White Flight 2: Americans fleeing in masses to whiter states and/or Southern states.

What's so great about Oregon? Everyone's moving there

Everyone with a brain knows America's future is in the South. The economies are booming. Jobs are plentiful. Housing is far more affordable. The food, weather, women and football are better. Crucial military bases are here. The South now also has a larger population than the North or West Coast. The South is quickly becoming THE power center of the United States.

And of course....."White Flight" part 2.

States people are moving to the most:
1. Oregon
2. South Carolina
3. North Carolina
Top 10 round up.....Texas. Colorado. Oklahoma. Vermont. Idaho. Florida. Nevada.

In short......people are fleeing to go to places that are whiter and/or more Southern. The urban liberal shit holes up North have driven people with means away. Shocked right?

States people are fleeing:
NY
NJ
OH
PA
MI
Well.....pretty much the entire Northeast/Midwest

Uh....can you find Oregon on a map?

Haha...oh man....I get it...like I'm so dumb I don't even know where Oregon is? Bro....for real...you should try out for SNL or Comedy Central. You're THAT good. Seriously bro. Go to NYC and audition. You might be the next Seinfeld or Eddie Murphy.
What's the number 1 of "States to which people are moving"??

How does that conform with your thesis?

Have you ever heard anything described as " the Clemson of the North"?

Hey moron....you missed the "since the 80s" part. Remember segregation? The South didn't allow half our population to play until the 70s.

Pennsylvania has FOUR X THE population of SC....but in 2015...both have nearly identical numbers of NFL players on active rosters.

We are per capita far better athletes than Pennsylvanias slow thick ankled residents.

What's so great about Oregon? Everyone's moving there

Everyone with a brain knows America's future is in the South. The economies are booming. Jobs are plentiful. Housing is far more affordable. The food, weather, women and football are better. Crucial military bases are here. The South now also has a larger population than the North or West Coast. The South is quickly becoming THE power center of the United States.

And of course....."White Flight" part 2.

States people are moving to the most:
1. Oregon
2. South Carolina
3. North Carolina
Top 10 round up.....Texas. Colorado. Oklahoma. Vermont. Idaho. Florida. Nevada.

In short......people are fleeing to go to places that are whiter and/or more Southern. The urban liberal shit holes up North have driven people with means away. Shocked right?

States people are fleeing:
NY
NJ
OH
PA
MI
Well.....pretty much the entire Northeast/Midwest
I would not be surprised to find Illinois in that list, as well...

I'm tempted to do it myself. I miss southern hospitality. Northern libs are rude and arrogant. Western Wa is no stranger to gray dark days either and the Seattle libs control the state, almost had a Republican governor a few cycles back but they took it from him and recounted the votes until they came up right.

The south does have some muggy ass summers though and lots of bugs.

You should consider Tennessee/Western NC/Upstate SC. Beautiful mountains. Not as humid. Far fewer bugs. Few liberals. Low taxes. Lots of jobs...especially in the areas near Greenville SC and Knoxville TN.
I might look into it, I'd hate to retire here and it ain't too far off. I was stationed in Wilmington, NC, lived in Georgia and Mississippi. They're different folks than here.

My favorite place in the South is Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I'm retiring there. Best kept secret in America.
That is my parents plans. Free vacations! lol

The Carolina Panthers have a decent season and suddenly football everywhere north of the Mason Dixen line is mediocre and/or overrated. :lol:

I moved with my family to Oregon from Cali many years ago, and I've got to tell you, this place sucks.

In Western Oregon, expect to see gray skies, or rain for months at a time.
This winter so far, for instance is the winter from hell. It has rained for weeks now, with just a one day break here and there.
Pretty much since the 1st of October it's been mostly gray dark and wet.

We have been spoiled by several mild winters, but this winter is looking like the classic Western Oregon winter.

Also, with each passing year Oregon becomes bluer and bluer.
Along the I-5 corridor Eugene, Salem, and Portland make ALL the political decisions for the rest of the state, and those decisions are liberal through and through.

Oregon, also is an expensive place to live, and in fact don't know how it ranks right now, but several years back it ranked #1 for the WORST place for retirees to live.

Too wet.
Too gray.
Too expensive.
Too liberal.

My advice, RUN, don't walk away from here !

I'll be getting the hell out in a few more years.
I'm from western Washington and your comments are spot on. I suggest Arizona or Texas.

I'm tempted to do it myself. I miss southern hospitality. Northern libs are rude and arrogant. Western Wa is no stranger to gray dark days either and the Seattle libs control the state, almost had a Republican governor a few cycles back but they took it from him and recounted the votes until they came up right.

You should consider Tennessee/Western NC/Upstate SC. Beautiful mountains. Not as humid. Far fewer bugs. Few liberals. Low taxes. Lots of jobs...especially in the areas near Greenville SC and Knoxville TN.
I might look into it, I'd hate to retire here and it ain't too far off. I was stationed in Wilmington, NC, lived in Georgia and Mississippi. They're different folks than here.

My favorite place in the South is Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I'm retiring there. Best kept secret in America.
Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are two of my favorite getaways along with Branson, MO.

The Carolina Panthers have a decent season and suddenly football everywhere north of the Mason Dixen line is mediocre and/or overrated. :lol:

No....it's been overrated since the early 80s. Most NFL players come from the South.

So even when the Giants or Steelers or Patriots win a Super Bowl....most of the players are Southern guys or California guys.

You guys up North have huge cities that pay a lot of money to watch our natives play football. You all just generally aren't that good at playing yourselves.

It's why the South absolutely dominates college football....because in college most players go to school close to their home state.

St. Thomas Aquinas High School of Fort Lauderdale has most NFL players; California leads all states; Miami tops hometowns | Youth Football | USA Football | Football's National Governing Body

No....it's been overrated since the early 80s. Most NFL players come from the South.

So even when the Giants or Steelers or Patriots win a Super Bowl....most of the players are Southern guys or California guys.

You guys up North have huge cities that pay a lot of money to watch our natives play football. You all just generally aren't that good at playing yourselves.

It's why the South absolutely dominates college football....because in college most players go to school close to their home state.

St. Thomas Aquinas High School of Fort Lauderdale has most NFL players; California leads all states; Miami tops hometowns | Youth Football | USA Football | Football's National Governing Body

Pittsburgh has 10 people in the NFL. How many does Charleston have in the NFL? lol

Pittsburgh has 10 people in the NFL. How many does Charleston have in the NFL? lol

Several. SC and PA have the same number of NFL players in 2015....despite PA having 4x larger population. Per capita we are far more athletic than Pennsylvanians.

Off the top of my head.....at least 4 Pro Bowl caliber guys.
AJ Green. Carlos Dunlap. Byron Maxwell. Roddy White. They have all been star players in the past few seasons. All are from North Charleston.

Pittsburgh metro population is 2.5 million
Charleston metro population is 700K

You say Pittsburgh has 10 NFL players then "lol" when you smugly asked how many Charleston has.

Per capita we have MORE. I'll research it. But I know 4 who have been Pro Bowl quality in the last few years. AJ Green. Byron Maxwell. Carlos Dunlap. Roddy White.

Oh.....and Robert Quinn. He and Maxwell/Dunlap went to the same HS.

AND BY THE WAY.....In SC the Charleston area is known as the worst area for football. And per capita it is obviously producing more talent than Pittsburgh.

Ooops. That backfired on ya huh? "LOL".

I love people from The South, they have good manners and are naturally friendly. Also The South's architecture is very charming, the Antebellum structures.
As long as you are just visiting.....

Several. SC and PA have the same number of NFL players in 2015....despite PA having 4x larger population. Per capita we are far more athletic than Pennsylvanians.

Off the top of my head.....at least 4 Pro Bowl caliber guys.
AJ Green. Carlos Dunlap. Byron Maxwell. Roddy White. They have all been star players in the past few seasons. All are from North Charleston.

Not as many as Pittsburgh. Why are the people in your city so shitty at football? lol.

I love the South and it's people greatly but you only seems interested in running down other parts of the nation. Fuck that. I love every region of this nation b/c I love America, even the people that I disagree with. It is a pity you can't feel same way.

I love people from The South, they have good manners and are naturally friendly. Also The South's architecture is very charming, the Antebellum structures.
As long as you are just visiting.....

:confused-84:

Which type of football? Are you meaning American football or football football that we have?
Nobody gives a shit about soccer here.

Yes I know that, you don't have proper Football Leagues or anything! It's more of a fringe sport.
It's too boring. Americans like scores!

I have attempted to watch American football, however, those costumes the players wear, the big shoulder pads and those spandex pants, well you know, this is just too much to handle....so then I usually go back to watching the Alpine Skiing and Europa Football.

Pittsburgh metro population is 2.5 million
Charleston metro population is 700K

You say Pittsburgh has 10 NFL players then "lol" when you smugly asked how many Charleston has.

Per capita we have MORE. I'll research it. But I know 4 who have been Pro Bowl quality in the last few years. AJ Green. Byron Maxwell. Carlos Dunlap. Roddy White.

Oh.....and Robert Quinn. He and Maxwell/Dunlap went to the same HS.

AND BY THE WAY.....In SC the Charleston area is known as the worst area for football. And per capita it is obviously producing more talent than Pittsburgh.

Ooops. That backfired on ya huh? "LOL".

Oh, please. Lecture me on smugness when this whole thread premise is you smugly shitting on other regions of country. It's why I don't engage you often b/c you're hack bitch.

Forum List

Back