White students can't compete with asians in NJ school district

Of course it is.......

Absolutely not. Participating in organized sports teaches discipline, time-management, and excuse-free focus on results.
It also teaches you to work with others, but in Asian countries that is not the case. ......

The principles apply anywhere. In some countries in Asia, kids who show an early aptitude for sports are tracked into 'sports' schools where they take up a great deal more of a student's time than here.
More of your typical BULLSHIT!
Not EVERY 'Asian' country' has 'sports schools'. ...

You think maybe that's the reason I used the word "some," you braindead idiot? Wipe your boyfriend's spillage out of your eyes and read more carefully.
In your first post before you 'edited it' you didn't use the word "some". You were called on your ludicrous generalization and immediately put in the word "some". You're a fucking lying piece of shit!

Absolutely not. Participating in organized sports teaches discipline, time-management, and excuse-free focus on results.
It also teaches you to work with others, but in Asian countries that is not the case. ......

The principles apply anywhere. In some countries in Asia, kids who show an early aptitude for sports are tracked into 'sports' schools where they take up a great deal more of a student's time than here.
More of your typical BULLSHIT!
Not EVERY 'Asian' country' has 'sports schools'. ...

You think maybe that's the reason I used the word "some," you braindead idiot? Wipe your boyfriend's spillage out of your eyes and read more carefully.
In your first post before you 'edited it' you didn't use the word "some"......

Yes I did. That is the original post. I did not edit, you were just too stupid to read carefully.

" Wipe your boyfriend's spillage out of your eyes and read more carefully..." That comment I wouldn't expect from a real educator. An educator would know how debate without sophomoric insults that do not aid his thoughts.

:lol: Now I have to question your veracity.
Sorry. You haven't helped your position yet.

You are welcome to believe what you want. What I told you is true.

Full disclosure: I've been teaching for over 20 years, including years in China, Japan, Korea and the great majority in the US. I work directly with Chinese students (and their families) here in America every day, including today. I also work at a very inner city HS, so I am directly and personally familiar with all ranges and facets of this discussion.
You spend a lot of time posting during week. During school hours. I think you're full of shit.
I am now retired. How about YOU? .....

No, I am not retired. Believe what you want, but I wonder what makes you think you are worth lying to.

Full disclosure: I've been teaching for over 20 years, including years in China, Japan, Korea and the great majority in the US. I work directly with Chinese students (and their families) here in America every day, including today. I also work at a very inner city HS, so I am directly and personally familiar with all ranges and facets of this discussion.
You spend a lot of time posting during week. During school hours. I think you're full of shit.

No, I am not retired. Believe what you want, but I wonder what makes you think you are worth lying to.
Your unrelenting ego.

In another attempt to address the OP, I believe NJ White students could compete quite well with Asians if they had the same family and cultural reinforcement for education. ....

Have you considered that the 'white' students represent a much larger and more diverse demographic?

Your unrelenting ego.

That does not follow logically.

Once again, everything I've told you is true. "You lie! you lie!" is a product of your ego, not mine.

Your unrelenting ego.

Once again, everything I've told you is true. "You lie! you lie!" is a product of your ego, not mine.
LOL, have a nice day.

Because you have proven yourself to be a habitual liar. No One believes a word you post about yourself.
You DID quickly edit your post.
Would you like me to put up your original post?

Your unrelenting ego.

LOL, have a nice day.

Come back anytime!

affluent parents are partitioning their time between sports, technology (video games) and making excuses for their children.

Sports are not a hindrance to education.
Of course it is.......

It also teaches you to work with others, but in Asian countries that is not the case. Schools often start at 6:30 am and finish at 5:00. Then you have homework until 11:00, including Saturdays. School year is much longer as well. No time for sports.

Is this the environment we want in the US, for any children that want to be competitive at high levels?

Cause it sounds like Hell to me.

....... Think about the inner city whose priority is basically existing or getting another fix.......

I know that many, many kids in the inner city work their asses off to get an education despite very daunting obstacles to same.
Many is not most.

As close to most as the suburbs.
th

China's Education System vs. the US

No can vid. Are we talking now about kids in NJ, or in China specifically vs America?
Click on the link.

In another attempt to address the OP, I believe NJ White students could compete quite well with Asians if they had the same family and cultural reinforcement for education. Also White kids seem to be obsessed with social media more so than Asians. That doesn't help the GPA or the SAT scores either.

Do we want suicides from poor SAT scores to be an issue in our country?

affluent parents are partitioning their time between sports, technology (video games) and making excuses for their children.

Of course it is.......

It also teaches you to work with others, but in Asian countries that is not the case. Schools often start at 6:30 am and finish at 5:00. Then you have homework until 11:00, including Saturdays. School year is much longer as well. No time for sports.

Is this the environment we want in the US, for any children that want to be competitive at high levels?

There is such a disparity, that just changing the school day time and year to more time in school would be appropriate. The kids do not have to go 6:40 til' 11:00. but 7:40 to 5:00 would work with year round sc

Of course it is.......

We don't have to be that extreme, but more time on school and time on homework should be established.

In another attempt to address the OP, I believe NJ White students could compete quite well with Asians if they had the same family and cultural reinforcement for education. Also White kids seem to be obsessed with social media more so than Asians. That doesn't help the GPA or the SAT scores either.

We'd have less poor people...

There are plenty of suicides over cyber bullying on social media. Too bad the kids aren't interested in education as much as Asian families. At least they would have a strong support system with the school and family.

Forum List

Back