White man gets 17 years for shooting super-drunk black breaking into his house at 4 AM

This white guy was guilty of stupidity. He probably told the truth to the cops and that's usually a bad idea. There were no witnesses so he should have said something like "she was screaming like a nutter and said she had a gun and was going to come in and kill the white boy". Or perhaps just keep your mouth shut.

What the heck are you smoking?

1233796371590.gif

Well, other than the white guy part, you shouldn't tell the cops anything till you have spoken to a lawyer first.

How about not shooting the teen in the first place?

2) She was on his porch, how is that a threat?
If she was drunk, that is what made her a threat. People can do anything when they are under the influence.

God bless you and the man always!!!

Holly

Holy Holly Holly.... in what way is a drunk and unarmed teenage girl outside your door deserving of being shot in the face??? Are you insane?

Yes, I do believe Holly is insane.

No, she is more sane than 99% of the people here.

That's scary.

No, there is nothing wrong with her personality.

But you seem awfully judgemental.

Does her politeness and kindness creep you out because you are basically a rude little shit?

Then you're insane too. I guess you missed her justification response for killing the teen.

1) she was not breaking into his house.
3) Does Michigan law allow people to normally shoot tresspassers? If not, he is guilty as sin and got what he deserved. He should have called the cops to arrest the drunk girl instead of taking the law in his own hands and killing her over a misdemeanor charge.

I find it difficult to believe you think this man should have walked, Shooter.

he gave himself away right off the bat

when he claimed it was an accidental discharge of his firearm

then changed up his story

[

Those who shouldn't be anywhere near a gun are felons and the criminally insane.

t.

Felons? Why should someone who cheated on their taxes or smoked some pot or passed a bad check lose their gun rights.? You obviously don't even know what a felony is. You'd be surprised how minor most felonies are.

think

I know exactly what a felony is, dude, and anyone that will break the law so seriously is not worthy of the trust it takes to let them own weapons. If they can get their records expunged, fine, but if not or no pardon froma governor then they still don't merit that trust either.

But it is up to the people of each state and their elected representatives and to my knowledge they almost all agree with keeping guns out of the hands of ALL felons.

If she was drunk, that is what made her a threat. People can do anything when they are under the influence.

Holly

Holy Holly Holly.... in what way is a drunk and unarmed teenage girl outside your door deserving of being shot in the face??? Are you insane?

That's scary.

Does her politeness and kindness creep you out because you are basically a rude little shit?

Then you're insane too. I guess you missed her justification response for killing the teen.

It is her opinion, dude, that doesn't make her insane.

Jesus, you libtards are so full of yourselves, anybody that disagree with you is insane, corrupt or stupid, in your closed minded ideological straight-jacketed perspectives..

1) she was not breaking into his house.
3) Does Michigan law allow people to normally shoot tresspassers? If not, he is guilty as sin and got what he deserved. He should have called the cops to arrest the drunk girl instead of taking the law in his own hands and killing her over a misdemeanor charge.

I find it difficult to believe you think this man should have walked, Shooter.

he gave himself away right off the bat

when he claimed it was an accidental discharge of his firearm

then changed up his story

Sounds like he tried to cover it up, like many would do, but when it happens unprepared, you need to go with 'lawyer up' not 'make shit up'.

This white guy was guilty of stupidity. He probably told the truth to the cops and that's usually a bad idea. There were no witnesses so he should have said something like "she was screaming like a nutter and said she had a gun and was going to come in and kill the white boy". Or perhaps just keep your mouth shut.

1233796371590.gif

Well, other than the white guy part, you shouldn't tell the cops anything till you have spoken to a lawyer first.

Obviously, and that is as I have said from the first time I posted on this thread; unjustifiable homicide.

But I think the guy should have gotten manslaughter due to him just having been awakened in the middle of the night. But prosecutors these days maximize everything to get people to plead.

At least the perp had the balls to take it to court.

1233796371590.gif

Obviously, and that is as I have said from the first time I posted on this thread; unjustifiable homicide.

But I think the guy should have gotten manslaughter due to him just having been awakened in the middle of the night. But prosecutors these days maximize everything to get people to plead.

I could be wrong, but I believe you can be released from prison in 1-2 yrs on a manslaughter charge. I don't think that amount of time would be appropriate for this crime.

1233796371590.gif

I could be wrong, but I believe you can be released from prison in 1-2 yrs on a manslaughter charge. I don't think that amount of time would be appropriate for this crime.

Then change the sentencing guidelines. The legal definition is manslaughter if the guy wasn't in complete control of his mind at the time, and being half asleep is such an altered mental state.

Holly

That's scary.

Jesus, you libtards are so full of yourselves, anybody that disagree with you is insane, corrupt or stupid, in your closed minded ideological straight-jacketed perspectives..

Well, yes it does. If she really believes it's okay to kill a teenager just because she's drunk and outside your door, she is insane, and probably shouldn't be allowed to own a gun.

1233796371590.gif

Then change the sentencing guidelines. The legal definition is manslaughter if the guy wasn't in complete control of his mind at the time, and being half asleep is such an altered mental state.

You can't kill someone because you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, dummy.

Holly

That's scary.

Well, yes it does. If she really believes it's okay to kill a teenager just because she's drunk and outside your door, she is insane, and probably shouldn't be allowed to own a gun.

Lol, apparently you think insane means 'Disagrees with me about a legal opinion.'

That is not the meaning of insane, dear.

Holly

That's scary.

Lol, apparently you think insane means 'Disagrees with me about a legal opinion.'

Okay, she's freaking crazy.

1233796371590.gif

No, you cant, but it can be an extenuating circumstance, you betcha. Especially since the drunk was the one who woke the dude up in the first place with her shenanigans.

Jesus I am sick of irresponsible children acting like retards then everybody wants to burn the person that reacts to the stupid bullshit like they wouldn't have done the same damned thing.

Put yourself in that mans place...no, never mind, you simply do not have that in your mental capacity talking points.

Holly

That's scary.

Now you go with switching to a synonym of the same damned thing?

Are you over the age of 12?

1233796371590.gif

No, you cant, but it can be an extenuating circumstance, you betcha. Especially since the drunk was the one who woke the dude up in the first place with her shenanigans.

Jesus I am sick of irresponsible children acting like retards then everybody wants to burn the person that reacts to the stupid bullshit like they wouldn't have done the same damned thing.

Put yourself in that mans place...no, never mind, you simply do not have that in your mental capacity talking points.

I would have picked up the phone and called the police. I would start shooting if and when they decided to break down my door. How fucking hard is that?

Holly

That's scary.

Now you go with switching to a synonym of the same damned thing?

Are you over the age of 12?

I'm sorry, but you are completely irrational, and so is your little friend.

Forum List

Back