White woman who stole $250K gets probation, while Black woman who stole $40K goes to jail. Disparate sentences spark calls for reform.

We hear that the Justice System is equal in this country, but why does it seem as though when the defendant is black Lady Justice is peeking under the mask.

Now this story is about 2yrs old, but just check it out.

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Two Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court judges doled out disparate sentences this week to women who stole public money in separate cases, reigniting calls to create a statewide sentencing database to ensure judges mete out fair punishments.

A white woman stole nearly $250,000 from the village of Chagrin Falls. Judge Hollie Gallagher sentenced her on Monday to two years of probation. A Black woman who stole $40,000 from Maple Heights City Schools went before Judge Rick Bell, who sentenced her Tuesday to 18 months in prison.

Now just watch how easy the excuses roll out.
No excuse. Your link is to a paywall.

Looking further, we find that, "Bosworth did apologize to her family, the city and everyone impacted. She also pointed out that she paid the city back for all the money she took. You can watch her apology in the player above.

And...: "Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court Judge Rick Bell told 51-year-old Karla Hopkins that she compounded her theft by liquidating her public employee pension shortly after the district discovered the theft. The move prevented the state from seizing the money to pay back the district."

"Defense attorney Bret Jordan told Bell that Hopkins, who has no prior criminal history, had been losing a struggle with mental health issues and a gambling addiction when she began stealing money."

Unfortunately for you, FACTS MATTER.

As noted above, Biden gave the info back and Trump refused so all is good, right?
biden-malarkey.jpg

Isn't it supposed to be blind?
The judicial handling of the crime should be blind but the rules and laws are written by lawyers.

Were you upset that many blacks gotten away with criminal activities during the protest? I can't even get off a parking ticket when protesters smashing windows and burning down buildings walked away unscathed from the law.

No excuse. Your link is to a paywall.

Looking further, we find that, "Bosworth did apologize to her family, the city and everyone impacted. She also pointed out that she paid the city back for all the money she took. You can watch her apology in the player above.

And...: "Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court Judge Rick Bell told 51-year-old Karla Hopkins that she compounded her theft by liquidating her public employee pension shortly after the district discovered the theft. The move prevented the state from seizing the money to pay back the district."

"Defense attorney Bret Jordan told Bell that Hopkins, who has no prior criminal history, had been losing a struggle with mental health issues and a gambling addiction when she began stealing money."

Unfortunately for you, FACTS MATTER.
Yea she was just a white mother trying to do the right thing and put her children through college, so what if she stole money for over 20yrs. Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Michael O’Malley, who issued a statement saying he found the sentence “to be unacceptable in that he believes public employees who steal from taxpayers should go to prison.”

See the black woman got sentenced to more time than the prosecutor was even asking for.

Judge in the white woman's case was another white woman.

Judge in the black woman's case was a white man.

Yea she was just a white mother trying to do the right thing and put her children through college, so what if she stole money for over 20yrs. Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Michael O’Malley, who issued a statement saying he found the sentence “to be unacceptable in that he believes public employees who steal from taxpayers should go to prison.”

See the black woman got sentenced to more time than the prosecutor was even asking for.

Judge in the white woman's case was another white woman.

Judge in the black woman's case was a white man.
How%20desperate%20are%20you.jpg

The judicial handling of the crime should be blind but the rules and laws are written by lawyers.

Were you upset that many blacks gotten away with criminal activities during the protest? I can't even get off a parking ticket when protesters smashing windows and burning down buildings walked away unscathed from the law.
Didn't many whites get away with crimes during the same protests? Were you upset with that?

Didn't many whites get away with crimes during the same protests? Were you upset with that?

Yes, I want all BLM and supporters who took part to pay for their crime. If you're black and committed a crime in CA, nothing will happen to you. The victims are always the bad folks according to Newsom and leftists.

We hear that the Justice System is equal in this country, but why does it seem as though when the defendant is black Lady Justice is peeking under the mask.

Now this story is about 2yrs old, but just check it out.

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Two Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court judges doled out disparate sentences this week to women who stole public money in separate cases, reigniting calls to create a statewide sentencing database to ensure judges mete out fair punishments.

A white woman stole nearly $250,000 from the village of Chagrin Falls. Judge Hollie Gallagher sentenced her on Monday to two years of probation. A Black woman who stole $40,000 from Maple Heights City Schools went before Judge Rick Bell, who sentenced her Tuesday to 18 months in prison.

Now just watch how easy the excuses roll out.
Did they both have the same prior criminal record (or lack thereof)?

Or is a factor which goes into all sentencing just an “excuse” to be rolled out?

Last edited:
Why don't you take your pasty ass back to one of the many European countries.

I visit fairly regularly. I'm proud of my heritage. I would be LIVID if any of my schools had said that math and reading are unfair and harm eye-talians. But, somehow, you're not bothered when Progressive say that about "student of color"

Forum List

Back