White woman who stole $250K gets probation, while Black woman who stole $40K goes to jail. Disparate sentences spark calls for reform.

my god i'm so thanakful to be white.......................i can't imagine wallowing in my own defecation my whole life AND WHINING

being black would make me stronger and fight harder...not waste my life at usmb with just one subject only

you've taught me so much
Sounds like being black would get you put in jail

The black woman liquidated her pension to keep from paying back what she stole.....you left that out...

Bell quickly quizzed Hopkins about her pension and how much money she took out after her arrest. She eventually said she took all of it out.

Ohio law requires any money left in the public pension account of someone convicted of theft in office to go toward restitution. Hopkins told Bell that she did not know about the law and that she took the money out to pay her bills because she lost her job.

The white woman liquidated her pension and paid it as restitution to pay back what she stole......

She agreed to forfeit more than $200,000 in her public employee pension to the village. She wrote another check Monday $100,000 to cover her theft and the cost of a forensic audit the village conducted after discovering it.

Thanks for leaving out those details......

Thanks for the links so I could show your bullshit.....
She gambled it away dumbass, she didn't liquidate it to not payback the money.
This wasn't a bank robbery, dumbass.

These were white collar crimes.

In one case, at sentencing the defendant had raised money to pay restitution, thus making the victim whole again. She could pay it back the day of sentencing. That is taken under consideration by the judge.

In the other case, after the defendant got out on bail, she emptied her retirement account and spent the money, instead of saving it to pay restitution. As if to say, fuck you, I'm not paying anything back. That is taken under consideration by the judge.

And you know damn well she still hasn't paid back the money she stole.

So fuck off, racist moron.
So if you steal money for over 20yrs and then forfeit your pension to pay it back it's not a problem, because if you are white it is actually just a loan. Nevermind the fact that she only paid it back because her ass got caught. GFY you racist ass clown.

my god i'm so thanakful to be white.......................i can't imagine wallowing in my own defecation my whole life AND WHINING

being black would make me stronger and fight harder...not waste my life at usmb with just one subject only

you've taught me so much
I bet it feels great to be on the side of giving when it comes to racism and discrimination.

Why shouldn't that be considered in sentencing?
So you break the Law for 20yrs, get caught and out of the goodness of your heart you are forced to pay the money back, so you shouldn't be held accountable for stealing for 20yrs.

We hear that the Justice System is equal in this country, but why does it seem as though when the defendant is black Lady Justice is peeking under the mask.

Now this story is about 2yrs old, but just check it out.

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Two Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court judges doled out disparate sentences this week to women who stole public money in separate cases, reigniting calls to create a statewide sentencing database to ensure judges mete out fair punishments.

A white woman stole nearly $250,000 from the village of Chagrin Falls. Judge Hollie Gallagher sentenced her on Monday to two years of probation. A Black woman who stole $40,000 from Maple Heights City Schools went before Judge Rick Bell, who sentenced her Tuesday to 18 months in prison.

Now just watch how easy the excuses roll out.
White man gets 15 years for burning 4 cars.

Black man gets no jail time for burning down a resturant during a riot.

I guarantee you that any Black that is arrested for a crime has committed more crimes that what they got arrested for. And they will be committing more crimes in the future. That is Black culture in the US. Then they will blame it all on White people and demand reparations..

So instead of paying restitution to the school with her pension, she decided to liquidate it and go gambling. That's certainly not a good way to show remorse.

And I don't buy that "lost all the money gambling" bullshit. A lot of crooks say that and only naive people believe them.

She can say she's sorry for committing the crime all she wants, but actions speak much louder than her empty words. Her actions say that she's only sorry that she got caught.

White man gets 15 years for burning 4 cars.

Black man gets no jail time for burning down a resturant during a riot.

He was on probation and violated it, you left that out.

The ring leader was a white woman, that's the only reason he didn't get 20yrs.

So instead of paying restitution to the school with her pension, she decided to liquidate it and go gambling. That's certainly not a good way to show remorse.

And I don't buy that "lost all the money gambling" bullshit. A lot of crooks say that and only naive people believe them.

She can say she's sorry for committing the crime all she wants, but actions speak much louder than her empty words. Her actions say that she's only sorry that she got caught.
Stealing money for over 20yrs and getting caught and then having your pension taken is not restitution, idiot.

Goes both ways. Why aren't you screaming for blacks that rioted by burning every major city across America to serve jail time and pay for their crime?
Why aren't you screaming for whites that rioted all across the country to pay and serve jail time?

So if you steal money for over 20yrs and then forfeit your pension to pay it back it's not a problem, because if you are white it is actually just a loan. Nevermind the fact that she only paid it back because her ass got caught. GFY you racist ass clown.
Fuck off. You're just too fucking stupid to understand why there should be an incentive to pay the money back.

She stole $238,000 and paid $300,000 right there on that day of sentencing.

If she would have got a bunch of prison time, the next crook in her situation simply won't pay any of the money back. They would hide it away and say they lost it all in a game of poker.

And felony probation does not = no punishment. Here in Ohio you must take regular drug tests and random drug tests, be on time for every appointment with your probation officer, you cannot leave the county, you cannot enter any establishment that serves alcohol, not even a bowling alley or restaurant, and your home is subject to search 24/7. And if the probation officer finds so much as a beer bottle cap or a dirty roach clip in your home or vehicle you are in violation of probation and can be arrested and hauled back before the judge for re-sentencing.

Considering that she paid full restitution, has a very low chance of recidivism, no history of alcohol, drug or gambling addiction, she has no history of violence, no gang affiliation and it's a first time non-violent offense, she was a perfect candidate for probation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back