of behavior in effect at the school. you agree to abide by those codes when you enroll.

that's life. so sorry you don't get to create a racially and sexually hostile environment for others who are spending a fortune on their education.

A response is "you are wrong". What actually happened was sanction, which is not "a response"

When were you appointed universal judge of what a response is?

Another poor white boy thread.
More like another attack on free speech but yes lets turn it into a race thing.
The white boy turned it into a race thing.
I can't watch tennis till Serena retires. (-:
Goodness. She is rather distracting.

Dude look like a lady...nasty

looks better than you, skankyirishlass....

but look at all the little bigots at play.

freaks :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back