White students can't compete with asians in NJ school district

affluent parents are partitioning their time between sports, technology (video games) and making excuses for their children.

Sports are not a hindrance to education.
Of course it is. Two hour practices 4-5 days a week after school? Isn't the school day longer in Asian countries than US...do they go nine months of the year?

.... do you notice that Americans spend the schools dollar higher on sports complexes than lowering the class size? Do Asians allow their kids to spend several hours a week on sports, cutting into their study time. ......

The countries those 'Asian' kids come from generally have much larger class sizes than people obsess over here, and physical education is taken much more seriously as an actual class.

....... Think about the inner city whose priority is basically existing or getting another fix.......

I know that many, many kids in the inner city work their asses off to get an education despite very daunting obstacles to same.
Many is not most.

As close to most as the suburbs.
Even to those who live in the suburbs, education is not a high priority. I have always lived in the suburbs and my son's education included college..it was a given. None of his friends from the suburbs went to college. Shameful.

....... Think about the inner city whose priority is basically existing or getting another fix.......

I know that many, many kids in the inner city work their asses off to get an education despite very daunting obstacles to same.
Many is not most.

th

China's Education System vs. the US

Many is not most.

th

Just to give you a taste of Chinese education. Longer days, Longer year, parental support and pressure.

Many is not most.

th

No can vid. Are we talking now about kids in NJ, or in China specifically vs America?

Many is not most.

th

No can vid. Are we talking now about kids in NJ, or in China specifically vs America?

probably Chinese kids in NJ-------those kids are into calculus at that age of six

affluent parents are partitioning their time between sports, technology (video games) and making excuses for their children.

Of course it is.......

Absolutely not. Participating in organized sports teaches discipline, time-management, and excuse-free focus on results.
It also teaches you to work with others, but in Asian countries that is not the case. Schools often start at 6:30 am and finish at 5:00. Then you have homework until 11:00, including Saturdays. School year is much longer as well. No time for sports.

Many is not most.

th

probably Chinese kids in NJ-------those kids are into calculus at that age of six

Not in NJ they aren't (not into calculus at age 6 in China either).

Many is not most.

th

They also know their abc's at 3.

Of course it is.......

Absolutely not. Participating in organized sports teaches discipline, time-management, and excuse-free focus on results.
It also teaches you to work with others, but in Asian countries that is not the case. ......

The principles apply anywhere. In some countries in Asia, kids who show an early aptitude for sports are tracked into 'sports' schools where they take up a great deal more of a student's time than here.

I don't think they are generally smarter than whites, it is the culture. Asians see teachers on the right hand of God and education is held in very high esteem where in America, the self absorbent people don't value education and commit to studying several hours each night.

Where are you from? Do you value education?
Very much. But the realism is that Asians take education more seriously than Americans as a whole. ......

Really? Do other Americans you know NOT value education?
Not as highly as Asians. ......

How do you know this?
It's common knowledge for those in education,

Where are you from? Do you value education?
Very much. But the realism is that Asians take education more seriously than Americans as a whole. ......

How do you know this?

Can you even back up that claim?

Of course it is.......

It also teaches you to work with others, but in Asian countries that is not the case. ......

The principles apply anywhere. In some countries in Asia, kids who show an early aptitude for sports are tracked into 'sports' schools where they take up a great deal more of a student's time than here.
That is true. That is for those sports included in the Olympics, they are separated from the parents at an early age. Only Olympic challengers.

How do you know this?

Can you even back up that claim?
If you clicked on that link above, you would have heard abut it. I can provide many more links.

Forum List

Back