White house to working class Americans pay astromical deductibles- or Else...

Blaming ACA because your insurance company is screwing you is stupid.

We used to have a choice remember?
You still have a choice.

Never had to pay a tax before for not buying it.

People shouldn't have to pay their way? No wonder you are DEPLORABLE.

I shouldn't have to pay for your reckless lifestyle.

I'm rather responsible in lifestyle, but because you've voted Republican over the last 45 years, I've gotten to deduct 100% of my expenses, and pay a far less percentage of my monies in taxes than you.

We used to have a choice remember?
You still have a choice.

I'm rather responsible in lifestyle, but because you've voted Republican over the last 45 years, I've gotten to deduct 100% of my expenses, and pay a far less percentage of my monies in taxes than you.

Whatever I saved $100,00~$200,000 bucks for not paying for health insurance in the past 20 years.

You still have a choice.

Whatever I saved $100,00~$200,000 bucks for not paying for health insurance in the past 20 years.

Placed it on the back of taxpayers? Such a user.

I never been to the quack in 20 years I already stated this, except for a company drug test and physical, they paid.

I never been to the quack in 20 years I already stated this, except for a company drug test and physical, they paid.

When you have 'the big one' (which you will) who is going to pay for that? BTW; If you are employed, doesn't your employer provide healthcare? Or do you work for a Republican?

When you have 'the big one' (which you will) who is going to pay for that? BTW; If you are employed, doesn't your employer provide healthcare? Or do you work for a Republican?

I always could get company insurance but again I didn't want to pay for it.

Their SEC filings. Look it up and learn something.
Show me which filings you read.

SEC filings. Available online.
So nothing then. You stated that "healthcare insurers own the majority of hospitals and healthcare providers in the US" and won't support it.
I'm pretty sure the insurance companies don't own the majority of hospitals.
around this are we have hospitals that are basically county owned or privately owned, Now with the private ones I cant say for sure if insurance companies have a hand in them, but I don't think they do.
I remember when AAMC built their new (and incredible) facility in the county, much of the money was donated by private citizens and businesses for the construction.

'Pretty sure'?

"Basically" all county, State, and academic hospitals are managed and operated by a company called VHA. VHA is owned by United Healthcare.

What is AAMC?
Anne Arundel Medical Center.
I should have typed it out the first time, Didnt take time to consider the fact that not everyone lives here.

So nothing then. You stated that "healthcare insurers own the majority of hospitals and healthcare providers in the US" and won't support it.

You aren't smart enough to do your own homework?

I'll get you started with this;

The Quiet Takeover: Insurers Buying Physicians and Hospitals
Interesting. Your source says this about insurers buying hospitals:

So far, only a handful of payors and providers have made a move and a transaction has yet to involve a major hospital system

It would seem that you are premature in your panic.

blaming insurance companies because someone is too cheap or uneducated to buy their own insurance in the first place is even dumber
Insurance was just fine before the ACA, as a matter of fact, it was much better.

Healthcare insurance has been insane since Republicans dismantled the HMO act.
Whatever helps you sleep at night. Let's see, they destroyed insurance and wrote obamadon'tcare. Is that about the size of what you believe?

Is that the same insurance industry that made hundreds of billions in net profits last year?
Which is it? Is the insurance industry insane or is it making big bucks? Generally speaking, insane businesses do not make big bucks.

Insane prices. The HMO act was to create competition in the healthcare insurance industry. Insurance companies were able to run-up prices to what we see today.
When the consumer doesn't even see the actual costs involved, there is no incentive to contain costs, so prices rise. Add to that increased mandates for providers to provide care for people who don't pay at all, plus mandates for insurers to cover ever more, and prices continue rising. You blame insurers, naturally, but fail to understand (willfully?) government's role in the cost increases we have been seeing.

I always could get company insurance but again I didn't want to pay for it..

If your employer makes you pay for insurance, he/she isn't a very good employer. A Republican.

If your employer makes you pay for insurance, he/she isn't a very good employer. A Republican.
no employer pays 100%. all employees pay a percentage for their coverage. If an employee excepts that for free, he must be a democrat.

It's about skin in the game.. but you wouldn't understand it.. far beyond a Barista's mentality.

I'm pretty sure the insurance companies don't own the majority of hospitals.
around this are we have hospitals that are basically county owned or privately owned, Now with the private ones I cant say for sure if insurance companies have a hand in them, but I don't think they do.
I remember when AAMC built their new (and incredible) facility in the county, much of the money was donated by private citizens and businesses for the construction.

'Pretty sure'?

"Basically" all county, State, and academic hospitals are managed and operated by a company called VHA. VHA is owned by United Healthcare.

What is AAMC?
Anne Arundel Medical Center.
I should have typed it out the first time, Didnt take time to consider the fact that not everyone lives here.

UHC owns VHA, VHA owns Vizient, Vizient owns the nursing staff at Anne Arundel Medical Center.

http://www.aacn.nche.edu/education-resources/NRP-Participants-by-State.pdf

So far, only a handful of payors and providers have made a move and a transaction has yet to involve a major hospital system

Humana (owned by Aetna) isn't major?

Healthcare insurance has been insane since Republicans dismantled the HMO act.
Whatever helps you sleep at night. Let's see, they destroyed insurance and wrote obamadon'tcare. Is that about the size of what you believe?

Is that the same insurance industry that made hundreds of billions in net profits last year?
Which is it? Is the insurance industry insane or is it making big bucks? Generally speaking, insane businesses do not make big bucks.

Insane prices. The HMO act was to create competition in the healthcare insurance industry. Insurance companies were able to run-up prices to what we see today.
When the consumer doesn't even see the actual costs involved, there is no incentive to contain costs, so prices rise. Add to that increased mandates for providers to provide care for people who don't pay at all, plus mandates for insurers to cover ever more, and prices continue rising. You blame insurers, naturally, but fail to understand (willfully?) government's role in the cost increases we have been seeing.

WOW! Directly out of the PR handbook of the healthcare insurance industry.

The government did play a role in the increased costs. When Republican deregulated the HMO act which effectively removed any meaningful competition within the industry. I saw it firsthand as an employer over the last 36 years.

no employer pays 100%. all employees pay a percentage for their coverage. If an employee excepts that for free, he must be a democrat.

Not true. I pay 100%. Good employers pay 100%. That's how we attract and retain good employees. Think about it.

It's about skin in the game.. but you wouldn't understand it.. far beyond a Barista's mentality.

Attracting and retaining good employees is 'skin in the game?' How so?

Humana (owned by Aetna) isn't major?
It's your source. You explain it.

WOW! Directly out of the PR handbook of the healthcare insurance industry.

The government did play a role in the increased costs. When Republican deregulated the HMO act which effectively removed any meaningful competition within the industry. I saw it firsthand as an employer over the last 36 years.
Can you dispute anything I said? You seem to cling to the idea that the changes to the HMO act are solely responsible for the increase in healthcare costs.

Attracting and retaining good employees is 'skin in the game?' How so?

It's human nature that people tend to not appreciate that which is given to them free of charge. We charge our employees one percent of their premium. The reason in doing this is so that they will notice when their contribution continually rises that the overall premium is rising.

Forum List

Back