White Privilege Is When......

1_zps6zall779.jpg

You'd think they'd use different symbols..
They both mean the same thing though, so how can one be any worse or better than the other?
They aren't to me...Both parties seek the same..
I agree.
If they had a job like mine, where you work your ass off, they'd be to tired to participate...
They'd be too tired to worry about fomenting racism.

Racism is either taught, or is an excuse for ones short comings.

racist-7.jpg

White privilege is a phrase with no inherent meaning. Made up grievance that only blacks can see cause they got the racist vision..........

A white person comes to the birthday party of a Black girl and gives her a white doll and books with white characters in them for a birthday present. When you get funny looks you dont know what you did wrong and get upset.

I find that odd considering I had both. And preferred a football to either. But of all the dolls my mother had, the one she kept her whole life was her black baby doll. It was her favorite.

You find it odd she did that or you find it odd the reaction it generated?

I find it odd that the only baby doll that would interest a black child is a black one. I guess white ones are frowned upon. It makes me feel sad for the child. What if she wants a white friend later on? Will that be as wrong as the doll?
Nothing wrong with having a white friend at all. I have white friends. However, we know that you are shaped by your environment and dolls in particular for girls are shaping tools. These Black girls need to have Black dolls because they will grow up and face a world that downgrades their beauty.

A white person comes to the birthday party of a Black girl and gives her a white doll and books with white characters in them for a birthday present. When you get funny looks you dont know what you did wrong and get upset.
Were you at that party? Was the little girl upset or was it her parents and other adult relatives?
See, as a female, we were raised for centuries on the shit that only MEN could write real literature. We learned how to enjoy it, put ourselves in another's shoes. Should this little girl miss out on Alice in Wonderland or Harriet the Spy because the characters are white? It would be a great loss for the little girl.
Yes I was at the party. The girl was too small to have any idea about the wrongness of the gifts. It was all the Black, Mexican, and even some white people that had the issue. One white girl even stated out loud "are you kidding me" which was what got the woman upset.

What do you mean by miss out? There is no more value to Alice in Wonderland or any other white based character book than the books with Black characters. It seems like your white privilege just slipped out a little if youre suggesting that.

That could be either an opportunity to introduce diversity......or it's raciss.

Or, hey, maybe it's just one little girl giving another little girl a doll and a bunch of adults crapping themselves over it for no good reason, thereby turning an innocent thing into something nefarious.

Pouring ever-y-thing through some sort of racism filter is pretty fucking nutzo, far as I'm concerned.

want a racist story involving a doll? I've got one. One of my friends had a buddy who was a Chicago cop. Said cop was having a BBQ for his birthday at which were numerous CPD folks. One of his presents was a black Ken Doll, with it's hands behind its back cuffed with paperclips, which brought a huge laugh from the crowd. Har-de-har-har, eh?

Now THAT's ^^^ a racist use of a doll. This other shit is nonsense.

Or, hey, maybe it's just one little girl giving another little girl a doll and a bunch of adults crapping themselves over it for no good reason, thereby turning an innocent thing into something nefarious.

Pouring ever-y-thing through some sort of racism filter is pretty fucking nutzo, far as I'm concerned.

want a racist story involving a doll? I've got one. One of my friends had a buddy who was a Chicago cop. Said cop was having a BBQ for his birthday at which were numerous CPD folks. One of his presents was a black Ken Doll, with it's hands behind its back cuffed with paperclips, which brought a huge laugh from the crowd. Har-de-har-har, eh?

No one said it was racist you moron. Do you know the difference between white privilege and racism? A non racist white person can exhibit white priviledge. Most times its an unconscious assumption that something like their tasteless macaroni and cheese with potato chips on top or their choice in white fairy tales are the best.

No one said it was racist you moron. Do you know the difference between white privilege and racism? A non racist white person can exhibit white priviledge. Most times its an unconscious assumption that something like their tasteless macaroni and cheese with potato chips on top or their choice in white fairy tales are the best.

Oh, my apologies shitbag, I seem to have been unable to keep up with the ways all of the downtrodden idiots in our world perceive insults nowadays.

Maybe you should put a book out to educate folks on the myriad ways people insult you daily. that fucking thing would be thicker than the tax code.

Something that is not a problem for one is not necessarily because of 'privilege'. That is a foolish generalization.
The lack of consciousness displayed in the o.p. is striking, but is not more than silly lack of thought.

Forum List

Back