Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a handful of Jews in Palestine at the time, not "thousands".

The original French text of the letter makes it clear who Napoleon was writing to.

"Alors, debout dans la joie, vous les exilés! (Then stand in joy, you the exiles!). Par une guerre sans exemple dans les annales de l’histoire, guerre engagée pour son auto-défense par une nation dont les territoires héréditaires étaient considérés par l’ennemi comme un butin à partager arbitrairement.........."

PROCLAMATION DE BONAPARTE SUR LA PALESTINE

Maybe You overlook the simple fact that when Napoleon wrote it he was in Palestine with his army.
In addition any basic research according to either McCarthy, Scholch or the Ottoman Consensus shows Jews to be 2%-6% of the population in the area Jerusalem, Nablus and Acre Sanjaks.
In The Ottoman Census of 1878 there're 15000 Jews with additional 5000-10000 more foreign citizens estimated by different studies.

Indeed THOUSANDS of Palestinian Jews.

Well, fortunately I have access to the actual census, translated into English. The area in question is called the Kudus (Jerusalem) Special District. In that district there were 104 Jewish females and 112 Jewish males. In the whole of the Ottoman Empire there were less than 200,000 Jews and almost all were in Istanbul and the European part of the Empire.

upload_2017-1-9_9-20-2.png

Ottoman Population, 1830-1914 by Kemal H. Karpat - UNZ.org

upload_2017-1-9_9-28-30.png

P F Tinmore, et al,

Here you go again with incitement.

Like the demand to decolonize Palestine?
(COMMENT)

The Jewish State of Israel is NOT a COLONIAL POWER. The "demand to decolonize Palestine" is just another way of demanding Israel surrender.

Worse, its the demand to remove people from a territory based on ethnicity, aka ethnic cleansing.
If you check out BDS, not one person calls for the removal of Jews.

Try again as it is an underlying principle, and you have been shown this many times
And saying it a thousand times more still won't make it true.

And proving it just once will, and no matter how many times you deny this it wont alter the facts

The original French text of the letter makes it clear who Napoleon was writing to.

"Alors, debout dans la joie, vous les exilés! (Then stand in joy, you the exiles!). Par une guerre sans exemple dans les annales de l’histoire, guerre engagée pour son auto-défense par une nation dont les territoires héréditaires étaient considérés par l’ennemi comme un butin à partager arbitrairement.........."

Maybe You overlook the simple fact that when Napoleon wrote it he was in Palestine with his army.
In addition any basic research according to either McCarthy, Scholch or the Ottoman Consensus shows Jews to be 2%-6% of the population in the area Jerusalem, Nablus and Acre Sanjaks.
In The Ottoman Census of 1878 there're 15000 Jews with additional 5000-10000 more foreign citizens estimated by different studies.

Well, fortunately I have access to the actual census, translated into English. The area in question is called the Kudus (Jerusalem) Special District. In that district there were 104 Jewish females and 112 Jewish males. In the whole of the Ottoman Empire there were less than 200,000 Jews and almost all were in Istanbul and the European part of the Empire.

View attachment 105796

View attachment 105798

So where is the population figures for palestine then, all you have copied is those for parts of Turkey

View attachment 105796

View attachment 105798

Do You have a link where we can see the headlines of these tables?

Not without payment. This is not a free document unfortunately. I had the actual book scanned years ago on a primitive scanner when I was doing research as an assistant professor for a short while. I can try to clip a bigger portion of the page on the left tomorrow when I have access to a different computer.

Not without payment. This is not a free document unfortunately. I had the actual book scanned years ago on a primitive scanner when I was doing research as an assistant professor for a short while. I can try to clip a bigger portion of the page on the left tomorrow when I have access to a different computer.

In other words it is just another of your fakes

Make it clear so we can see the headlines on both pages, and the year of this data. Without it we cannot draw any conclusions due to the Falah's (Peasant) Revolt that began with infiltration of the Jewish quarter in Jerusalem and the earthquakes around that time.

In addition if You have the book please include the population of the Jews in the northern area where Safed, Acre, and Tiberias - the center of Jewish communities at the time.

View attachment 105796

View attachment 105798

This is closer to what the majority of scholars like McCarthy and Schloch described.

Population of Jerusalem as reported by Cesar Famin, a French diplomat in 1853 (p.49):

Jews - - - - - - - - - 8,000
Muslims - - - - - - - 4,000
Christians - - - - - 3,490
--------------------------------
Total - - - - - - - - 15,490

Here's another example with information from a variety of source depicting the same situation as above. Mind You most scholars reported such numbers (with tolerable variations).

Jerusalem and Its Environs
- p. 28-29
The_population_of_Jerusalem.png

The_population_of_Jerusalem2.png

Most scholars you are referencing did not have access to the source Ottoman census data nor could they understand it. The first accurate translation and compilation of the Ottoman censuses was performed in 1985, what I am providing information from. Plus, something published by Hebrew University must be taken with a grain of salt.

As promised, here are the top level categories. As you can discern the categories of the source material are far different from the ones of the "scholars" who did not know how to read the source census material. That alone should tell how reliable that information is.

upload_2017-1-10_11-4-23.png

Now, to provide more evidence.

This is the total ethnic distribution of in the Balkans.

upload_2017-1-10_11-9-48.png

This the ethnic distribution of Rumelia (the Roman lands, mostly Greece).

upload_2017-1-10_11-12-10.png

The total distribution of religions of Ottoman Europe

upload_2017-1-10_11-15-49.png

The Grand total of Jews in the whole of the empire 1890:
Female Male
upload_2017-1-10_11-18-59.png

Out of 194,006 Jews in the 1881-93 census period 190,000 were in Europe. That leaves about 4,000 distributed through the non-European part of the empire. Obviously, census data is not 100% accurate, but you can see why it is impossible for Jerusalem to have had 20+ thousand Jews in the 1880-90s.

View attachment 105967

View attachment 105968

View attachment 105969

Female Male
View attachment 105970

Out of 194,006 Jews in the 1881-93 census period 190,000 were in Europe. That leaves about 4,000 distributed through the non-European part of the empire. Obviously, census data is not 100% accurate, but you can see why it is impossible for Jerusalem to have had 20+ thousand Jews in the 1880-90s.

So nothing to do with Israel or palestine then, just more of your deflection because the LIES are coming home to roost

Most scholars you are referencing did not have access to the source Ottoman census data nor could they understand it. The first accurate translation and compilation of the Ottoman censuses was performed in 1985, what I am providing information from. Plus, something published by Hebrew University must be taken with a grain of salt.

As promised, here are the top level categories. As you can discern the categories of the source material are far different from the ones of the "scholars" who did not know how to read the source census material. That alone should tell how reliable that information is.

View attachment 105964

Monte this:
upload_2017-1-10_11-4-23-png.105964

is clearly not from these 2 pages:
upload_2017-1-9_9-20-2-png.105796

All I asked You was to show the FULL table, including the headlines on BOTH pages and the exact years. But if we look at the two page that You've attached (above), it's clear that the left and the right pages and lines do not correspond with the lines on the left and right pages below.

Where are the headline and years I've asked You initially?

View attachment 105967

View attachment 105968

View attachment 105969

Female Male
View attachment 105970

View attachment 105967

View attachment 105968

View attachment 105969

Female Male
View attachment 105970

Monte what is this again, an answer to my request to take in account the population of Jews in Galilee?

You look everywhere but not where Palestine was:
The Acre, Nablus and Damascus districts where the Jews of Sefad, Tiberias, Acre and Haifa lived. And of course Jerusalem district which I'm still waiting to see unaltered.

C'mon You claim You have access to this book, why all the hard work to cut and link little pcitures while with the Balkan and Roman data You did it the easy way and simply copied all the table fully?

View attachment 105964

Monte this:
upload_2017-1-10_11-4-23-png.105964

is clearly not from these 2 pages:
upload_2017-1-9_9-20-2-png.105796

All I asked You was to show the FULL table, including the headlines on BOTH pages and the exact years. But if we look at the two page that You've attached (above), it's clear that the left and the right pages and lines do not correspond with the lines on the left and right pages below.

Where are the headline and years I've asked You initially?

The lines don't match because it is manually scanned document and the table extends over two pages of a book that with difficulty . However I will try to do better tomorrow. However, the consolidated tables prove the point anyway.

View attachment 105967

View attachment 105968

View attachment 105969

Female Male
View attachment 105970

View attachment 105967

View attachment 105968

View attachment 105969

Female Male
View attachment 105970

Monte what is this again, an answer to my request to take in account the population of Jews in Galilee?

You look everywhere but not where Palestine was:
The Acre, Nablus and Damascus districts where the Jews of Sefad, Tiberias, Acre and Haifa lived. And of course Jerusalem district which I'm still waiting to see unaltered.

C'mon You claim You have access to this book, why all the hard work to cut and link little pcitures while with the Balkan and Roman data You did it the easy way and simply copied all the table fully?

The places you mention are in the Kudus Special Region, which includes Jerusalem. There are no separate tables of the Kudus Special Region, it is a tiny entity not like the Balkans, Rumelia etc.

Monte denying the numerous scholars I've referenced with such a childish argument "they didn't know how to read the data" is telling allot.

Prof. J. McCarthy is a demograph and historian, his expertise is exactly in the late Ottoman period. He also has a honorary doctorate from a Turkish university.

Seetzen, the German explorer lived in Aleppo for 2 years for the sole purpose of learning Arabic.

Alexander Scholch is a former Professor of Modern Middle East Studies at the University of Erlangen in Germany.

Alan Dawty is a Professor of Political Science Emeritus, University of Notre Dame.

Abraham Luncz was a Russian scholar and journalist who lived in Jerusalem from the age of 14.

Cesar Famin was a French consul in the District of Damascus.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back