White Privilege Is When......

A white person comes to the birthday party of a Black girl and gives her a white doll and books with white characters in them for a birthday present. When you get funny looks you dont know what you did wrong and get upset.
White girls collect dolls of every type.

Why would a black girl not want at least one white doll?
Thats their right.

Because they arent white? I dont think you get the point. The decision is not up to the child. The decision is up to the mother that is training that child to be proud of being Black in a world that downgrades, denies, and hates them.
I don't think you get my point.

Why would a black mother be threatened by one(or a couple)European looking doll? Why would a black mother not want her daughter to have friendly relations with people of other races? I understand that a black mother would want her daughter to have much more black dolls than non-black ones, but to keep her daughter from having dolls that resemble her friends(the white girls who gave her the white doll)is basically negligence.

Personally I think the white dolls are usually uglier than the black ones anyway. The white dolls are mostly just clones of the dolls that were made in the 80s or before and they scarcely resemble the beautiful white women walking the streets today.

A white person comes to the birthday party of a Black girl and gives her a white doll and books with white characters in them for a birthday present. When you get funny looks you dont know what you did wrong and get upset.

I find that odd considering I had both. And preferred a football to either. But of all the dolls my mother had, the one she kept her whole life was her black baby doll. It was her favorite.

You find it odd she did that or you find it odd the reaction it generated?

I find it odd that the only baby doll that would interest a black child is a black one. I guess white ones are frowned upon. It makes me feel sad for the child. What if she wants a white friend later on? Will that be as wrong as the doll?
Teaching racism early and often to black children is the new norm.

Thats their right.

Because they arent white? I dont think you get the point. The decision is not up to the child. The decision is up to the mother that is training that child to be proud of being Black in a world that downgrades, denies, and hates them.

Why would a black mother be threatened by one(or a couple)European looking doll? Why would a black mother not want her daughter to have friendly relations with people of other races? I understand that a black mother would want her daughter to have much more black dolls than non-black ones, but to keep her daughter from having dolls that resemble her friends(the white girls who gave her the white doll)is basically negligence.

Personally I think the white dolls are usually uglier than the black ones anyway. The white dolls are mostly just clones of the dolls that were made in the 80s or before and they scarcely resemble the beautiful white women walking the streets today.
Who told you a Black mother was threatened? I said there was no need to have a white doll so why have one? Who told you a Black mother would not want her daughter to have friendly relations with people of other races? Youre saying all these weird things I never said.

Thats their right.

Who told you a Black mother was threatened? I said there was no need to have a white doll so why have one? Who told you a Black mother would not want her daughter to have friendly relations with people of other races? Youre saying all these weird things I never said.
Obviously she would be threatened if she thinks her daughter having a European looking doll is a problem that could undo her teachings.

Why are you such a moron?

Thats their right.

Obviously she would be threatened if she thinks her daughter having a European looking doll is a problem that could undo her teachings.

Nope. Its just that a white doll is not needed nor wanted.

Who told you I was a moron?

Thats their right.

Then return it, donate it, or throw it in the trash.

Thats their right.

It was given back to the woman.

OMG. You and your ultra chic politicized friends shouldn't invite white people to your social functions or interact with them at all. That did more harm than good, you know.

OMG. You and your ultra chic politicized friends shouldn't invite white people to your social functions or interact with them at all. That did more harm than good, you know.
Why not invite white people? It wasnt my party and i didnt know the woman. There were other white people there that had the sense to get dolls that were Black. Matter of fact the first person to call the woman out was white.

I wouldn't think twice if a kid gave my daughter a black/asian/alien, etc doll or a book with same characters in it. Neither would my kid.

Then again, some of us are more comfortable with diversity than others.

I wouldn't think twice if a kid gave my daughter a black/asian/alien, etc doll or a book with same characters in it. Neither would my kid.

Are you white?

Are you white?

Why?

If someone gave my kid an xxx doll - and clearly I'm not an xxx - I should be upset because zomg! that doll is different from me/my kid? Sorry, that's not how I roll. A kid young enough to play with dolls doesn't see the world in "colors", unless they are taught to see the world that way. A kid young enough to play with dolls is happy and appreciative to receive a doll. At least, that's how it works in my home.

Are you white?

Why?

If someone gave my kid an xxx doll - and clearly I'm not an xxx - I should be upset because zomg! that doll is different from me/my kid? Sorry, that's not how I roll. A kid young enough to play with dolls doesn't see the world in "colors", unless they are taught to see the world that way. A kid young enough to play with dolls is happy and appreciative to receive a doll. At least, that's how it works in my home.

Because it makes a extremely important difference. If you feel this compromises your argument I can understand why you would wish to avoid answering me.

Are you white?

Why?

Because it makes a extremely important difference. If you feel this compromises your argument I can understand why you would wish to avoid answering me.

My argument stands, as noted above, regardless of what my skin color is.

If the color of a doll bothers you and yours, well that's on you and yours.

Are you white?

Why?

If youre white your argument doesnt stand.

Its not the color of the doll that bothers me. Its the lesson (conscious or unconscious) the non white child is receiving.

Are you white?

Why?

Its not the color of the doll that bothers me. Its the lesson (conscious or unconscious) the non white child is receiving.
You mean the message that YOU are giving the child.

Are you white?

Why?

Why would me teaching my child to love being Black bother me?

Why?

Why would me teaching my child to love being Black bother me?
Why does society oppose me teaching my children to love being white?

If you were white you would be considered a klansman with your bullshit. Black privilege protects you from suffering the consequences of your blatant racism.

Forum List

Back