White Flight 2: Americans fleeing in masses to whiter states and/or Southern states.

The Carolina Panthers have a decent season and suddenly football everywhere north of the Mason Dixen line is mediocre and/or overrated. :lol:

No....it's been overrated since the early 80s. Most NFL players come from the South.

So even when the Giants or Steelers or Patriots win a Super Bowl....most of the players are Southern guys or California guys.

You guys up North have huge cities that pay a lot of money to watch our natives play football. You all just generally aren't that good at playing yourselves.

It's why the South absolutely dominates college football....because in college most players go to school close to their home state.

St. Thomas Aquinas High School of Fort Lauderdale has most NFL players; California leads all states; Miami tops hometowns | Youth Football | USA Football | Football's National Governing Body

Pittsburgh has 10 people in the NFL. How many does Charleston have in the NFL? lol

Several. SC and PA have the same number of NFL players in 2015....despite PA having 4x larger population. Per capita we are far more athletic than Pennsylvanians.

Off the top of my head.....at least 4 Pro Bowl caliber guys.
AJ Green. Carlos Dunlap. Byron Maxwell. Roddy White. They have all been star players in the past few seasons. All are from North Charleston.

Not as many as Pittsburgh. Why are the people in your city so shitty at football? lol.

I love the South and it's people greatly but you only seems interested in running down other parts of the nation. Fuck that. I love every region of this nation b/c I love America, even the people that I disagree with. It is a pity you can't feel same way.

Pittsburgh has more plumbers too. That metro area is about 4x the size of Charleston. Charleston has about 6 or 7 players on active rosters. Compared to 10. Per capita our residents are far more likely to produce NFL level talent than Pittsburgh.

Oh....and your home states beloved powerhouse college football team, Penn State? It's highest drafted player was overall #1 pick DE Courtney Brown......from Charleston.

Last edited:
The Carolina Panthers have a decent season and suddenly football everywhere north of the Mason Dixen line is mediocre and/or overrated. :lol:

No....it's been overrated since the early 80s. Most NFL players come from the South.

So even when the Giants or Steelers or Patriots win a Super Bowl....most of the players are Southern guys or California guys.

You guys up North have huge cities that pay a lot of money to watch our natives play football. You all just generally aren't that good at playing yourselves.

It's why the South absolutely dominates college football....because in college most players go to school close to their home state.

St. Thomas Aquinas High School of Fort Lauderdale has most NFL players; California leads all states; Miami tops hometowns | Youth Football | USA Football | Football's National Governing Body

Pittsburgh has 10 people in the NFL. How many does Charleston have in the NFL? lol

Pittsburgh metro population is 2.5 million
Charleston metro population is 700K

You say Pittsburgh has 10 NFL players then "lol" when you smugly asked how many Charleston has.

Per capita we have MORE. I'll research it. But I know 4 who have been Pro Bowl quality in the last few years. AJ Green. Byron Maxwell. Carlos Dunlap. Roddy White.

Oh.....and Robert Quinn. He and Maxwell/Dunlap went to the same HS.

AND BY THE WAY.....In SC the Charleston area is known as the worst area for football. And per capita it is obviously producing more talent than Pittsburgh.

Ooops. That backfired on ya huh? "LOL".

Oh, please. Lecture me on smugness when this whole thread premise is you smugly shitting on other regions of country. It's why I don't engage you often b/c you're hack bitch.

In case you haven't noticed....this is a reaction to others who have been trashing the South for weeks.

You say Pittsburgh has 10 NFL players then "lol" when you smugly asked how many Charleston has.

Per capita we have MORE. I'll research it. But I know 4 who have been Pro Bowl quality in the last few years. AJ Green. Byron Maxwell. Carlos Dunlap. Roddy White.

AND BY THE WAY.....In SC the Charleston area is known as the worst area for football. And per capita it is obviously producing more talent than Pittsburgh.

Oh, please. Lecture me on smugness when this whole thread premise is you smugly shitting on other regions of country. It's why I don't engage you often b/c you're hack bitch.

In case you haven't noticed....this is a reaction to others who have been trashing the South for weeks.

The South has been under assault for months now, full-on assault by the Politically Correct crowd.

So you decided to be just as much as an asshole as the people you claim to dislike. lol. The only difference between you and Guno is your locations. You're both hack bitches but watching you two makes fools of yourself is amusing.

You may now carry on hating other Americans solely based on where they live.

Which type of football? Are you meaning American football or football football that we have?
Nobody gives a shit about soccer here.

Yes I know that, you don't have proper Football Leagues or anything! It's more of a fringe sport.
It's too boring. Americans like scores!

I have attempted to watch American football, however, those costumes the players wear, the big shoulder pads and those spandex pants, well you know, this is just too much to handle....so then I usually go back to watching the Alpine Skiing and Europa Football.
The costumes are to minimize injury. 200-300 plus pound guys running full steam into each other. It's grandiose, loud, showy with a circus atmosphere.... pretty much all American.

The South has been under assault for months now, full-on assault by the Politically Correct crowd.

Yep. We are usually polite and just ignore it.

It's funny how mad they get when we throw it back at them.

They live bitter angry lives and trash us out of frustration.

So you decided to be just as much as an asshole as the people you claim to dislike. lol. The only difference between you and Guno is your locations. You're both hack bitches but watching you two makes fools of yourself is amusing.

You may now carry on hating other Americans solely based on where they live.

Sure why not. Don't like it don't read it.

PAs population needs to learn some football though. A population 4x South Carolinas....but produces only about the same number of NFL players. As for college football.....not even a discussion. Outside of Ohio State and occasionally Michigan....no one up there plays high level college ball.

Yep. We are usually polite and just ignore it.

It's funny how mad they get when we throw it back at them.

They live bitter angry lives and trash us out of frustration.

It's going to get to the point where naturally polite people are going to have to start being not so polite.

Which type of football? Are you meaning American football or football football that we have?

Yes I know that, you don't have proper Football Leagues or anything! It's more of a fringe sport.

I have attempted to watch American football, however, those costumes the players wear, the big shoulder pads and those spandex pants, well you know, this is just too much to handle....so then I usually go back to watching the Alpine Skiing and Europa Football.
The costumes are to minimize injury. 200-300 plus pound guys running full steam into each other. It's grandiose, loud, showy with a circus atmosphere.... pretty much all American.

Okay, but what about the spandex pants, they're shiny spandex pants also :disbelief::smoke:

Blacks slowly take over a city, trash that city.
Government pays for them to move to white city. They start trashing that city.
Whites move back to first city blacks trashed and renovate, make it nice again.
After blacks finish trashing second city, government pays for them to move back to first city that's now nice. Begin trashing it again.
Pattern repeats.
That seems to be the situation in some parts of New York City's Crown Heights, a troubled Brooklyn community.

Crown Heights consists of about five square miles of beautiful multi-family Victorian brownstones with a few era-modern whitestone single-family houses. I recall that in the 1950s and beyond that area was inhabited largely by professionals and (mainly) by well-to-do Jews. The area was meticulously maintained with neat little lawns and gardens in front of all the iron-gated houses and healthy trees at curbside.

Beginning in the '60s the surrounding areas, largely inhabited by working class Whites, became increasingly inhabited by welfare-class Black migrants from the Southern states who were accommodated by the 1964 Civil Rights Act. As the Black moved in the Whites moved out and the areas surrounding Crown Heights became a Black ghetto.

It wasn't long before burglaries and vandalism in the Crown Heights area caused a few residents to move. Eventually a number of Black professionals, mainly MDs, moved in and gradually the once exclusive Crown Heights community became totally absorbed by Blacks and quickly deteriorated. (The effect of this transition benefited my family's locksmithing business substantially.)

Beginning in the 1980s, Hasidic Jews began buying up deteriorated brownstones in the area surrounding Crown Heights, renovating them, gradually pushing out the welfare-class and lower working-class Blacks. This transition began moving inward onto the then totally Black Crown Heights community. The tensions brought about by this aggressive gentrification effort resulted in a violent riot that lasted three-days. Crown Heights riots - Google Search

Today, Crown Heights is gradually becoming a gentrified Jewish community and Blacks are being gradually pushed out.

Okay, but what about the spandex pants, they're shiny spandex pants also :disbelief::smoke:
I can't say that my mind ever wandered in that area and pondered it. I suppose the same reason a gymnast wears them, freedom of movement as less material for guys to grab.

"Better football"?

"Better" women?

??????

Yes. Our women are hotter and have FAR better personalities. It's not even close.

Football? If you're a football fan this is important. College football, of course we know the South absolutely dominates college football. The NFL? We like college ball better. But....60% of NFL players are native Southerners. Most of the rest are from California or the West Coast. Northerners generally suck at football.

Northerns generally suck at football!? lol. You clearly know jack and shit about football in Western PA.

Let's look at the college football national champions the past few decades.

Tell us how many PA schools have won in the last 20 years or so?

That would be ZERO!

Ohio State next door has won ONCE.

Michigan has won ONCE.

The SEC practically owns college football, winning 8 national championships out of the last 10 years.

I can't say that my mind ever wandered in that area and pondered it. I suppose the same reason a gymnast wears them, freedom of movement as less material for guys to grab.

Darling, as I'm a very shallow girl, my mind always wanders to that area. :wink:

Darling, as I'm a very shallow girl, my mind always wanders to that area. :wink:
They are wearing cups. Sorry to bust your bubble.

No, say it ain't so? :crybaby:

I'm tempted to do it myself. I miss southern hospitality. Northern libs are rude and arrogant. Western Wa is no stranger to gray dark days either and the Seattle libs control the state, almost had a Republican governor a few cycles back but they took it from him and recounted the votes until they came up right.

The south does have some muggy ass summers though and lots of bugs.
Get air conditioning and learn to eat bugs...

No, say it ain't so? :crybaby:
it's either that or a rack attack...

I moved with my family to Oregon from Cali many years ago, and I've got to tell you, this place sucks.

In Western Oregon, expect to see gray skies, or rain for months at a time.
This winter so far, for instance is the winter from hell. It has rained for weeks now, with just a one day break here and there.
Pretty much since the 1st of October it's been mostly gray dark and wet.

We have been spoiled by several mild winters, but this winter is looking like the classic Western Oregon winter.

Also, with each passing year Oregon becomes bluer and bluer.
Along the I-5 corridor Eugene, Salem, and Portland make ALL the political decisions for the rest of the state, and those decisions are liberal through and through.

Oregon, also is an expensive place to live, and in fact don't know how it ranks right now, but several years back it ranked #1 for the WORST place for retirees to live.

Too wet.
Too gray.
Too expensive.
Too liberal.

My advice, RUN, don't walk away from here !

I'll be getting the hell out in a few more years.
I don't care if Oregon was full of albinos, I would never move to that uber liberal State. Progressive Iowa is almost as bad.

People like Guno or PaintMyHouse.....they of course lie about who they are in real life.

So you guys....you can move down here too. We'll get you a nice entry level job in a mail room or cleaning toilets at one of our countless beach hotels. You can work your way up and have a better life here. Maybe you can serve us drinks on the golf courses.

But everyone sees it and knows the reality. Wanna live well and live safe? Gotta move South. Or...to a lily white state like Oregon.
My goodness, how fucking dumb can you be? Lily white Oregon? Never been to Portland, Eugene, or even the towns in Eastern Oregon. If you ever travel a bit in Oregon, you will quickly find we have all colors and all kinds. Just in most places nobody has 'there' places. We are pretty well mixed.

I moved with my family to Oregon from Cali many years ago, and I've got to tell you, this place sucks.

In Western Oregon, expect to see gray skies, or rain for months at a time.
This winter so far, for instance is the winter from hell. It has rained for weeks now, with just a one day break here and there.
Pretty much since the 1st of October it's been mostly gray dark and wet.

We have been spoiled by several mild winters, but this winter is looking like the classic Western Oregon winter.

Also, with each passing year Oregon becomes bluer and bluer.
Along the I-5 corridor Eugene, Salem, and Portland make ALL the political decisions for the rest of the state, and those decisions are liberal through and through.

Oregon, also is an expensive place to live, and in fact don't know how it ranks right now, but several years back it ranked #1 for the WORST place for retirees to live.

Too wet.
Too gray.
Too expensive.
Too liberal.

My advice, RUN, don't walk away from here !

I'll be getting the hell out in a few more years.
I don't care if Oregon was full of albinos, I would never move to that uber liberal State. Progressive Iowa is almost as bad.
My, my, you are welcome to stay away. We don't need your kind living here, or even visiting.

Forum List

Back