Who Are The Palestinains?

As a gesture of love & peace, let us all join together in wishing Hamas the very best of success in filling Arafat's shoes.

Whoa now! Let us not condemn Yassar Arafat. He was one the world's all time greatest leaders. He took his Palestinians from the toilet to the sewer, got them massacred over & over again by their own Arab brothers, embezzeled their money, then died from AIDS leaving his Palestinians living in ignorance & poverty with no hope for a Palestinian State. And that is truly worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize.[/]

Well, seems little children know about that "PEACE PRIZE"!

10385374_394494720691352_3199222807292872116_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Bullshit.

That's the propaganda and lies of Anti-Zionists and Jew haters.

Before the migration of "Zionists" the Arabs and Jews clashed and fought over the fact that they believed that Jews shouldn't be here, even if they were the natives to begin with.

Jews were the natives in Hebron, till they were expelled by the Arabs, which in their rudness, dared to call today's Jews "illegal settlers".

And people like you swallow that lie and bark like good lil puppies.

We all know better.
According to official UN records, you're a little off!
During the period of the Mandate, the Zionist Organization worked to secure the establishment of a Jewish national home in Palestine. The indigenous people of Palestine, whose forefathers had inhabited the land for virtually the two preceding millennia felt this design to be a violation of their natural and inalienable rights. They also viewed it as an infringement of assurances of independence given by the Allied Powers to Arab leaders in return for their support during the war. The result was mounting resistance to the Mandate by Palestinian Arabs, followed by resort to violence by the Jewish community as the Second World War drew to a close.
Do you know what "indigenous" means?

It means your propaganda rap is full of shit!

BTW, if there was all that violence you claim was going on, you shouldn't have too much trouble to pony up some evidence of that. So where is it? Until you do, you're the only one spewing propaganda.

Bullshit.

That's the propaganda and lies of Anti-Zionists and Jew haters.

Before the migration of "Zionists" the Arabs and Jews clashed and fought over the fact that they believed that Jews shouldn't be here, even if they were the natives to begin with.

Jews were the natives in Hebron, till they were expelled by the Arabs, which in their rudness, dared to call today's Jews "illegal settlers".

And people like you swallow that lie and bark like good lil puppies.

We all know better.
According to official UN records, you're a little off!
During the period of the Mandate, the Zionist Organization worked to secure the establishment of a Jewish national home in Palestine. The indigenous people of Palestine, whose forefathers had inhabited the land for virtually the two preceding millennia felt this design to be a violation of their natural and inalienable rights. They also viewed it as an infringement of assurances of independence given by the Allied Powers to Arab leaders in return for their support during the war. The result was mounting resistance to the Mandate by Palestinian Arabs, followed by resort to violence by the Jewish community as the Second World War drew to a close.
Do you know what "indigenous" means?

It means your propaganda rap is full of shit!

BTW, if there was all that violence you claim was going on, you shouldn't have too much trouble to pony up some evidence of that. So where is it? Until you do, you're the only one spewing propaganda.
Ha ha ha. That's like a 100 page document which he managed to find the only pro Arab version in it.

Did you know the population of Jerusalem from the mid 1800's to early 1900's was majority Jews? And then came the Arab invaders.

There's your "indigenous" for you. :lmao:

Last edited:
P F Tinmore, et al,

Oh, brother!

In any case, the Palestinians have the legal and moral high ground.
(COMMENT)

If there is one piece of ground the Arab-Palestinian will unlikely ever hold sovereignty over it the legal and moral high ground.

First, let me say that the Israelis (Jewish State of Israel) has not always been in the "right" - and hasn't always - acted in good faith - and hasn't always exhibited the qualities of an exemplary nation. I have many objections to the way they have conducted themselves during the course of the continuing struggle in the Middle East.

OK, having said that --- you could mark Israel's missteps, mistakes, and out-right dumb moves on a Whiteboard with a black, fine tip, Expo Marker. There might be quite a few marks. On the other hand, and by way of comparison, to do the same for the Arab and Arab-Palestinians, you'd need run the Whiteboard down to the closest Earl Scheib Paint & Body Store Location and send the whole Whiteboard in for a coating of nanotech-based Blacker-than-Black. A paint roller just wouldn't do it justice.

13. In conclusion, the Arab Higher Committee Delegation wishes to stress the following:

(a) The Arabs of Palestine will never recognise the validity of the extorted partition recommendations or the authority of the United Nations to make them.

(b) The Arabs of Palestine consider that any attempt by the Jews or any power group of powers to establish a Jewish state in Arab territory is an act of aggression which will be resisted in self-defense.

(c) It is very unwise and fruitless to ask any commission to proceed to Palestine because not a single Arab will cooperate with the said Commission.

(d) The United Nations or its Commission should not be misled to believe that its efforts in the partition plan will meet with any success. It will be far better for the eclipsed prestige of this organization not to start on this adventure.

(e) The United Nations prestige will be better served by abandoning, not enforcing such an injustice.

(f) The determination of every Arab in Palestine is to oppose in every way the partition of that country.

(g) The Arabs of Palestine made a solemn declaration before the United Nations, before God and history, that they will never submit or yield to any power going to Palestine to enforce partition.
The only way to establish partition is first to wipe them out — man, woman and child.

I beg to remain, etc.
/s/ Isa Nakhleh
Representative of the
Arab Higher Committee​

Remembering:

States shall settle their international disputes by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security and justice are not endangered,

Most Respectfully,
R

Of course you did not address the issues that I posted to base my conclusion.

P F Tinmore, et al,

Oh, brother!

(COMMENT)

If there is one piece of ground the Arab-Palestinian will unlikely ever hold sovereignty over it the legal and moral high ground.

First, let me say that the Israelis (Jewish State of Israel) has not always been in the "right" - and hasn't always - acted in good faith - and hasn't always exhibited the qualities of an exemplary nation. I have many objections to the way they have conducted themselves during the course of the continuing struggle in the Middle East.

OK, having said that --- you could mark Israel's missteps, mistakes, and out-right dumb moves on a Whiteboard with a black, fine tip, Expo Marker. There might be quite a few marks. On the other hand, and by way of comparison, to do the same for the Arab and Arab-Palestinians, you'd need run the Whiteboard down to the closest Earl Scheib Paint & Body Store Location and send the whole Whiteboard in for a coating of nanotech-based Blacker-than-Black. A paint roller just wouldn't do it justice.

13. In conclusion, the Arab Higher Committee Delegation wishes to stress the following:

(a) The Arabs of Palestine will never recognise the validity of the extorted partition recommendations or the authority of the United Nations to make them.

(b) The Arabs of Palestine consider that any attempt by the Jews or any power group of powers to establish a Jewish state in Arab territory is an act of aggression which will be resisted in self-defense.

(c) It is very unwise and fruitless to ask any commission to proceed to Palestine because not a single Arab will cooperate with the said Commission.

(d) The United Nations or its Commission should not be misled to believe that its efforts in the partition plan will meet with any success. It will be far better for the eclipsed prestige of this organization not to start on this adventure.

(e) The United Nations prestige will be better served by abandoning, not enforcing such an injustice.

(f) The determination of every Arab in Palestine is to oppose in every way the partition of that country.

(g) The Arabs of Palestine made a solemn declaration before the United Nations, before God and history, that they will never submit or yield to any power going to Palestine to enforce partition.
The only way to establish partition is first to wipe them out — man, woman and child.

I beg to remain, etc.
/s/ Isa Nakhleh
Representative of the
Arab Higher Committee​

Remembering:

States shall settle their international disputes by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security and justice are not endangered,

Most Respectfully,
R

Of course you did not address the issues that I posted to base my conclusion.

Of course you always say this when you have no argument.
BTW, I think Rocco addressed your post quite well.

...the Palestinians have the legal and moral high ground.
The Palestinians lost any scrap of high moral ground that they once might have held, the very moment that they killed Israeli athletes at the Munich Games, or pushed that old man in the wheelchair overboard on the Achille Lauro, or sent suicide bombers into Israel to kill Jewish civilians on buses and at restaurants.

The bottom-feeding, under-performing, scum-sucking Palestinian Hamas and Fatah types, holding the high moral ground?

Bullshit.

The more I worked with them and spent time in the camps and saw how the disinformation imagery and rhetoric abound. They don't want to listen the "other" truths or give the width of a strand of hair in the way of compromise.
Like tel zaatar; any weakness, surrender, compromise or cooperation with the other side means being shot in the back or worse.
I was so horrified and disheartened after sabra and shatila, but not as much at what the shabab did, but at what the palestinians did to their own family or those trying to get out of the camps. The sights and smells trying sickened me. I had gotten to know and like many of the victims.
Palestinians turned many of my view away and later targeted me for not spouting their "line". I wouldn't play the game the way they wanted me to.

Okay, so let's do an analogy here. After a couple of hundred years of slavery, the unfortunate and unwilling African-Americans of Virginia staged a good sized slave rebellion during which they killed quite a few unarmed plantation owners, their wives, and kids, really horribly, chopped them with hoes, etc. Would you tell me that the slaves lost their clear moral high ground with regard to slavery as a result of their actions during the rebellion? Did their actions then justify continued slavery?

Good point. You wouldn't play the game they wanted you to. And either will Israel.

QUOTE=aris2chat;9201835]
...the Palestinians have the legal and moral high ground.
The Palestinians lost any scrap of high moral ground that they once might have held, the very moment that they killed Israeli athletes at the Munich Games, or pushed that old man in the wheelchair overboard on the Achille Lauro, or sent suicide bombers into Israel to kill Jewish civilians on buses and at restaurants.

The bottom-feeding, under-performing, scum-sucking Palestinian Hamas and Fatah types, holding the high moral ground?

Bullshit.

The more I worked with them and spent time in the camps and saw how the disinformation imagery and rhetoric abound. They don't want to listen the "other" truths or give the width of a strand of hair in the way of compromise.
Like tel zaatar; any weakness, surrender, compromise or cooperation with the other side means being shot in the back or worse.
I was so horrified and disheartened after sabra and shatila, but not as much at what the shabab did, but at what the palestinians did to their own family or those trying to get out of the camps. The sights and smells trying sickened me. I had gotten to know and like many of the victims.
Palestinians turned many of my view away and later targeted me for not spouting their "line". I wouldn't play the game the way they wanted me to.[/QUOTE]

So here we are with over 1600 replies & still no answer to the question Who Are The Palestinians? Some say with a valid argument they are mostly just squatters on Israel's ancient land for generations now with no deeds to the stolen land throughout any of their family's genetic history. And that among the indigenous Palestinians were Jews but not a single Muslim Palestinian as there were no Muslims at all until the 7th century AD.

Others say "Israel is stealing Palestinian land? Is this to mean that Israel is stealing their own land or if Israel is stealing Muslim Palestinian land when did the land of the Israelites since antiquity become this referenced Palestinian land that they claim Israel is now stealing? Will someone please enlighten us?

Okay, so let's do an analogy here. After a couple of hundred years of slavery, the unfortunate and unwilling African-Americans of Virginia staged a good sized slave rebellion during which they killed quite a few unarmed plantation owners, their wives, and kids, really horribly, chopped them with hoes, etc. Would you tell me that the slaves lost their clear moral high ground with regard to slavery as a result of their actions during the rebellion? Did their actions then justify continued slavery?

If you want to talk about slavery then start with the arab world, the capture and trade of slaves. Why not speak of the slave revolt, lets talk about Iraq. You want to compare treatment of slaves? Let's talk about child slavery and what they go through as camel jockeys, metal worker, carpet weavers or sex slave. How about Saudi Arabia?

If you want to make comparisons, then use like items, not separated so much by time, distance and culture. The construction of civilization and most large nation was built by the labor of slaves. Considering the prevalence of famine, disease, tribal warfare or the risk of hunting, it might be that slaves lived better than others of their tribe in Africa. There are good and bad slave owners no matter the place or time.

You compare that to the Israeli Palestinian conflict? Israel see this as a territorial issue. The Palestinians see it as a religious issue. For them, Allah has condemned the Jews and compared them to pigs and apes. The Jews having an independent state in the middle of an Islamic-ruled area is abomination.

That's the root of the problem.

Hardly the same problem.

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews and kill them, when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees, and the stones and trees will say 'O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him.'".Sahih Muslim, 41:6985

69 Drawing up the framework of nationality, Article 30 of the Treaty of Lausanne stated:

“Turkish subjects habitually resident in territory which in accordance with the provisions of the present Treaty is detached from Turkey will become ipso facto, in the conditions laid down by the local law, nationals of the State to which such territory is transferred.”​

83 The automatic, ipso facto, change from Ottoman to Palestinian nationality was dealt with in Article 1, paragraph 1, of the Citizenship Order, which declared:

“Turkish subjects habitually resident in the territory of Palestine upon the 1st day of August, 1925, shall become Palestinian citizens.”​

84 To qualify for Palestinian nationality by virtue of this paragraph, the person had to be: (1) a Turkish subject, or citizen; and (2) habitually resident in Palestine. While Palestinian nationality in accordance with international law (the Treaty of Lausanne) was created, as shown above, on 6 August 1924, the same nationality was effectively created on 1 August 1925 based on domestic law (the Palestinian Citizenship Order).

Genesis of Citizenship in Palestine and Israel

Thank you Tinmore for proving my point that there were no legally official Muslim Palestinians on the land they stole until 1925.

69 Drawing up the framework of nationality, Article 30 of the Treaty of Lausanne stated:

“Turkish subjects habitually resident in territory which in accordance with the provisions of the present Treaty is detached from Turkey will become ipso facto, in the conditions laid down by the local law, nationals of the State to which such territory is transferred.”​

83 The automatic, ipso facto, change from Ottoman to Palestinian nationality was dealt with in Article 1, paragraph 1, of the Citizenship Order, which declared:

“Turkish subjects habitually resident in the territory of Palestine upon the 1st day of August, 1925, shall become Palestinian citizens.”​

84 To qualify for Palestinian nationality by virtue of this paragraph, the person had to be: (1) a Turkish subject, or citizen; and (2) habitually resident in Palestine. While Palestinian nationality in accordance with international law (the Treaty of Lausanne) was created, as shown above, on 6 August 1924, the same nationality was effectively created on 1 August 1925 based on domestic law (the Palestinian Citizenship Order).

Billo_Really, et al,

You make this mistake quite frequently.

(OBSERVATION)

World English Dictionary
vested interest
— n
1. property law an existing and disposable right to the immediate or future possession and enjoyment of property​

World English Dictionary
human rights
— pl n
the rights of individuals to liberty, justice, etc​

Resolution 61/295. United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
Article 2
Indigenous peoples and individuals are free and equal to all other peoples and individuals and have the right to be free from any kind of discrimination, in the exercise of their rights, in particular that based on their indigenous origin or identity​

(COMMENT)

First, you confuse the "vested Interest" indigenous population with the "human rights" in common with all people.

Second, you forget that all people have the same rights. Longevity as a resident (indigenous people) incurs no special rights over newer residences.

While there is some truth that "you cannot move into a new neighborhood and automatically have more rights than the people already living there" --- it is not always true. It depends on the status of the resident. Your analogy is not quite right. Obviously, if I move into a neighborhood and buy property, I have more of a vested interest in the neighborhood than the renters that have been there for decades.

With all other things being equal --- Everyone has the same "rights." And in exercising these rights, have the same recognition - without regard to longevity in residence.

However, if I recently moved in and invested in the development of the land culturally, economically, socially, financially, then I might actually have a greater vested interest than a long time resident.

This requires an evaluation on a case-by-case basis.

Most Respectfully,
R

Thanks for the link.
http://www.un.org/esa/socdev/unpfii/documents/DRIPS_en.pdf

If you consider Palestinians to be the indigenous population of a state called Israel, then Israel is in violation of this provision. You will also see that Israel is in violation of articles 1 through 10 and others.

Another view of Israel would be a colonial project where these rights would apply to the Palestinians.

Note the similar rights expressed in both of these.

Then there are rights specifically for Palestine.

UN General Assembly Resolution 3236 and UN General Assembly Resolution 3237

Guided by the purposes and principles of the Charter,

Recalling its relevant resolutions which affirm the right of the Palestinian people to self-determination,

1. Reaffirms the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people in Palestine, including:

(a) The right to self-determination without external interference;

(b) The right to national independence and sovereignty;

2. Reaffirms also the inalienable right of the Palestinians to return to their homes and property from which they have been displaced and uprooted, and calls for their return;

3. Emphasizes that full respect for and the realization of these inalienable rights of the Palestinian people are indispensable for the solution of the question of Palestine;

Palestinians left because they did not want to be part of an Israeli state, among other reason. Some applied for reunification programs, about 1000 a year, till Oslo, returned to Israel and became citizens.
Israel has on many talks offered to take in 100,000 of the original refugees, over a period of time. Those born out side of Israel or that were in any way part of terrorism or violence against Israel would be be allowed. The rest of the palestinians would have to be taken in by other countries or find a place in a state of palestine when fully establish.

Israel had legal and moral right to exist as well.............and a right to pray at the wall or on the mount. Jews should have a right to buy land and live or establish a business in a palestinian state, or anywhere else.
Palestinian's left because of jewish terrorism against them.

As far as land rights, if you moved into a new neighborhood, you DO NOT have the right to someone else's property. And in the case where each party has no clear title to the land, the one who recently moved into the area, has less rights than the one who has been "homesteading" that land for centuries.

The Palestinians were the people resident in Palestine. They are the indigenous people of Palestine. That is all. The reason the mandatory language is
"those who were habitually resident in Palestine" is because they were dissolving the Ottoman Empire, which had been the only political structure in Palestine for literally hundreds of years. But the people weren't Turkish. As genetics has proved, they are the descendents of Canaanites and Sea Peoples, Philistines, Assyrians and Jews, Romans, Arabians, Crusaders, many different migrations and influences. But there has always been a people present continuously on that land. They are largely Sunni Muslim, but 20 - 30% (depending on location) were Christian, and others were Druze, Bahai, Armenians, indigenous Jews, Circassians, etc. All these groups are Palestinian, most but not all were Arab.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_people

Hee are some sources on the topics that are being discussed here:

The Palestinian right of return - legal and moral basis:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_right_of_return

And here are a couple of articles on why they left:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_Dalet
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deir_Yassin_massacre

And last and saddest to me, the very many villages, some going back to Bible times and earlier, that were destroyed:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...epopulated_during_the_1948_Palestinian_exodus

You can click on links to read the story of each individual village. These stories are compiled from not only Palestinians who were present, but also the stories of members of Haganah, Irgun, etc. about their own roles in each case. They don't deny what they did. And these villagers had very few arms. Virtually unamed and, as you will read, in many cases totally non combatant.

In the case of Deir Yassin, a village on the outskirts of Jerusalem, the Arab population had agreed with the neighboring Jewish town to support and protect each other, a mutual defense pact. So the villagers refused to allow Arab militias into the town to protect them, believing their solidarity with their Jewish neighbors would prevent them behind harmed. When the attack came, not a shot was fired by the villagers in resistance. The Jews from the neighboring town tried to honor their agreement and ran over, running through the streets screaming "No! No! Stop! Don't kill them!" ...but to no avail. Irgun, Lehi, and Palmach units were responsible for the massacre. Afterward the survivors were paraded through streets of Jerusalem and elsewhere in trucks for several days, telling Arabs to leave before the same fate would befall them. No one really knows what happened to the "survivors" so it is possible that they were executed after being driven around, but I don't think there is any proof of that yet. At any rate, no one has turned up and said "I survived the post-Deir Yassin truck ride." It seems fitting somehow that the buildings are now part of an Israeli insane asylum.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back