White students can't compete with asians in NJ school district

That is true. That is for those sports included in the Olympics, they are separated from the parents at an early age. Only Olympic challengers.

No. You are thinking of a very small percentage of very gifted kids specifically in China (and not as much there anymore either). I'm speaking more generally.

This demonstrates the problem with all these generalizations. Much of this is based on exaggeration, speculation, stereotyping, and impressions from popular media. Most fundamentally, we are not comparing like with like.
Unkotare, it's not just gifted children that score highly in China. Remember, China is number one in ratings.

Which ratings? Ratings based on...?
Countries ranked on maths and science
1. Singapore
2. Hong Kong
3. South Korea
4. Japan (joint)
4. Taiwan (joint)

6. Finland
7. Estonia
8. Switzerland
9. Netherlands
10. Canada
11. Poland
12. Vietnam
13. Germany
14. Australia
15. Ireland
16. Belgium
17. New Zealand
18. Slovenia
19. Austria
20. United Kingdom
21. Czech Republic
22. Denmark
23. France
24. Latvia
25. Norway
26. Luxembourg
27. Spain
28. Italy (joint)
28. United States (joint)
30. Portugal
31. Lithuania
32. Hungary
33. Iceland
34. Russia
35. Sweden
36. Croatia
37. Slovak Republic
38. Ukraine
39. Israel
40. Greece
41. Turkey
42. Serbia
43. Bulgaria
44. Romania
45. UAE
46. Cyprus
47. Thailand
48. Chile
49. Kazakhstan
50. Armenia
51. Iran
52. Malaysia
53. Costa Rica
54. Mexico
55. Uruguay
56. Montenegro
57. Bahrain
58. Lebanon
59. Georgia
60. Brazil
61. Jordan
62. Argentina
63. Albania
64. Tunisia
65. Macedonia
66. Saudi Arabia
67. Colombia
68. Qatar
69. Indonesia
70. Botswana
71. Peru
72. Oman
73. Morocco
74. Honduras
75. South Africa
76. Ghana
Asia tops biggest global school rankings - BBC News

You said China ranks number one. It's not even on your list. And who exactly is being ranked? By whom?
th

asian education vs american education - Saferbrowser Yahoo Search Results
You would have been better off if you had googled it.

Full disclosure: I've been teaching for over 20 years, including years in China, Japan, Korea and the great majority in the US. I work directly with Chinese students (and their families) here in America every day, including today. I also work at a very inner city HS, so I am directly and personally familiar with all ranges and facets of this discussion.
I find it hard to believe that you taught in Asian countries. .....

I hate to disappoint you, but it's true. I don't need to 'Google' it.

How about you? Did you teach anywhere in Asia? Do you work with international students from Asian countries every day here in America?
Ignorance is held by those who refuse to learn.

I missed your answer to the questions.
I answered all of the pertinent ones. What important question did I miss?

So, do you think the US is highest in the rankings? Why or why not?

Full disclosure: I've been teaching for over 20 years, including years in China, Japan, Korea and the great majority in the US. I work directly with Chinese students (and their families) here in America every day, including today. I also work at a very inner city HS, so I am directly and personally familiar with all ranges and facets of this discussion.
I find it hard to believe that you taught in Asian countries. .....

I hate to disappoint you, but it's true. I don't need to 'Google' it.

How about you? Did you teach anywhere in Asia? Do you work with international students from Asian countries every day here in America?
Ignorance is held by those who refuse to learn.

I missed your answer to the questions.
I answered all of the pertinent ones. What important question did I miss?.....

Did you teach anywhere in Asia?

affluent parents are partitioning their time between sports, technology (video games) and making excuses for their children.

Sports are not a hindrance to education.
Of course it is.......

Absolutely not. Participating in organized sports teaches discipline, time-management, and excuse-free focus on results.
It also teaches you to work with others, but in Asian countries that is not the case. ......

The principles apply anywhere. In some countries in Asia, kids who show an early aptitude for sports are tracked into 'sports' schools where they take up a great deal more of a student's time than here.
More of your typical BULLSHIT!
Not EVERY 'Asian' country' has 'sports schools'. Dear God you're a stupid asshole.
You make these grand sweeping generalisations. Sure sign of a childish idiot.

affluent parents are partitioning their time between sports, technology (video games) and making excuses for their children.

Of course it is.......

Absolutely not. Participating in organized sports teaches discipline, time-management, and excuse-free focus on results.
It also teaches you to work with others, but in Asian countries that is not the case. ......

The principles apply anywhere. In some countries in Asia, kids who show an early aptitude for sports are tracked into 'sports' schools where they take up a great deal more of a student's time than here.
Did a little quick editing I see. HAAA HAAA!

American educators received a wake-up call today when it was revealed that students in Shanghai rank number one globally in reading, math and science, far outpacing their American peers. Despite modest gains in math and science, the U.S. continues to lag behind other developed countries.

A report out today, "Highlights From PISA 2009: Performance of U.S. 15-Year-Old Students in Reading, Mathematics, and Science Literacy in an International Context," shows the U.S. now ranks 25th in math, 17th in science, and 14th in reading out of the 34 Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) countries.

While OECD countries such as Finland, South Korea, Canada, Japan, Switzerland and New Zealand continue to outpace the U.S. in reading, science and math, all eyes are on China. In its first year to be included in the study as a non-OECD education system, Shanghai ranked first in all three categories. Hong Kong came in second in reading and science and third in math.

China Tops Ed Rankings, Leaves US in Dust

It probably is a usual thing for many to believe the US is no. 1 all the time as it once was. But fantasy is a perilous endeavor. It's best to look at the reality of a situation such as education rankings to see where we can improve.

You spend a lot of time posting during week. During school hours. I think you're full of shit.

I find it hard to believe that you taught in Asian countries. You would know better. Google Asian education vs. American education.

Read the book, the smartest kids in the world and how they got that way by Amanda Ripley. It is an eye opener.
He's just another LIB lying piece of shit.
He doesn't know the difference between Dim Sum and Sushi.

[.......

Better off than decades of first-hand experience? Does that really make sense to you?
I have had decades of teaching experie nce but that did not teach me about ASIA education. Perhaps my first knowledge was my own education in college with my bachelors or my graduate degree. ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO CONTINUE WITH PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE?

Of course it is.......

More of your typical BULLSHIT!
Not EVERY 'Asian' country' has 'sports schools'. ...

You think maybe that's the reason I used the word "some"? Read more carefully.

Last edited:
You spend a lot of time posting during week. During school hours. I think you're full of shit.
I am now retired. How about YOU? Sorry Unkotare, your part of the discussion makes me believe you and honesty are strangers.

[.......

Better off than decades of first-hand experience? Does that really make sense to you?
I have had decades of teaching experie nce but that did not teach me about ASIA education. Perhaps my first knowledge was my own education in college with my bachelors or my graduate degree. ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO CONTINUE WITH PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE?
I have two Masters Degrees. One in Education the other in Arts. My major was World History.
I can spot a bullshit phony a mile away.
That's what he is.

In another attempt to address the OP, I believe NJ White students could compete quite well with Asians if they had the same family and cultural reinforcement for education. Also White kids seem to be obsessed with social media more so than Asians. That doesn't help the GPA or the SAT scores either.

I find it hard to believe that you taught in Asian countries. You would know better. Google Asian education vs. American education.

Read the book, the smartest kids in the world and how they got that way by Amanda Ripley. It is an eye opener.
He's just another LIB .......

You're really not paying attention, idiot.

[.......

I have two Masters Degrees. ......

If either one of the guys you stole them from catches up with you, he will kick your ass.

" Wipe your boyfriend's spillage out of your eyes and read more carefully..." That comment I wouldn't expect from a real educator. An educator would know how debate without sophomoric insults that do not aid his thoughts.

Forum List

Back